Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 07:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
Like it or leave it. Come up with something else.
I have never had any trouble obtaining care and it has always been of the highest quality. Everything from getting an appointment at a clinic the day I call to top notch heart by pass surgery the day after I entered the heart hospital after my heart attack. That place was one of the cleanest places I have ever been and I don't want to go to Europe where they have to ration that kind of care.

Now, are you going or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 07:41 PM

565 posts, read 485,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Yes, according to liberals the US healthcare stinks and Europe's is vastly surperior.

That's why most foreign nationals travel to the US for our superior specialized surgery and Europeans have to wait weeks or months for general care by their mediocre health professionals.
Stop dreaming, everything you hear on the radio does not translate into reality. Switzerland for example, is the place where most wealthy people around the world go for treatment.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:42 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Like it or leave it. Come up with something else.
Those with no clue have no other option. They're stumped. Probably angry as well.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:44 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Yes, according to liberals the US healthcare stinks and Europe's is vastly surperior.

That's why most foreign nationals travel to the US for our superior specialized surgery and Europeans have to wait weeks or months for general care by their mediocre health professionals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
THEY tell this story the same way every time but never manage to get on any real truth about how bad it really is.
Funny thing you 2 should know. My girlfriend who is British, told me that there was a very popular show in TV over there that made a joke that most people agree with. It went, "If you think you'll be ill in six weeks time, why not book an appointment today?" My girlfriend contracted tonsillitis and she has to wait a few weeks before the doctor could see her.

Quote:
Eastern Germany. We are in 2010. Update you clock.
They LIVE in eastern Germany still. Open your eyes. They never left the country and health care is still expensive as hell over there.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I lived in Germany for many years. Obviously, you have no clue.
Where are the long waiting lines? And vastly inferior technology and equipment. I work in a hospital. My position is non-clinical, but I have a chane to see what goes on. In the ED much of the equipment used have little plates that read Made In Germany.
Try to do some research of your own.
The Germans hear horror stories about the failures of America's healtcare system, that people without money get get needed treatment, and those who go deep into debt for healthcare.
Deep into debt for the equipment, but do they get the care or are they just allowed to die?

Who cares where the equipment was made? Most of the equipment that I saw in the heart hospital had stamps that read made in the USA. Nice try, though.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have never had any trouble obtaining care and it has always been of the highest quality. Everything from getting an appointment at a clinic the day I call to top notch heart by pass surgery the day after I entered the heart hospital after my heart attack. That place was one of the cleanest places I have ever been and I don't want to go to Europe where they have to ration that kind of care.

Now, are you going or not?
I am glad you got good treatment but you are only one individual in the all society. One of the cleanest place you have ever been, where did you roam before, I am talking about Europe. European countries do not ration healthcare, the US does.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:50 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I don't like Europe's healthcare system because I feel that it is important that the poor be punished.
Yes, I totally agree. We must eradicate the poor from the earth (just like Boston has succeeded in doing).

Old 12-18-2010, 07:55 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Over here, you don't hear stories like the NHS hospitals being infested with MRSA and being unsanitary (except the government run VA hospitals) nor like in eastern Germany where the price of health care is gouging. My sources are people I actually know in real life that live in the UK and Germany
You know that it really doesn't hurt to tell the truth once in awhile.

Each year in the United States, MRSA accounts for about 90,000 serious infections and 18,000 deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In 2007, nearly five percent of people in U.S. health care facilities were infected with MRSA.

Germany has some of the finest medical care in the world. Their health care is on par with and sometimes better than healthcare in the U.S. There are plenty of modern hospitals, clinics, doctor’s offices, pharmacies, and dentists throughout Germany. Even rural areas have easy access to medical care.

Germany’s health care costs can be expensive if paid for out of pocket, for procedures not covered, such as cosmetic surgery.

The problem with health care in the US is the cost, and I can't see it ever being priced reasonably as long as you have insurance companies taking profits.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:02 PM

7,528 posts, read 11,363,895 times
Quote:
Over there, you never worry about lack of coverage, no mother for a split second doubts that her child will get the best care there is, there is no spending limit, no preexisting condition, no ninety nine different plans.

If people over here only knew.
Which European health care system are we talking about? The French,UK and Swiss have different types of health care systems with varying results.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Germany has some of the finest medical care in the world. Their health care is on par with and sometimes better than healthcare in the U.S..
And that, for everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies