Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2010, 10:01 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,665 times

Advertisements

I would like general opinion and critique of this FtN interview. I hope that we can get intelligent input and avoid the lesser comments.

I think that Sen. Graham is right in saying that the new Congress must be more then talk and must help to solve the problems. If they turn out to be all talk and no walk Ill be against them in the next election. They were hired to do a job and if they don't they should be fired. Just having a loud bark ain't gonna cut it. Walk the talk or get out.
I want our elected representatives to realize that their opinion dose not matter, it's the people that they represent who's dose. They need to listen to us to get the next vote and keep there job.

GOP Lawmaker: Tea Partiers Must Play Ball - Face The Nation - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 04:08 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Lindsey Graham is part of the problem, not part of the solution. He's a leader of the old-line, Neo-Conservative GOP who created most of the current mess in the first place after having promised "conservative" government to get elected.

When he advises the Tea Partiers to play ball, he's in essence warning them not to cross the established leadership if they want to get anything passed.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:48 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
I would like general opinion and critique of this FtN interview. I hope that we can get intelligent input and avoid the lesser comments.

I think that Sen. Graham is right in saying that the new Congress must be more then talk and must help to solve the problems. If they turn out to be all talk and no walk Ill be against them in the next election. They were hired to do a job and if they don't they should be fired. Just having a loud bark ain't gonna cut it. Walk the talk or get out.
I want our elected representatives to realize that their opinion dose not matter, it's the people that they represent who's dose. They need to listen to us to get the next vote and keep there job.

GOP Lawmaker: Tea Partiers Must Play Ball - Face The Nation - CBS News
I agree with his sentiment. The Tea Party now has to prove itself. However, everyone needs to keep in mind our Senate is still Democrat and our president is as well. Just b/c the House turned doesn't mean we will automatically get everything done that we want, much as I hate to say it. I think Obama is now going to be forced to concede on some things but he will lean on his old cronies Reid and Pelosi to help him maintain the path they are currently taking us down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies