Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:13 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times

Advertisements

Even if it takes the GOP awhile to undo Obamacare, they'll eventually get it done; the soaring number of both doctors who are retiring early will make waiting rooms even more crowded, and the nonstop cascade of lies which Reid, Pelosi & Obama have foisted upon all of us will be brought out into the open, and they won't be able to blame Fox News for that!!!!!

When companies started announcing massive writedowns within days after this bill was signed (Caterpillar & Verizon were among them IIRC), the democrats should have known how much trouble they were in back then.

Since the menial fines for not covering their employees will be far cheaper for them and much better for their bottom lines, perhaps more politicians will notice what a disaster this is, and especially the 20+ Democrats who'll be facing re-election in 2012.

Doctors have already started switching to a 'concierge medicine' practice template, which means cash only, no insurance, and no Medicare patients, as numerous stories on ABC & CBS have already pointed out.

When millions of American taxpayers start inundating their Congressperson with vehement letters and e-mails demanding to know why won't my doctor honor my insurance plan anymore, why is my doctor going to retire early, and why won't my doctor take Medicare anymore, how will the Democrats who passed this monstrosity with no input from Republicans while simultaneously ignoring the wishes of their constituents be able to avoid getting obliterated again in 2012, and lose the White House in the process?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 06:05 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I own a business and that is part of the risk you take owning your own practice/business. Some people do not pay on time. Some don't pay at all. Some pay faster than others. Every doctor I know is now on an HMO staff, even the indie ones. So that they are part of a group. They all accept medicare.

Again, owning a business is full of risks...one is that you may not get paid. At least Doctors Know how much they agree upon for each procedure and they pad the cost of treatment. They have patients with insurance, even medicaid. I own a business and each time I never know if they will pay their invoice within 30/60/90/120 or EVER. Life sucks. I don't cry for Doctors. YOU tell me how is it that a 10 minute office visit WITH Nothing even prescribed costs $300. Really? is that fair?
NO
You own a business. Are you a Doctor? Probably not. You wouldn't listen to a Dr on how to run your business, you probably aren't in a position to tell them how to run theirs. He doesn't worry about billing, he requires cash up front, unless you are with an Insurance, that he accepts, which is a very small number.

Just because a Doctor YOU see charges 300$ for an office visit, doesn't mean everyone does. Some, who own their own practice, actually have fair rates. His rates on average is 60$ for a basic office visit/checkup. If you injured yourself, and require xrays, it's a bit more, to cover the cost of the xrays, and such. That's a FAR cry from your $300. Not all Doctors are charging outrageous fees.

You make too many assumptions.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:46 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Because the principle of economic substitution does not apply but it does apply to all other commerce including all products. If you want a burger or a car you have choice zillions of choices but if you have a heart attack you have one choice and that is a hospital. given that one choice the government has a lawful right to impose choice and restrictions as you when you do have a heart attack will use up funds (mucho funds) to pay for your care. their is no substitute and as such the gov't has a lawful and compelling interest.
Yeah, screw the Constitution. I know that's what you guys think. You think if you can get something for nothing, you don't care what laws or parts of the Constitution it violates. Good thing is, it doen't work like that.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:20 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times
What do you think will solve the problem about people not being able to afford health care then? Republicans have a lot of babble for not wanting socialized health care, but no action, no ideas on what to do about the insurance companies taking advantage of capitalism when it comes to your health. What about the doctors who aren't a loud to make decisions based on what they think is needed but have to go by the insurance companies opinions? What about insurance companies taking out "life insurance" policies on you to recoup their money, without your knowledge? What about the insurance companies dropping people who have paid for years, or pre existing condition issues where the insurance company clearly lies to cut you off? What do republicans plan to do about this stuff?
I'd love to hear something better, so please, let me know what your plan is! It's easy to condemn others for trying, Obama, dems in the congress, house, I see a lot of that on here, but I don't see an alternative from the Republicans. There needs to be some control from somewhere, what do republicans have in the bag? Please share, maybe it's better, who knows, so far I hear and see nothing but letting people just die or suffer. Give me something that takes a little more effort on your part and I'd be glad to listen. I'm a independent and at least I see the Dems trying to help, it might not work out but the effort is there to fix this stuff. I just see the Republicans, cutting others ideas apart, and taking crap away except for taxes from people who make money, including those who make their living off running insurance companies. What else you got?

You get sort of tired of hearing contradictions from Republicans, like "no government" except to tell woman they can't have abortions, or we need to cut costs, except for military funding and war, or you can't kill a fetus, but you can go to war and kill others kids, mothers and fathers and maybe yourself, God doesn't mind that, only the fetus? I don't get it, nothing real their to believe in for me, just bs. Can you try and make sense for me, or do you just not care? I'm in AZ so I see this stuff all the time from the Republicans, what gives?

Last edited by twiggy; 12-15-2010 at 09:31 AM..

Old 12-15-2010, 09:23 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah, screw the Constitution. I know that's what you guys think. You think if you can get something for nothing, you don't care what laws or parts of the Constitution it violates. Good thing is, it doen't work like that.
So, I guess you are also against government provided education, fire services and law enforcement.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Even if it takes the GOP awhile to undo Obamacare, they'll eventually get it done; the soaring number of both doctors who are retiring early will make waiting rooms even more crowded, and the nonstop cascade of lies which Reid, Pelosi & Obama have foisted upon all of us will be brought out into the open, and they won't be able to blame Fox News for that!!!!!

When companies started announcing massive writedowns within days after this bill was signed (Caterpillar & Verizon were among them IIRC), the democrats should have known how much trouble they were in back then.

Since the menial fines for not covering their employees will be far cheaper for them and much better for their bottom lines, perhaps more politicians will notice what a disaster this is, and especially the 20+ Democrats who'll be facing re-election in 2012.

Doctors have already started switching to a 'concierge medicine' practice template, which means cash only, no insurance, and no Medicare patients, as numerous stories on ABC & CBS have already pointed out.

When millions of American taxpayers start inundating their Congressperson with vehement letters and e-mails demanding to know why won't my doctor honor my insurance plan anymore, why is my doctor going to retire early, and why won't my doctor take Medicare anymore, how will the Democrats who passed this monstrosity with no input from Republicans while simultaneously ignoring the wishes of their constituents be able to avoid getting obliterated again in 2012, and lose the White House in the process?
To be honest, I think the doctors will learn to milk the government just like they did the insurance companies. Not a big difference there, just more people covered to milk!

Old 12-15-2010, 09:35 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
So, I guess you are also against government provided education, fire services and law enforcement.
guess you dont understand the DIFFERENCE between FEDERAL and STATE and LOCAL

everything you mentioned state and local

end of lesson

Old 12-15-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Don't forget "themselves" because essentially, WE are the government, state, federal and local, we the people, remember, they seem to remember that in other countries. Did you see what the peoples reaction to getting the ss age raised in France? They know the government reflects what the people want.

Is it not our fault we don't know how to WORK it?

Since when did Government become a separate entity in America? The majority of people obviously put our faith in the Republicans this time around, well, what do the Republicans plan to do? Leave a lot of ill and uneducated people out on the street or what? I'd just like to know whats in store here. The majority of Republicans are not rich, or educated, so whats the plan stan? How do they feel they will get along without any change in our health care or educational system? Or, do they think whats going on now is workin?

Old 12-15-2010, 09:41 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
guess you dont understand the DIFFERENCE between FEDERAL and STATE and LOCAL

everything you mentioned state and local

end of lesson
Medicare, Medicaid, VA, social security.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:08 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Why do you rabble rousers always result to this pitiful argument?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies