Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:18 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Really Mr. Obama, stop with your "Now i'm going to focus on jobs". You have been saying that for at least 2 years....I thought that was your focus and thats what you were going to do....but NOW your focused....HA HA...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 10:19 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Same old, same old;

12-09-2009;

Obama puts renewed focus on job creation - USATODAY.com

Quote:
Obama puts renewed focus on job creation
What did he do for a year? Ignored the job situation and focused like fly on dung to the unconstitutional obamacare.

1-21-2010;

Obama to focus hard on economy after Democratic loss - CNN

Quote:
Obama to focus hard on economy after Democratic loss
As we watched to UE rate tick up close to 10%.

And now - more of the same rhetoric;

12-22-2010;

Obama pledges economic focus during next 2 years - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101222/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_economy - broken link)

Quote:
Obama pledges economic focus during next 2 years

Old 12-23-2010, 10:20 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Really Mr. Obama, stop with your "Now i'm going to focus on jobs". You have been saying that for at least 2 years....I thought that was your focus and thats what you were going to do....but NOW your focused....HA HA...
He changed his speach. This time he omitted, "like a laser".

Old 12-23-2010, 10:22 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If you really want to get everyone working then you have to size an economic stimulus package to do the job. And you have to apply the economic stimulus where it is needed.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:26 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

As we watched to UE rate tick up close to 10%.
The real rate is more like 25% at least over 20% The numbers that are released have been adjusted down every month for a long time. And the amount of money spent on unemployment is far higher than the claimed unemployment rate.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:32 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
He seems more focused on golf and vacations. A warning to Hawaii: Terrible weather always follows the President around.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:46 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
There will be a few jobs.

Obama wanted to be the "enemy" of business and the result is many will not invest.

Obamacare is stopping many from hiring.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Default How many times is Obama going to say jobs are his main focus?

I'd seriously like to know?

The tax extension is only going to help a very few.

Who is going to take out a 5 year note on an investment and in 2 years they don't know the future? They are not going to take out the 5 year note, to invest in their business, that's what.

You have banks scared to lend as they don't know their futures, with no incentive to invest in anything.

You have illegal aliens doing many jobs I love to do, because they can be abused and it is still better then nothing or going back to where they came from and struggle to make $8 a day.

The jobs the estimated 12 million illegals are here doing, are jobs Americans once did and took enormous pride in doing it.

Then you have all our manufacturing gone. Vanished in the past 10 years, as trade tariffs were dropped completely with 3rd world nations. Free trade is not equal trade. Don't be fooled!!!!

2 years and every speech is... " my main concern is jobs" then he and congress create or shore up government workers, Federal, State and local.

Then you have these pension plans sucking capital from the economy. Creating less monetary investment to work with in the private sector, where our economy is run and driven.

If jobs come back at all, it will not be anything the Democratic controlled congress, senate or the prez did.

The economy rebounded out of the recession, before any of the 800 billion stimulus was spent.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:32 AM

49 posts, read 25,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'd seriously like to know?

The tax extension is only going to help a very few.

Who is going to take out a 5 year note on an investment and in 2 years they don't know the future? They are not going to take out the 5 year note, to invest in their business, that's what.

You have banks scared to lend as they don't know their futures, with no incentive to invest in anything.

You have illegal aliens doing many jobs I love to do, because they can be abused and it is still better then nothing or going back to where they came from and struggle to make $8 a day.

The jobs the estimated 12 million illegals are here doing, are jobs Americans once did and took enormous pride in doing it.

Then you have all our manufacturing gone. Vanished in the past 10 years, as trade tariffs were dropped completely with 3rd world nations. Free trade is not equal trade. Don't be fooled!!!!

2 years and every speech is... " my main concern is jobs" then he and congress create or shore up government workers, Federal, State and local.

Then you have these pension plans sucking capital from the economy. Creating less monetary investment to work with in the private sector, where our economy is run and driven.

If jobs come back at all, it will not be anything the Democratic controlled congress, senate or the prez did.

The economy rebounded out of the recession, before any of the 800 billion stimulus was spent.
"Jobs" IS his main focus - destroying/preventing them, that is!!!!!!

Old 12-23-2010, 11:32 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
He is a typical politicain who lies through his teeth to get what he wants. He is not concerned about jobs, at least in the private sector. The Progressive/Communist manifesto doesn't contain jobs and prosperity, it only contains planks that gain them complete control over your lives. Jobs in the private sector are the antithesis to that ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies