Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 10:07 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,753 times

Advertisements

Are they using our taxpayer funds to push their agenda again? Seems so. Guess They don't want any of the negative stuff coming up when people do searches for Obamacare.

Obama Administration Purchases Google ‘ObamaCare’ Search Results | The Blaze
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 10:32 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Wow! Google should know better than to participate in this, But yet again one of the founders are working in the White House now!

Old 12-18-2010, 12:28 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Think i won't be using Google, thanks.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:25 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Information wars: You either fight back or you're submerged in lies.

What would you do?

Old 12-18-2010, 03:37 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Information wars: You either fight back or you're submerged in lies.

What would you do?
Let the govt decide what the truth is and stifle those that lie against The People's Mandate, of course.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:44 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Let the govt decide what the truth is and stifle those that lie against The People's Mandate, of course.
Nobody's stifling anything. You're still free to find anything you like on the internet. All they're finally doing is fighting back against the lies, half truths and distortions.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:49 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
Are they using our taxpayer funds to push their agenda again? Seems so. Guess They don't want any of the negative stuff coming up when people do searches for Obamacare.

Another of Beck's lies? Have you googled Obamacare? I did...You should try it before believing what is posted on Beck's internet rag.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:49 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
If you read carefully, to the right, it says "ADS". It's also shaded in light blue, while search engine results are below in white.

It does require however, being able to actively ascertain what's being presented, which may be more than some people can handle.

As for half truths, lies and distortions, I think it goes both ways. The real kicker is the ilegal demand that people are forced to purchase something. The federal government has never had the right to force a private citizen to purchase ANYTHING. Now, don't go on about car insurance. that's different. It's a state requirement, for the privilege of owning AND driving a car. if you don't own AND drive a car, then you don't need the insurance. If you get a federally backed loan on a home in a fload zone, you are required to get flood insurance. Again, a mandate conditional upon an action, not just because you exist.

Obama care has some good ideas, one simply needs to get out the bad ones. repeal it and start fresh with something that benefits us.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:51 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post

You know, for about the last 8 years I have used Google to search news and the web. I even teach a beginners class to older adults on Internet searching (web, news, images, video) using Google but lately I have been going to other search engines to find news that I know I have read before because I can't find it on Google News. I also subscribe to Google Alerts (used to be called News Alerts) and don't understand some of the ones they select to send to me over others. You know if "Glenn Beck" is my Google Alert search term why are 99% of the links they send me negative ones.

Isn't it true, though, that when they pay for a higher ranking than other websites (not talking about news, now, just the web), it has to be shown in a shaded box at the top so you know it was paid for? The answer is "Yes." Anybody can buy that advertising so that the government is doing it, like any other business, doesn't seem out of whack to me. The odd thing to me isn't that the government is paying for a more visible position but that they themselves are acknowledging that crapfest of a law is "Obamacare."

Old 12-18-2010, 04:16 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
If ANYONE even thinks the O administration 'BOUGHT' this - as in 'paid for' - then I have a bridge to sell you.

WE as taxpayers pay for everything in government and have the least say in anything.

O and Google are not just in bed together, they're fornicating America - together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies