Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2010, 09:16 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times

Advertisements

I'm glad its been repealed. What some Senators and people are saying now are EXACTLY what was said when we integrated the armed forces.

10 years from now we'll look back and ask why this wasn't done sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 09:18 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm glad its been repealed. What some Senators and people are saying now are EXACTLY what was said when we integrated the armed forces.

10 years from now we'll look back and ask why this wasn't done sooner.
10 years from now, we won't care. Most of the planet will be dead.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:21 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
10 years from now, we won't care. Most of the planet will be dead.
Either way, why worry about it now?

I'll be fine I hope. I'm semi-survivalist. I'm building my own wind generator right now.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:29 AM

30,306 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Time will tell. I am just not as optimistic. I spent time in both army rotc, and in u.s. submarine forces. While I would like to see it all go smoothly, the pessimist in me says things are going to get much uglier before they get better.
Well, that does seem to be how civil rights issues progress... but if we avoided the "storm" we'd never get to see the rainbow, no pun intended.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:56 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
...Deciding to have sex with the same sex is a choice.
Got any studies or other evidence to back this assertion up? At what age did you *choose* to be attracted to the opposite sex?

Old 12-19-2010, 09:57 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Good post and true.

Read in the paper yesterday....Between 2002 and 2008, 66,342 female veterans report sexual assault BY their STRAIGHT "band of brothers".

And gays in the military is an issue????

Can we ban rapists??? or do repugs support them???
Are you suggesting these people aren't prosecuted? It gets a little old when the barage is always how evil soldiers are. It's as if people think they get away with these crimes. They are people just like the general population and you will find good and bad.

Can we ban rapists? Duh, how about the laws against rape. The rest of that comment shows the repeated level of intellegence.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Got any studies or other evidence to back this assertion up? At what age did you *choose* to be attracted to the opposite sex?
I'm attracted to both sexes, i choose to have sex with only one of them.

One person. Opposite sex.

It's a choice.

Skin color? Not so much a choice. That is why the comparison is stupid.

Unless your saying that gays can't control themselves. Then that would be an interesting study to read.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:25 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,491 times
Quote:
I'm attracted to both sexes, i choose to have sex with only one of them.

One person. Opposite sex.

It's a choice.

Skin color? Not so much a choice. That is why the comparison is stupid.

Unless your saying that gays can't control themselves. Then that would be an interesting study to read.
Comparison sucks.

Being gay and being a certain ethnicity are both states Being homosexual is not caused by the act of having homosexual sex. Previously, you could get kicked out if you were discovered to be a homosexual, you didn't even have to have committed a homosexual act.

A person attracted to the same sex is homosexual, regardless of whether they have acted upon it. A person attracted to both sexes is bisexual, regardless of whether they have acted upon it.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Comparison sucks.

Being gay and being a certain ethnicity are both states Being homosexual is not caused by the act of having homosexual sex. Previously, you could get kicked out if you were discovered to be a homosexual, you didn't even have to have committed a homosexual act.

A person attracted to the same sex is homosexual, regardless of whether they have acted upon it. A person attracted to both sexes is bisexual, regardless of whether they have acted upon it.

If there is no sex, then there is no homo-sex. Attraction is variable.

It is not necessarily sexual attraction. It could be emotional or otherwise.

I can love my brother, but i don't have sex with him.

Homosexual is a term based on sexual preference, not inspirational, emotional, or physical. I can see someone of the same sex as attractive, and not have any sexual desire what so ever.

There is a huge difference between a colored and a gay. Not anything to compare.

We agree Comparisons suck.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:37 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,343,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Are you suggesting these people aren't prosecuted?
Less then 8% of the cases are investigated (from 2005 figures) with 80% of those convicted honorably discharged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies