Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2010, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,165 times

Advertisements

As many of you know and as been shown on 60 Minutes and many other mainstream documentaries, the Feres Doctrine "protects" the US Government from being sued for things like medical malpractice. The most recent unfortunate case being Moderator cut: name deleted and going all the way back to the time when an airman complained of stomach pains after surgery - only to find out that a 7-inch surgical towel with “Property of US Air Force” written on it was found inside of him after they sewed him back up. Be aware that Feres also protects the US military from legal malpractice.

I spent $15,000 to take this to federal court so I consider this public information while the entire case is presented on Justia. While I was on active duty with the US Army, I was threatened by a US Army lawyer named Moderator cut: name deleted to do something which was contrary to the US Army legal regulations (which I did not know at the time but he did). Moderator cut: name deleted motive was to tout this as his first accomplishment on his annual performance report of which I later got a copy. This threat resulted in my losing over $50,000 of my personal funds.

When I asked the top lawyer (Moderator cut: name deleted) for assistance, the first thing they did was appoint Moderator cut: name deleted previous boss and a very obvious friend to “investigate.” Since there was no wrongdoing found as a result of this faux investigation but specifics were protected by the Privacy Act , I filed the same complaint with Moderator cut: name deleted Oregon State Bar which is NOT PROTECTED under privacy laws. Evidence showed that Moderator cut: name deleted lied no less than 10 times to his Oregon State Bar.

It was all thrown out of federal court due to Feres although I had a slam-dunk case with all evidence in my favor. Just to add insult to my financial injury, Moderator cut: name deleted got promoted to Major. So if any reader thinks that Feres is only for medical malpractice, do not waste your money doing what I did - anything that happened to you on active duty will get you nowhere in federal court.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-19-2010 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: Please do not name private individuals without their permission
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 04:03 AM

16 posts, read 32,644 times
Medical negligence could be defined as a failure to exercise reasonable skill and care in diagnosis and treatment as per the prevalent standards at that particular point of time. So you would have right to sue for damages. There are certain experienced solicitors who can review your case free of cost and charge you only after winning the case.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
All bureaucrats will act to protect the organization and its members before any consideration of responsibility or justice. POWER BEGATS CORRUPTION PROTECTS POWER. I have no idea what you can do to obtain justice.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:58 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
All bureaucrats will act to protect the organization and its members before any consideration of responsibility or justice. POWER BEGATS CORRUPTION PROTECTS POWER. I have no idea what you can do to obtain justice.
Stop relying on the government for everything is a first step. Just imagine what having a government-run HC system is going to do. You reap what you sow. We all know of the Walter Reed scandal, and the TSA scandal and how you can't get justice done, same with every other government agency. All complaints are buried in other paperwork, never to be read by anyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies