Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 05:06 AM

504 posts, read 456,819 times

Advertisements

2 Brave Americans with ideologies miles apart but closer than the corporate media would have you believe they are stood up and told truth to power on Friday. They are true AMERICANS not corporate shills and thugs...........And guess what I didnt see neither one of them on the major News shows on sunday, what they had to offer to debate was nothing more than a foonote for the BS discussions being had by the oligarchal represenstatives from both the Dem and Rep parties.

If you missed it Senator Bernie Sanders stood up for 8.5hrs and gave America the speech it should have heard years ago. No he didnt read from the phone-book, he in great detail but in plain language gave the 1 plus 1 equals two break down of our countries economic system. Biggest thing that liberal bastion MSNBC had to say about it was Oh-wow it crashed the C-span servers and Twitter..................Really I mean really is that all there is to be said.

If you Missed it Ron Paul got up and defended your's and mine's 1st ammendment right to free speech. He called the Iraq war exactly what it is a "LIE" a complete hoax designed to fleece the pockets of the American people. He asked which killed more Americans Wikileaks, The Pentagon Papers or being lied into a needless war........................Dude the sound of silence and crickets is downright deafening. I know the folks at Freedomworks and all the other corporate folks behind the Tea-Party urinated on themselves. I mean hey where is the conservative leadership to call Mr. Paul out on his slander. There isnt any because Paul has too much of a following in the Rep party grass roots. So the tactic is just to ignore the man who just pointd out that the bulk of our deficit was a lie.

Dems buy you dinner and slip you a roofie and use lubrication
Reps just take it hard and raw in an alley and demand that you like it.

Listen up America with either side in the end youre still getting screwed.

And your corporate media, I dont care which side you cheer for is no help to the American people at all.

Venting --Some troll will misdirect this thread shortly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 05:24 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,584,267 times
Paul was the best option in 2008. He'd be the best option in 2012. Which, of course, means that he won't even poll in the double digits. Why? Because the voters of this country aren't smart enough to vote for what's best for them. They're only smart enough to vote for the person who promises to give them the most stuff.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:37 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Paul was the best option in 2008. He'd be the best option in 2012. Which, of course, means that he won't even poll in the double digits. Why? Because the voters of this country aren't smart enough to vote for what's best for them. They're only smart enough to vote for the person who promises to give them the most stuff.
i agree that Paul was shut out of the media by the conservative establishment. Fox News had a problem with him, at one point not even letting him on the early primary ballot, when others were polling him in the double digits.

There is ONE way by which a person can come to power within the Republican Party, and it is only with the blessing of conservative money and media, like the US Chamber of Commerce, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove. I don't see Paul reforming that.

Last edited by le roi; 12-13-2010 at 05:46 AM..

Old 12-13-2010, 06:20 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post

If you missed it Senator Bernie Sanders stood up for 8.5hrs and gave America the speech it should have heard years ago. No he didnt read from the phone-book, he in great detail but in plain language gave the 1 plus 1 equals two break down of our countries economic system. Biggest thing that liberal bastion MSNBC had to say about it was Oh-wow it crashed the C-span servers and Twitter..................Really I mean really is that all there is to be said.

If you Missed it Ron Paul got up and defended your's and mine's 1st ammendment right to free speech.
So, you trust Bernie and his ilk more than the "corporate media"? News flash! His mindset and values has killed tens of millions more since the 20th century than your "exploitative war" of Iraq (and Afghanistan). We'll have to start at least 1,000 more of this type war to catch up with your favored brand of bloodshed and totalitarianism.

You have to keep in mind that what every Bernie Sanders offers you is, first and foremost, your freedoms to speak against the government. Then, when they are the dominant power, free speech is immediately shut down and you dare not speak against them. It is always "necessary" so that their "fair" system can have a fair start. You can hear echoes of this in Obama's speeches (pointed jabs at "unfair" media sources).

Let's not suffer another bout of amnesia so soon after the 20th.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:19 AM

Default Im just laughing at you. Are there any adults on this forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
So, you trust Bernie and his ilk more than the "corporate media"? News flash! His mindset and values has killed tens of millions more since the 20th century than your "exploitative war" of Iraq (and Afghanistan). We'll have to start at least 1,000 more of this type war to catch up with your favored brand of bloodshed and totalitarianism.

You have to keep in mind that what every Bernie Sanders offers you is, first and foremost, your freedoms to speak against the government. Then, when they are the dominant power, free speech is immediately shut down and you dare not speak against them. It is always "necessary" so that their "fair" system can have a fair start. You can hear echoes of this in Obama's speeches (pointed jabs at "unfair" media sources).

Let's not suffer another bout of amnesia so soon after the 20th.

You sound like a stark raving mad-man. Lol or maybe you know more than I know and in that case I apologize but good grief ROFLMFAO

Old 12-13-2010, 11:19 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
I guess Ron got too cold and decided to come in...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/13/us...er=rss&emc=rss

Ah, embraced by the cuckold that is the GOP.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:28 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
You sound like a stark raving mad-man. Lol or maybe you know more than I know and in that case I apologize but good grief ROFLMFAO
And your posts score extremely high on the lunacy meter, since you know apparently nothing about 20th century history, or choose totally to ignore it---

Old 12-13-2010, 09:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
2 Brave Americans with ideologies miles apart but closer than the corporate media would have you believe they are stood up and told truth to power on Friday. They are true AMERICANS not corporate shills and thugs...........And guess what I didnt see neither one of them on the major News shows on sunday, what they had to offer to debate was nothing more than a foonote for the BS discussions being had by the oligarchal represenstatives from both the Dem and Rep parties.

If you Missed it Ron Paul got up and defended your's and mine's 1st ammendment right to free speech. He called the Iraq war exactly what it is a "LIE" a complete hoax designed to fleece the pockets of the American people. He asked which killed more Americans Wikileaks, The Pentagon Papers or being lied into a needless war........................Dude the sound of silence and crickets is downright deafening. I know the folks at Freedomworks and all the other corporate folks behind the Tea-Party urinated on themselves. I mean hey where is the conservative leadership to call Mr. Paul out on his slander. There isnt any because Paul has too much of a following in the Rep party grass roots. So the tactic is just to ignore the man who just pointd out that the bulk of our deficit was a lie.

Dems buy you dinner and slip you a roofie and use lubrication
Reps just take it hard and raw in an alley and demand that you like it.

Listen up America with either side in the end youre still getting screwed.

And your corporate media, I dont care which side you cheer for is no help to the American people at all.

Venting --Some troll will misdirect this thread shortly.
Sadly, you are so correct. I have no words for how Senator Sanders words moved me. I was riveted to the TV. Sander's words came from absolute heart and soul love for this country. He gave a lesson in history and real American philosophy and values. There is no debating anything he put forth. The man deserves a medal of honor. He is not in the pockets of lobbyists and had no compunction about exposing them.

I am also amazed and disappointed that his filibuster is not being replayed over and over on every available TV screen on every airwave...but then
again, just another creepy sign of how our media has been monopolized and corrupted. Bless Bernie Sanders for his integrity!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 12-13-2010 at 09:38 PM..

Old 12-14-2010, 06:50 AM

Default Wheres one of Obama's BS speeches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Sadly, you are so correct. I have no words for how Senator Sanders words moved me. I was riveted to the TV. Sander's words came from absolute heart and soul love for this country. He gave a lesson in history and real American philosophy and values. There is no debating anything he put forth. The man deserves a medal of honor. He is not in the pockets of lobbyists and had no compunction about exposing them.

I am also amazed and disappointed that his filibuster is not being replayed over and over on every available TV screen on every airwave...but then
again, just another creepy sign of how our media has been monopolized and corrupted. Bless Bernie Sanders for his integrity!

Obama likes to be Mr. Professor and make speeches when challenged. I want to hear a response from him that answers what Sanders has to say. I would pay big $ to hear him snake his way around the truth.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Where can I get a transcript of Senator Sander's and Senator Paul's speech?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies