Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 09:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The Dept. Of Defense and the Director of National Intelligence, including the Central Intelligence Agency, The Secretary's of Defense and State, the President, Vice President, and almost every Republican in Congress and the Senate, CONFIRMED by their votes in authorization for war and proven by their press statements regarding Saddam Hussein, all said that Saddam was either working on, or possessed, WMD.

I said they were all full of it. I was right. You should listen to me and not to propaganda. By now all the offices listed have little credibility, and as the occupations continue, all of their credibility continues to be eroded even further.

Soon the mainstream media could even take on more of the propaganda pushed onto the American public like FOX News currently produces. One must be able to read between the lines in respect to a media that is increasingly controlled by fewer and fewer people.
News flash.. the reports that WMD's came out in 2006.. Have anything a little more current? Again, whats your security clearance ranking that you think you have more information than the UN, the Department of Defense, or the Director of National Intelligence...

Old 12-16-2010, 09:34 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
In respect to WMD's, their claims are propaganda, the same kind they broadcast prior to us invading and occupying a sovereign nation
Interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENAV_UoIfgc

Old 12-16-2010, 10:48 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No surprise here. It's on display daily here at the CD political forum.

» Warning: ‘Greater Exposure’ To Fox News Will Lead To ‘Increased Misinformation’ On Policy Issues

Actual survey.

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pi..._Dec10_rpt.pdf

this data coincides with results of previous surveys finding that Fox News viewers are more misinformed about public policy issues. An NBC/Wall Street Journal poll out last year found that Fox News viewers were overwhelmingly misinformed about health care reform proposals. A 2008 Pew study ranked Fox News last in the number of “high knowledge” viewers and a 2007 Pew poll ranked Fox viewers as the least knowledgable about national and international affairs. And a 2003 study from the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland found that Fox News viewers were most likely to believe that Saddam Hussien had links to Al-Qaeda, that coalition troops found WMD in Iraq, and that world public opinion supported President Bush’s decision to invade Iraq.

"WPO said that voter misinformation contained beliefs about current issues such as TARP, the Recovery Act, health care reform, the economy, and climate change that were “at odds with the conclusions of government agencies, generally regarded as non-partisan, consisting of professional economists and scientists.”

So?

The government gets to decide what is or is not true?

WPO is made possible by the generous support of:

Rockefeller Foundation
Rockefeller Brothers Fund
Tides Foundation
Ford Foundation
German Marshall Fund of the United States
Compton Foundation
Carnegie Corporation
Benton Foundation
Ben and Jerry's Foundation
University of Maryland Foundation
Circle Foundation
JEHT Foundation
Stanley Foundation
Ploughshares Fund
Calvert Foundation
Secure World Foundation
Oak Foundation
United States Institute of Peace

World Public Opinion=

Maybe you should stick to getting your leftist propoganda from Huff & Puff.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No surprise here. It's on display daily here at the CD political forum.

» Warning: ‘Greater Exposure’ To Fox News Will Lead To ‘Increased Misinformation’ On Policy Issues

Actual survey.

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pi..._Dec10_rpt.pdf

this data coincides with results of previous surveys finding that Fox News viewers are more misinformed about public policy issues. An NBC/Wall Street Journal poll out last year found that Fox News viewers were overwhelmingly misinformed about health care reform proposals. A 2008 Pew study ranked Fox News last in the number of “high knowledge” viewers and a 2007 Pew poll ranked Fox viewers as the least knowledgable about national and international affairs. And a 2003 study from the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland found that Fox News viewers were most likely to believe that Saddam Hussien had links to Al-Qaeda, that coalition troops found WMD in Iraq, and that world public opinion supported President Bush’s decision to invade Iraq.
ThinkProgress and that idiot from MSNBC in one link. I didn't bother to read your link when I saw Think Progress. That bunch just happens to be one of the Soros group like Media Matters that is supposed to destroy Fox by any means possible

Old 12-16-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Not surprising, fox caters to the ignorant. The fools eat it up and never question it's factual integrity.
I am an ignorant because I listen to Fox all day? Is that right? OK, how much do you listen to them? I know where you get your information about what they say and it isn't from them.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Now Rupie owns the Wall Street Journal as well. That rich Aussie sure knows how to play American rubes, I gotta hand it to him and his crew.
I just got called ignorant for listening to Fox all day and you come on calling me a rube. Might as well throw in hick as someone did yesterday.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Not according to the CIA

CIA’s final report: No WMD found in Iraq

WASHINGTON — In his final word, the CIA’s top weapons inspector in Iraq said Monday that the hunt for weapons of mass destruction has “gone as far as feasible” and has found nothing, closing an investigation into the purported programs of Saddam Hussein that were used to justify the 2003 invasion.

CIA

"The CIA said Saddam had an "active" program for "R&D, production and weaponization" for biological agents such as anthrax."

Iraqi diplomat gave U.S. prewar WMD details - Nightly News - NBC News Investigates - msnbc.com

Old 12-16-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
So you think:

A) WMD's were found in Iraq.
B) You will "go to jail" if you don't pay a "healthcare tax"?

Okay, I'm gonna guess you are a devoted FOX News watcher.

How much you wanna bet I'm right?
I would bet with you but you just called me a rube after another in this thread called me ignorant. Nope, I might not understand your rules.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
ThinkProgress and that idiot from MSNBC in one link. I didn't bother to read your link when I saw Think Progress. That bunch just happens to be one of the Soros group like Media Matters that is supposed to destroy Fox by any means possible

Actually, WPO (the sourae of the survey) is funded by the Tides Foundation.

WPO is made possible by the generous support of:
Rockefeller Foundation
Rockefeller Brothers Fund
Tides Foundation
Ford Foundation
German Marshall Fund of the United States
Compton Foundation
Carnegie Corporation
Benton Foundation
Ben and Jerry's Foundation
University of Maryland Foundation
Circle Foundation
JEHT Foundation
Stanley Foundation
Ploughshares Fund
Calvert Foundation
Secure World Foundation
Oak Foundation
United States Institute of Peace

Old 12-17-2010, 07:43 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Am I correct in discerning from your post that you are defending a news organization? Is there something in it for you? Wouldn't the truth be a better recipient of your support?

I want the truth. Just gimme some truth. Fox News of fers so little in between its cheesy fillers that an intelligent person, one who is seeking out the truth, should look elsewhere. In my search for the truth, I've come across perhaps a hundred items showing where Fox has distorted the news. When I read that they added applause for the candidates and issues they supported into their presentation of the Presidential debates, I knew it was important to avoid Fox at all costs. Even if that decision keeps some tidbits of truth from me, I'm willing to take that risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies