Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 08:50 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,075,128 times

Advertisements

Geez, the liberals are out to get Boehner for getting a little weepy. If coming from a background of abject poverty to become Speaker of the House is something to be ashamed of I would seriously question your values.

I guess it's more "manly" to be a murderer & drunk like the late Ted Kennedy, a serial cheater like Bill Clinton, a turncoat that lives off rich women like John Kerry or a groper and total nutjob like Al Gore.

I'd trust the weeper anytime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 08:59 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,889 times
He cries for this country, because he has a soul, unlike Nancy that wants to see us all burn.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:02 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Geez, the liberals are out to get Boehner for getting a little weepy. If coming from a background of abject poverty to become Speaker of the House is something to be ashamed of I would seriously question your values.

I guess it's more "manly" to be a murderer & drunk like the late Ted Kennedy, a serial cheater like Bill Clinton, a turncoat that lives off rich women like John Kerry or a groper and total nutjob like Al Gore.

So, growing up in abject poverty explains Boehner's lack of emotional stability? And Boehner does not get a "little weepy" - almost everything reduces him to tears.

As for your last paragraph - way to divert.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post

Maybe you did not read the earlier post where boehner said that he and Ted kennedy were good friends. They probably shared a lot of discussions over alcohol.

When I first started this thread I was not aware of his possible alcohol addiction. If he does have an alcohol problem, which is the rumor, then maybe he should take a leave of absence and get treatment. If he does not have an alcohol problme he is just a Nancy.

Last fall, another blog offered an Onion-style parody describing how "Republican House Minority Leader John Boehner gave an impassioned speech on Wednesday dismissing as false persistent rumors that he is a secret alcoholic. 'I have an illness that precisely mimics the effects of alcoholism,' said the Republican. ... 'This rare illness makes innocent sufferers appear that they are alcoholics when in fact they are not.'"

Old 12-14-2010, 10:51 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I can honestly picture Biden turning to him and saying, "Hey man! Come on! Get a grip!"

Maybe one of the Republicans can get Sharron Angle to slap him and yell, "Man up, John Boehner!"
Yea, "man up!" haha.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:57 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Yea, "man up!" haha.
Anyone seen that TV commercial where the ex Drill Sargeant pyschologist throws the Kleenex box at the blubbering wienie on the couch?
BONER needs a Kleenex box thrown at him...he's a weinie!

Or was he worried the Uber-Wealthy he supports( now that he's NOT poor) won't keep their big tax cut from Bush???

Old 12-14-2010, 11:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Maybe I am old school, but men that cry all of the time are just sad. I mean it is acceptable if a loved one dies or your dog dies, but past that men crying at the drop of a hat is just pathetic. An occasional outburst I guess is fine, but boner is crying all the time.

He cried last night on 60 minutes several times. What is the deal here. Every time I see him on TV he is crying. I thought liberals were the over emotional ones. Boener is just a wussy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufYmnD3fhfk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir1UA...eature=related
I agree he seems to have trouble contolling his emotions and yes, it is a little strange, but I have seen him on TV dozens fo times when he hasn't been crying. Maybe I have just seen him more than you have.

Nita

Old 12-14-2010, 11:01 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Anyone seen that TV commercial where the ex Drill Sargeant pyschologist throws the Kleenex box at the blubbering wienie on the couch?
BONER needs a Kleenex box thrown at him...he's a weinie!

Or was he worried the Uber-Wealthy he support( now that he's NOT poor) won't keep their big tax cut from Bush???
i love that commercial!
boner is a jack wagon hahahhahahaha !!!!

Old 12-14-2010, 11:33 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Liberals who pretend to care about children and other people would have no clue what having a heart is.

This man grew up very poor in a family of 11 kids.

He knows what it is like to be without and deeply cares for kids.

Like it or not, the man cares even though the loons think otherwise.

Unlike Pelosi who has been RICH her entire life, he knows what it is like and WORKED his way to become speaker of the house from nothing.

Just shows with a little hard work, determination and goals you can go from being dirt poor to the speak of the house.

Success like this is something liberals do not understand.

He is a great example of how you can go from the bottom to the top if you just put in the effort and not expect a liberal handout along the way.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:39 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
When I first started this thread I was not aware of his possible alcohol addiction. If he does have an alcohol problem, which is the rumor, then maybe he should take a leave of absence and get treatment. If he does not have an alcohol problme he is just a Nancy.

why would you think he's a "Nancy" if he doesn't have an alcohol problem? i wasn't even sure what a "Nancy" was until i googled it...it's a slang word used to describe an effiminate man or a homosexual.

so, which one are you calling him?? effiminate or a homosexual.

either way, it's a pretty shallow thing to say. i think he's a pretty brave man to show his emotions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies