Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:22 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'd trade places with Patrice Motsepe or Aliko Dangote - they're each worth $2+ billion.

Pretty sure I'd trade places with Michael Jordan, Derek Jeter, LeBron James, Ryan Howard, Alex Rodriguez, etc. Hell, I'd trade places with Tiger Woods!

There are lots of black people I'd trade places with, in fact.
Awe, let these race baiters keep their stereotypes, its the only thing that keeps them going on living their lives day by day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 12:30 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Awe, let these race baiters keep their stereotypes, its the only thing that keeps them going on living their lives day by day.
That and the chance to post 500 meaningless posts on city-data each day...

Old 12-13-2010, 12:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Surely you can't be serious...

nah..................

Old 12-13-2010, 12:45 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Is that your explanation of how the original 50 eligible claims (Congressional testimony) grew to 94,000 and counting? The total number of black farmers during the years of eligibility was a fraction of that.
Don't tell them that, then they can't make the irrelevant title of the thread their main means of attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This is the main sticking point. I want someone defending it to go ahead and explain this.
Free-For-All.. looting of the US treasury and stealing from current and future generations.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
I'd trade places with Patrice Motsepe or Aliko Dangote - they're each worth $2+ billion.

Pretty sure I'd trade places with Michael Jordan, Derek Jeter, LeBron James, Ryan Howard, Alex Rodriguez, etc. Hell, I'd trade places with Tiger Woods!

There are lots of black people I'd trade places with, in fact.
LOL...when i say trade place, i don't mean trading assets.

No, you'd have to take their race along with the assets. Trust me dude, you can't wear these shoes. You wouldn't have the first clue about what you'd be getting into. I'd give it a week before you'd freak the hell out and jump off a building!

Old 12-13-2010, 01:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

No, you'd have to take their race along with the assets. Trust me dude, you can't wear these shoes. You wouldn't have the first clue about what you'd be getting into. I'd give it a week before you'd freak the hell out and jump off a building!
Word.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:45 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

I'm sorry, do you know me? I don't believe you do. So, please don't presume to know what I would or wouldn't do.

I promise you, I *could* wear those shoes.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:54 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Hmmm... seems some are playing the "Woe is me; I'm black" card to deflect attention away from the Obama campaign's Pigford vote-buying scam.

Again, from The Hill...
Quote:
Supporters of Obama’s presidential campaign argued the then-Illinois senator’s move to resolve late Pigford claims would endear him to Southern black voters during the tough Democratic primary race against former Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.). At the time of the bill’s introduction in 2007, Obama was finding his footing as a candidate and polls suggested he was struggling to attract black voters. He later won almost unanimously among this group against Clinton and then in the general election against Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).
CBC upset over Obama

Obama bought southern black votes via the Pigford II settlements. ...And Obama just recently added over $1 Billion more to the Pigford II payout fund to keep the CBC and black voters happy.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:50 PM

12,961 posts, read 13,673,944 times
$50,000 ? you can't do crap with that . There are 3rd or 4th generation white farmers who are payiing out probally 10 times that in rent checks. you can barely put a up building with that. There are plenty of African Americans who's grandfathers were forced off their 40 acre farms by banks. some of them are dead. and these payments will go to heirs. It great that after screwing thousands of farmers out of their life ,they will all be able to buy a twenty five year old tractor.

The Sherrod deal was exposed for being a cut and paste job on her speech .and how many people really believe a black president needs to buy the Southern Black vote, ?

Last edited by thriftylefty; 12-13-2010 at 04:02 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
and how many people really believe a black president needs to buy the Southern Black vote?
At the time it wasn't how many it was who.

The answer: Supporters of Obama’s presidential campaign. Why? Polls suggested he was struggling to attract black voters. The south loved the Clintons. Hillary Clinton was favored.

Didn't you read the article from The Hill linked earlier?

More on the vote-buying scam...
Quote:
Barrack Obama trails Hillary Clinton by twenty two percent nationwide and has now fallen behind Clinton in the early primary states of Iowa and South Carolina.
Comments on the 2007 campaign: http://dl21c-chicago.org/the-barack-obama-campaign-of-hope/ (broken link)

Then, Obama promises Pigford II payouts, and...
Quote:
Obama leads Clinton 43 percent to 25 percent in the rolling [SC] tracking poll
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2357388020080123

Last edited by InformedConsent; 12-13-2010 at 05:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies