Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 09:57 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times

Advertisements

Further clarification, since I can't edit my last post:

Yes, we may have a spending problem, and we will have to spend less. But needlessly compounding a spending problem with an income reduction problem is counterproductive and further widens the deficit gap. If you're going to reduce income in the short term, you'd better make damn sure that it's necessary and that it produces a good return on investment down the road.

The Republicans have just done their part to **** away billions and needlessly add to the deficit...probably, as has been stated, to set the foundation for their next argument: the elimination of all programs like medicare, social security, unemployment insurance, education. It's called throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Obama mat have spent too much...now these clowns will go way too far the other way. Moderation does not exist in this country's politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 10:02 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Please then liberals, call your elected reps and urge them to put a tax hike on ALL Americans and withhold UE benefits. The GOP, trying not to be the party of "NO" compromised in good faith with Obama. They should not have done it. Vote against this further deficit spending put into the bill by the Democrats you neo-deficit hawks and let the GOP re-write this bill January 5th without compromise. You know, a bill that actually reduces spending.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:08 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
...in the form of a tax deal that will add $800B to the deficit?

A deal that they insist on making as incrementally expensive as possible by throwing away money on non-stimulative tax cuts for some of the wealthiest people on Earth who need them the least and will spend the smallest portion of them?

Riddle me that... I love it!!! You can't make up this kind of comedy.

I mean, you'd expect this sort of thing from the evil Democrats, right... But Republicans?? What happened, guys?
What happened is that the GOP is now responding as they've been instructed by their corporate masters.

Those same corporate masters have a hold on the Democrats, too. Don't fool yourselves.

Corporate interests own America. Those of us who aren't big stockholders have almost no input. And the moneybags run campaigns to manufacture support for their pet projects.

Do any of you think these recent "tea party" initiatives to restrict voting to property owners only and reverting back to senators by appointment are populist concepts arising from the rank and file tea partiers?

Old 12-15-2010, 10:11 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Please then liberals, call your elected reps and urge them to put a tax hike on ALL Americans and withhold UE benefits. The GOP, trying not to be the party of "NO" compromised in good faith with Obama. They should not have done it. Vote against this further deficit spending put into the bill by the Democrats you neo-deficit hawks and let the GOP re-write this bill January 5th without compromise. You know, a bill that actually reduces spending.
Yep, that's the place to start all right, UI. Let's have a lot of hungry people losing their home in the winter. Sounds good to me, NOT!

Old 12-15-2010, 10:32 AM

613 posts, read 960,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
What happened is that the GOP is now responding as they've been instructed by their corporate masters.

Those same corporate masters have a hold on the Democrats, too. Don't fool yourselves.

Corporate interests own America. Those of us who aren't big stockholders have almost no input. And the moneybags run campaigns to manufacture support for their pet projects.

Do any of you think these recent "tea party" initiatives to restrict voting to property owners only and reverting back to senators by appointment are populist concepts arising from the rank and file tea partiers?
Very true and you and I are not the only one's who caught onto it. Anybody see the vid yesterday of Clay Duke in the Panama City Fl, school board meeting shooting, here's his comments on his facebook page, scary:

A biography on Duke's Facebook page reads: "My Testament: Some people (the government sponsored media) will say I was evil, a monster (V)... no... I was just born poor in a country where the Wealthy manipulate, use, abuse, and economically enslave 95% of the population. Rich Republicans, Rich Democrats... same-same... rich... they take turns fleecing us... our few dollars... pyramiding the wealth for themselves. The 95%... the us, in US of A, are the neo slaves of the Global South. Our Masters, the Wealthy, do, as they like to us..."

This is only the beginning. If DC continues to play games with people's unemployment and welfare benefits, watch what happens, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:39 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
That the hypocrite right for you. "NO SPENDING!" (except on our filthy rich cronies) but besides that "NO SPENDING!"

Old 12-15-2010, 10:43 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
For a group of people who claim to be intellectually superior to others liberals and Democrats continue to prove that they're the most ignorant human beings on the planet when it comes to money and budgeting. My dogs know more about handling money than most Democrats do apparently.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:44 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
...in the form of a tax deal that will add $800B to the deficit?

A deal that they insist on making as incrementally expensive as possible by throwing away money on non-stimulative tax cuts for some of the wealthiest people on Earth who need them the least and will spend the smallest portion of them?

Riddle me that... I love it!!! You can't make up this kind of comedy.

I mean, you'd expect this sort of thing from the evil Democrats, right... But Republicans?? What happened, guys?
Wanna make a bet that it'll stimulate the economy more than that $750 B that Skippy spent a couple years ago?

Old 12-15-2010, 01:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Wanna make a bet that it'll stimulate the economy more than that $750 B that Skippy spent a couple years ago?
No. Why would that be?

Old 12-15-2010, 01:51 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
With this $860 bil package, at least we will get $700 bil toward stimulating the economy, the $150 bil payoff will, of course, go directly to the pockets of the select few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies