Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 04:28 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,605,145 times

Advertisements

It's too bad we don't have a truly free market, or we would have already recovered from the recession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 04:38 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie;
Did you even read what I do every day? Have been since November 5th. 10+ hours a day, 6 days a week. 12 days straight for the last 'two weeks'. Already in progress. BELL RINGING FOR Salvation Army.It's freaking cold up here now and I absolutely love everyday because I know how much they help the community and other places....:
I had no idea what what you do on any given day. But I must say I truly admire your unselfish efforts with the SA. That is truly giving of one's self.

I just thought the idea of sending a bunch of letters to Wall Street was a rediculous, feel good effort, hence the jab at what I believe to be arm chair progressive warriors. Nothing more.

Again, bless you for your giving to others your time and presence.

On that note, I'm off to other threads.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:45 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
It's too bad we don't have a truly free market, or we would have already recovered from the recession.
If we had a properly regulated market we wouldn't have anything to recover from. They would have failed on their own dime.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Well doc1, as per usual, faux conservatives have their own special brand of dumping on anything people try. Congrats. Your politics stole from kids. Now you get to feel extra special throwing shoes at them. 1st class heel award.
To add = all those charitable donations? dont waste them on the poor, give as much money as you can to the rich so they can create more jobs so the poor and unemployed can get back to work.Isnt that the logic the repubs would have us believe?

Old 12-17-2010, 05:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Send those letters to wall street in bales. All of them.
waaa.. waaa.. hey harborlady, where do you think they'd end up when people go shopping? Money
Quote:
Well doc1, as per usual, faux conservatives have their own special brand of dumping on anything people try. Congrats. Your politics stole from kids. Now you get to feel extra special throwing shoes at them. 1st class heel award.
blah blah blah..meaningless babble with no facts as usual.
Quote:
If we had a properly regulated market we wouldn't have anything to recover from. They would have failed on their own dime.
They failed BECAUSE of government, not in spite of them

Old 12-17-2010, 05:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
To add = all those charitable donations? dont waste them on the poor, give as much money as you can to the rich so they can create more jobs so the poor and unemployed can get back to work.Isnt that the logic the repubs would have us believe?
No one is giving money to the rich.. failed liberal logic as usual. if you cant get this basic fact right, then everything else you say FAILS...

Old 12-17-2010, 06:44 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Kids should NOT have to write letters such as these to Santa at Christmas time. They should be able to be kids instead of little grown-ups. Thousands of letters, all over our country, flooding the post offices, from children not asking for toys and things that make Christmas fun, but asking for clothes, shoes and other items of necessity that shouldn't be a concern. Letters from parents to Santa as well. My guess, in hopes that someone will take notice and do something for all of us instead of just the top 5%.
Anyway, some may have seen this on the news already as it was posted 12 hours ago. (I work a lot right now) But I felt the need to thread it anyway.
While everyone (childish adults) is complaining about Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas because of stupidity, the children are suffering through what is supposed to be a fun time for them. Go America.

Letters to Santa: A Sign of Tough Times (http://news.yahoo.com/video/business-15749628/letters-to-santa-a-sign-of-tough-times-23526815 - broken link)

And yes, I saw the BS bill that the House passed. Big business (in bed with our government) still gets there tax breaks at the expense of the rest of all the (former) hard working Americans and their families. While they're the ones (moaning and groaning) that put our country in the shape we're experiencing. I hope all you greedy, selfish, self serving, uncaring few are happy with yourselves. It's times like these that make me very pleased at my decision to not have kids. Somewhere, way back, when I made that decision I must have known (beyond the cruelty of people) that some BS times, such as these, were coming.

It's hard to stand out in the cold ass weather up here, being successfully jovial making (most) people smile, with my silly hat, joking and singing Christmas songs (which I do quite well I've been told) bell ringing for the SA knowing of all the hardships happening in this once proud country.

'We' have a long way to go before things shape up in America.

My Christmas Holiday wish is that we all learn to someday help one another, not judge along with a big dose of mutual respect so economies such as we are experiencing do not repeat themselves. I'm mighty damn sure the word is... Appreciation.

Seriously, on a final note, please help someone you know or don't know have a good Holiday Season.
So how big was YOUR check made out to charities that help children, families to pay their bills, and the US Treasury to help with the deficit? Or are all those things supposed to be paid with other people's money?

Can you explain exactly how the wealthiest are getting a break at the expense of everyone else?

Old 12-17-2010, 07:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No one is giving money to the rich.. failed liberal logic as usual. if you cant get this basic fact right, then everything else you say FAILS...
The repubs want only two things Tax cuts for the rich and an end to Obama..
Basic facts

Old 12-17-2010, 07:41 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Did you even read what I do every day? Have been since November 5th. 10+ hours a day, 6 days a week. 12 days straight for the last 'two weeks'. Already in progress. BELL RINGING FOR Salvation Army.It's freaking cold up here now and I absolutely love everyday because I know how much they help the community and other places.

So don't eat Cheetos, stay away from the PC and don't speak up for what one believes in? Are you serious?
Do you volunteer or, are you being paid???

Old 12-17-2010, 07:52 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Seriously, on a final note, please help someone you know or don't know have a good Holiday Season.
I always do, each and every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies