Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 11:06 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Extending the tax rates doesn't cost a dime.
But not having a war tax for the last 7 years certainly has cost more than a dime I can't consider any thing on
either side a victory when it adds to the deficit.

Neither side seems to get it. If I hear one more speech on the floor about having to pass this on to our children
and grandchildren, and then voting for deficit bills anyways,
I'm going to I don't think any of them should use
the word deficit in any campaign ads, without being
tassed every time they say it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 11:40 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
and threatens to keep the 110th Congress at work destroying America into 2011!

Reid threatens to keep Congress into next year - Washington Times

Senate Democrats on Tuesday unveiled a broad agenda for an end-of-session sprint that, in other years, could be a whole year's worth of activity — ranging from an arms-reduction treaty with Russia to a major immigration bill to overturning the ban on gay troops.

And that's not to mention the nearly 2,000-page, $1.1 trillion massive spending bill Senate Democrats said they'll try to push through. The bill contains hundreds of pork-barrel spending projects and new rules governing everything from airport baggage to detainees at the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

You might want to spend some time doing research, if you had you would know that not all the pork is Demo generated, but I guess partisan thinking does not allow some to see the entire truth only the part they wish to see.
Casper

Old 12-17-2010, 11:45 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You might want to spend some time doing research, if you had you would know that not all the pork is Demo generated, but I guess partisan thinking does not allow some to see the entire truth only the part they wish to see.
Casper

We have already discussed this and a liberal here said that it was filled with 10X rep pork as liberal.

When I called them out to prove that they of course went away. Then came back with a laughing ha ha, Harry Reid pulled a gotcha!

My response was then Harry was playing with the American people if that was the case.

The idea is for Harry to even bring this pork bill to a vote at this time.

Lets put the entire pork on here and divide it into who was getting what, how much and what for. Then we can decide.

Did you and Harry get the idea of why the dems were voted out last month?

Or did you and Harry forget that the dems LOST big time because of the spending, debt and pork over the last 4 years?

If it was so great then why did Dirty Harry drop it?

Old 12-17-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
We have already discussed this and a liberal here said that it was filled with 10X rep pork as liberal.

When I called them out to prove that they of course went away. Then came back with a laughing ha ha, Harry Reid pulled a gotcha!

My response was then Harry was playing with the American people if that was the case.

The idea is for Harry to even bring this pork bill to a vote at this time.

Lets put the entire pork on here and divide it into who was getting what, how much and what for. Then we can decide.

Did you and Harry get the idea of why the dems were voted out last month?

Or did you and Harry forget that the dems LOST big time because of the spending, debt and pork over the last 4 years?

If it was so great then why did Dirty Harry drop it?
oik oik . . . .SPENDING BILL LOADED WITH REPUBLICAN PORK - The NEW Living Room - AOL Message Boards

Digg - Ron Paul Wants Millions for Ear Marks (Pork)
There are just two links I found in less than 10 seconds of research, if you really wanted proof that the Repubs have gone just as spend crazy as the Demos you would have looked it up instead of asking others to do your leg work. FYI, before poopooing the two link sources I provided, the first I heard of the Repub portion of the pork was on FOX. As voters we should keep in mind those from all Parties that say they are against more and more spending and then do the opposite.
Casper

Old 12-17-2010, 04:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
oik oik . . . .SPENDING BILL LOADED WITH REPUBLICAN PORK - The NEW Living Room - AOL Message Boards

Digg - Ron Paul Wants Millions for Ear Marks (Pork)
There are just two links I found in less than 10 seconds of research, if you really wanted proof that the Repubs have gone just as spend crazy as the Demos you would have looked it up instead of asking others to do your leg work. FYI, before poopooing the two link sources I provided, the first I heard of the Repub portion of the pork was on FOX. As voters we should keep in mind those from all Parties that say they are against more and more spending and then do the opposite.
Casper
99% of the pork in the bill is on the democrat's side.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
99% of the pork in the bill is on the democrat's side.
If that is what you Want to believe go for it, the reality has no relationship to the number you listed. Try doing more research.
Casper

Old 12-20-2010, 11:39 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
Just a little trivial fact about the deficit number; (with regard to how much congress spends)

If you started to count from 1 to 3,000,000,000,000.00 at the age of 5 years old you will die of old age before you get half way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies