Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 08:04 AM

88,775 posts, read 44,594,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Not by any standard are high earners paying enough.
Let me repeat... high earners are paying TWICE their fair share, and everyone else isn't even keeping up with paying in proportion to their share of the income.

High earners are OVERpaying. Everyone else isn't pulling their weight. If you're UNDERpaying in proportion to what you earn, don't be surprised when government services aren't there any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 08:12 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,952,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Let me repeat... high earners are paying TWICE their fair share, and everyone else isn't even keeping up with paying in proportion to their share of the income.

High earners are OVERpaying. Everyone else isn't pulling their weight. If you're UNDERpaying in proportion to what you earn, don't be surprised when government services aren't there any more.
You can repeat and kick and scream all you like...LOL

High earners need to pay into the system more as the gap between rich and poor is the greatest in our Nation's history and their real income has skyrocketed over the last two decades.

You might be happy to turn this country into another Brazil but I don't think sane Americans will stand for that.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:14 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,921,779 times
Quote:

Right wingers have lost the mental ability to discern what is in their own best interest.
Let say I want a new car and I'm presented with the following (2) options:

1) pay for the car myself using my own earned money

2) let someone else pay for it while I keep my own money and get a
"free" car

What choice would be in my best interest? Why option 2 of course. I'd get a free car at someone else's expense while I get to keep my cash.

Does that about sum it up for you and your view of how things "should work"?

Old 12-11-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
High earners need to pay into the system more as the gap between rich and poor is the greatest in our Nation's history and their real income has skyrocketed over the last two decades.
Welfare women who have a birth rate of 3 times that of everyone else are included in that statistic. So, no sale.

Pay twice the percentage of what you earn, like the high earners do, or don't be surprised when government services go away.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Let say I want a new car and I'm presented with the following (2) options:

1) pay for the car myself using my own earned money

2) let someone else pay for it while I keep my own money and get a
"free" car

What choice would be in my best interest? Why option 2 of course. I'd get a free car at someone else's expense while I get to keep my cash.

Does that about sum it up for you and your view of how things "should work"?
Yes. Padcrasher wants free stuff, and wants someone else to pay for it. ...the exact same mentality that's taking this country down.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:20 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,921,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes. Padcrasher wants free stuff, and wants someone else to pay for it. ...the exact same mentality that's taking this country down.
This about sums it up:

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/5917/obamashotsign.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-11-2010, 08:31 AM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
There's no relation between Government spending and "bankrupting us".

European governments are twice the size of the USA in relation to GDP and they running no greater deficits or unemployment rates the we are.

What is "bankrupting us" is failure to pay our bills. Not taxing the wealthy enough and paying absurdly too much for defense.

Right!

Debt external (per capita) (most recent) by country

Old 12-11-2010, 08:38 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
You can repeat and kick and scream all you like...LOL

You might be happy to turn this country into another Brazil but I don't think sane Americans will stand for that.
WRONG.. The high income earners have been having their income DROP.. and the bottom has risen.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/26/bu...come.html?_r=2

Despite this rise in the number of high-wage earners, their total wages declined by $2.4 billion, or almost 1 percent, to $313.3 billion.

The decline in total wages at the top was solely among the narrow segment of wage earners with total income of $5 million or more, the same group that was the big winner from dot-com era stock options, reported as wages on tax returns. The average wage of these 33,309 workers fell almost 37 percent, to $3.5 million in 2006 from $5.5 million in 2000, analysis of the tax data showed.

You can thank Bush for this.. and you want to reverse this trend to have the rich earn more...

Old 12-11-2010, 08:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Right wingers have lost the mental ability to discern what is in their own best interest.
Maybe because it isnt about my own self interest.. Its about whats best for the country. Its greed like yours pulling the country down.. Tell me how this suits your childrens best interest to be saddled with unpayable debt and a nation of poor people depedant upon the country?

Old 12-11-2010, 11:00 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,059,149 times
Quote:
There's no relation between Government spending and "bankrupting us".

European governments are twice the size of the USA in relation to GDP and they running no greater deficits or unemployment rates the we are.

What is "bankrupting us" is failure to pay our bills. Not taxing the wealthy enough and paying absurdly too much for defense.
Ok, Where to do get this stuff? I'm serious. Who makes this stuff up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies