Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Those sound divine!
I've never seen anything sold like that, will have to look next time I am in St Louis!
They are sold in my local health food store by the pound ($11.00 per pound) so they are an expensive habit. You can mosty likely find a recipe online...they are roasted after they're seasoned. I have not seen them being marketed by any big company though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 08:23 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If President Obama owned a huge compound like the Bush family then the hate parade would complain about that too.
They already have and they still do. Difference is now they defend their guy in office.

As long as Michelle took shopping trips/vacations to EU before she was the FL, and the Obamas took yearly or bi or tri-annual vacations to his "home" state before he was POTUS, it's all the same. They shouldn't have to adjust their previous lifestyle down a notch for anyone, not even the tax payers footing the bill for the $$ spent running background checks on the staff of where they vacation, anyone else staying within a mile of where they do, buying up floors of hotels, transporting vehicles (or does he rent car to travel around in without any security checking out the rental place and the workers and the car?).

Quote:
It does not matter if he owns the whole island of Oahu, is staying at a friend's home or is staying at a resort.
Yeah, it does.

My father was in the SS (has done POTUS and FL detail) and a good friend of mine is a current SS agent who has been on POTUS detail. It takes a lot of time, money and preparation to secure vacations like the ones the Obamas have been known to take. More so than Bush going to his ranch or any POTUS going to Camp David. Acting like a "normal" family taking a "normal middle class destination vacation" when you are the POTUS or FL is a lot more expensive than, say, Bush going to his ranch. You don't have to believe me, it's just a fact.

Last edited by Informed Info; 12-22-2010 at 08:52 PM..

Old 12-22-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Agreed.

Do the same people who object to Obama going to Hawaii also object to Palin going to Alaska?
Doesn't she live in Alaska?

Old 12-22-2010, 08:59 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Doesn't she live in Alaska?
Yeah, she says she can see Russia from her house.......oh wait, that was Tina Fey as Palin, only smarter and funnier.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
They already have and they still do. Difference is now they defend their guy in office.

As long as Michelle took shopping trips/vacations to EU before she was the FL, and the Obamas took yearly or bi or tri-annual vacations to his "home" state before he was POTUS, it's all the same. They shouldn't have to adjust their previous lifestyle down a notch for anyone, not even the tax payers footing the bill for the $$ spent running background checks on the staff of where they vacation, anyone else staying within a mile of where they do, buying up floors of hotels, transporting vehicles (or does he rent car to travel around in without any security checking out the rental place and the workers and the car?).Yeah, it does.

My father was in the SS (has done POTUS and FL detail) and a good friend of mine is a current SS agent who has been on POTUS detail. It takes a lot of time, money and preparation to secure vacations like the ones the Obamas have been known to take. More so than Bush going to his ranch or any POTUS going to Camp David. Acting like a "normal" family taking a "normal middle class destination vacation" when you are the POTUS or FL is a lot more expensive than, say, Bush going to his ranch. You don't have to believe me, it's just a fact.
Wouldn't they have to do that no matter where he went?

Re: the blue, no, I don't believe it. That's just an excuse for Bush and all the time he spent there. Think he didn't need the same kind of protection, background checks, etc? Or is "that different"?

Old 12-22-2010, 09:32 PM

563 posts, read 518,876 times
Isn't Hawaii one of the 53 states we have as said by the POTUS?

Old 12-22-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yeah, she says she can see Russia from her house.......oh wait, that was Tina Fey as Palin, only smarter and funnier.

So Sarah Palin does NOT live in Alaska, according to Tina Fey, the not so great actress?

Old 12-23-2010, 12:28 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
I take my family n vacation ON MY OWN DIME.

Obama does not have the slightest idea what that means, - his roots are based as a community organizer/extortionist.
What makes you think that you and other tax payers actually paid for this vacation? I'm sure that the Obama's had money prior to the presidency. Besides, most companies offer paid vacations to their employees so why not the president of the United States?

Old 12-23-2010, 12:30 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
This is so laaaaaaaaaaaame. I can vacation in Hawaii cheaper than I can vacation in NYC. I'm just saying.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:55 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Hey, I just heard on the news that somewhere around 92 million people in the U.S. are traveling this week and next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies