U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 04:57 PM

2,072 posts, read 4,563,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Those guys were actually very literate and well spoken. I think George would have trouble understanding them. But if they did have a discussion, it might go something like this...

Abe Lincoln - "Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed."

George Bush - "I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me."

George Washington - The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion.

George Bush - "God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam [Hussein], which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

Thomas Jefferson - All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

George Bush - "Stop throwing the Constitution in my face, It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”
LoL... Love it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 07:27 PM

7,100 posts, read 25,290,577 times
I can just hear his side of the conversation...."Boys, you just don't understand. I prayed over this, therefore I must be right."

Old 07-13-2007, 10:24 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,462,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
....He also deals cold heartedly in the death of young American men and women and does not bat an eye-
That's because he's a rough and tough cowboy who's willing to stay the course. I wish I could be so brave, and willing to keep fighting for what I believe in.............no matter how many OTHER people get killed as a result of my actions.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:59 PM

2,072 posts, read 4,563,636 times
I see the conversation going something like this.

George Washington: President Bush, harken unto the Will of the People of this great land for the Will of the People is the Voice of this Great Nation!

Abraham Lincoln: Yes, I wholeheartedly agree George.

Thomas Jefferson: I Agree also gentlemen.

Bush: Uh...Uh...., that was then, this is now. This is my country, and I'm doing it my way...and if you don't like it...Bring it On. I'll lick all the three of ya' at the same time.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:01 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,462,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
...........Bush: Uh...Uh...., that was then, this is now. This is my country, and I'm doing it my way...and if you don't like it...Bring it On. I'll lick all the three of ya' at the same time.

.....and that would explain his issues with gay marriage

Old 07-13-2007, 11:02 PM

308 posts, read 659,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Thanks for the laugh. A man who visits Katrina victims and laughs ...""I used to party here.... he heee" yeah, just what we need.

Really? That happened? Do you have a link or video?

That would truely be disgusting.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
If these great forefathers sat down with George Bush today, as part of a Commission to reform the United States, after almost eight years of destruction, what advice would they give Bush, and most importantly, would he take the advice of such great American leaders?

My God. If Abraham Lincoln were President today he would be demonized by far-Left Liberals worse than dummy Bush.

I disagree with Bush on many things, but the Iraq War was the right thing to do and I believe every past President would have done the same thing.

Did President Lincoln suspend the U.S. Constitution?

Quote:
Did President Lincoln suspend the U.S. Constitution?

Answer: No

Did President Lincoln suspend Habeas Corpus?

Answer: Yes, in 1861 and 1862

Was Habeas Corpus ever restored?

Answer: Yes, in 1866.

Liberal Democrats under Abraham Lincoln did the same thing as Liberal Democrats today are doing under Bush to undermine the Iraq War.

This is the 1864 Democrat Party platform:

Democratic Party Platform

Quote:
By 1864, the Country had grown weary of the long and bloody Civil War.

Hundreds of thousands of the countries' best and bravest young men had fallen on the fields of Bull Run, Antietam, Shiloh, and countless more. Many began to think that the war was not worth it, and the price of freedom too great.

The Republican Presidential Candidate Abraham Lincoln thought no price was too great for the abolition of slavery and the creation of a society in which a man was not judged by the color of his skin. Unfortunately, after four long years of war, Lincoln's support was dropping fast, and people were looking for a way out of the war.

Quote:
The Democratic Platform:
The 1864 Democratic Platform began with the words:

Resolved, that in the future, as in the past, we will adhere with unswerving fidelity to the Union under the Constitution, as the only solid foundation of our strength, security, and happiness as a people, and as a framework of government equally conducive to the welfare and prosperity of all the States, both Northern and Southern.

Nast wrapped these words around an image of their true meaning, showing men and dogs hunting down runaway slaves. The image to your left presents this portion of the illustration above.
Quote:
The Chicago Platform further reads:

that the aim and object of the Democratic party are to preserve the federal Union and the rights of the States unimpaired

Nast's Illustration then points out that the "Rights of the States Unimpaired" was a nice way of saying, "States may Continue to practice Slavery, with all its associated brutality, unencumbered by the Federal Government".

The illustration shows a slave auction. At the slave auction, a black family is being sold.

The Mother is being sold separately from the child and Husband. Clearly, the family was being split apart and sold separately. In the second image, a black man is shown tied to a tree and being brutally beaten by two men with whips. Other slaves are forced to watch the brutality, I suppose as a warning to them. All this was accepted practice in the United States of the 1850's and 1860's. The Democratic Platform of 1864 was strongly supporting continuing this practice as "Business as Usual".

Liberal Democrats wanted to give up on the Civil War, shrug their shoulders and continue to allow slavery, and Liberal Democrats want to give up today.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 07-14-2007 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: please don't use copyrighted material in posts

Old 07-13-2007, 11:28 PM

14,495 posts, read 24,591,360 times
Thumbs up yes it did-

Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Libertarian View Post
Really? That happened? Do you have a link or video?

That would truely be disgusting.

I am busy writing my thesis right now, but I bet you can Google it. It was mentioned on Charlie Rose.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
I am busy writing my thesis right now, but I bet you can Google it. It was mentioned on Charlie Rose.

Ok. When you get a chance I would like the link please.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:29 PM

239 posts, read 1,215,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
No, they would misunderestimate the Decider's intellectualityism.
The above beared repeating. Impossible to top that one!!

Between The Decider's 'feelings' about things, Cheney's paranoia and bunker-mentality, Gonzales' dementia, and now, Chertoff's "gut", we got quite a crew running the government, don't we? It seems almost like some test-tube experiment that has failed... miserably failed, and we're all paying the price for its failure. Where's stem-cell research when you really need it? Oh, yeah, right... unfunded!

The other good laugh I had was reading the post about Abe Lincoln and the "liberal democrats" of his time. Oh yeah... now there's an apple-to-apple comparison. The U.S. Civil War... The Iraqi Invasion. So many similarities that history will no doubt blur the line someday.

Uh-huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies