Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 08:45 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
You can find anything on the internet...

How to become a wizard - Google Search

Does THIS mean we need to worry about wizards more than ever before?

Your homeless link isn't a sign of anything.
Awesome! I want to do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know, didn't one win the Repub Senate prmary in Del? Oh no, that was a witch, my bad. Maybe there are instructions on how to do that.
I once crashed my computer clicking on a wiccan website. Never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Wha...?

You think the OP is proposing that we "Adopt a Homeless Person"

???

I didn't get that impression.....
Not likely.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
YES! That IS good that even AMERICAN homeless people can use a PUBLIC library to keep in contact with friends, look for jobs, shelter, food...or just keep warm....what a country !

What do you propose? Banning them????
I have no thoughts on what to do, just getting opinions on this.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:48 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I have no thoughts on what to do, just getting opinions on this.
What to do about what?

The PUBLIC can use the PUBLIC library....you find controversy in that?????? (and it is NOT an opinion)

Old 12-15-2010, 01:57 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
What to do about what?

The PUBLIC can use the PUBLIC library....you find controversy in that?????? (and it is NOT an opinion)
This is what you seriously think they want to discuss? Holy mackerel Andy.. Really????

Old 12-15-2010, 02:14 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
So? The homeless can also use the public library for job searching. Should we take that away from them too?

Old 12-15-2010, 03:03 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
The more information the homeless get the better. The governments also give out cell phones to the homeless. When I volunteer at the Lord's Diner where they feed one hot meal a day to the homeless they all have cell phones with free service.

I am just wondering how much of this is really helping instead of making sure people who create jobs are helped as well. I would rather learn where to find a good job instead of getting info how to be a good homeless person. Info on where I can sleep behind a building so the police won't see me or what trash cans are the best to find food.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:52 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I think it's a sign that people are a bit fearful. And creating stuff like this just adds to it.
No, people are being left homeless in greater numbers and the kind of advise given is good. Been there and learned to appreciate the dollar store. Being able to maintain your personal appearence is very important and the tips are excellent bits of advise.

I think it is a sign that things are not as good as the PR types will tell you and you should count yourself lucky you are not in need of them.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:08 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The more information the homeless get the better. The governments also give out cell phones to the homeless. When I volunteer at the Lord's Diner where they feed one hot meal a day to the homeless they all have cell phones with free service.

I am just wondering how much of this is really helping instead of making sure people who create jobs are helped as well. I would rather learn where to find a good job instead of getting info how to be a good homeless person. Info on where I can sleep behind a building so the police won't see me or what trash cans are the best to find food.

HOW do YOU know that's the information they're looking up?

WHY do YOU think it isn't necessary?

YOU REALLY think that they should stay in the library until they find a job???

Sorry but usually a libary only gives you an hour of computer time if they're busy and they do NOT let you stay there 24 hours....or until you find a "good" job...

Maybe instead of volunteering to serve meals you should go sit down and talk to these PEOPLE and find out some FACTS OF LIFE ON THE STREET....

One of which is that you have to SURVIVE to find a job...OMG!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:14 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
No, people are being left homeless in greater numbers and the kind of advise given is good. Been there and learned to appreciate the dollar store. Being able to maintain your personal appearence is very important and the tips are excellent bits of advise.

I think it is a sign that things are not as good as the PR types will tell you and you should count yourself lucky you are not in need of them.
It sounds like a LOT of people are clueless about the dangers on the street to the homeless, based on reading some of the posts here on CD. I agree, I, too, think it's a sign that things are not as good and many people deceive themselves into believing. I've never lived on the street or been homeless, yet I would think that sleeping in homeless shelters or on the streets could be quite dangerous, so all the advice one could get would be a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies