Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 01:15 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,737,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Pretty sad that the useful idiots are defending this type of behavior on a regular basis. How sad that really is. The people who defend this type of stuff are just as guilty of whatever that group does.
I swore I wasn't going to get into this thread, but I simply cannot let that comment go unanswered. Please show us just ONE example of anyone on this forum "defending" the beating of a child, whether their own or someone else's. (Yes, this is a young woman, not a child, but considering it was her father and brother doing the beating, it still counts as a child.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 01:18 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,398,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I swore I wasn't going to get into this thread, but I simply cannot let that comment go unanswered. Please show us just ONE example of anyone on this forum "defending" the beating of a child, whether their own or someone else's. (Yes, this is a young woman, not a child, but considering it was her father and brother doing the beating, it still counts as a child.)
I don't know what you call it, but if there isn't one single post from the left that says that this crap has to stop, I would call that condoning. If you just simply accept something, you are condoning that behavior because you are simply saying, "it doesn't bother me".

Old 12-21-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
That is the biggest load of mess I have heard in a long time!

They are absolutley defending the behavior by refusing to acknowldge it and/or deflecting (typical lib behavior) by bringing up what other people do. Address the post and admit it is wrong and then you will not be defending bad behavior. That is pretty simple.

And like another person posted, other religions are not doing this in the present time like the muslims are.

The muslim/islamic religion is a threat to our country - and other countries. It is an ignorant, intolerant religion. Poison.
I have seen NO ONE 'defending' the behavior of this father and/or son. I have seen several posters attempt to point out that, just because there are extremists who believe in a particular religion, does NOT mean that everyone within that religion behaves the same way. And I'm sure there are more than a few Muslims who feel the same way about Christianity that you seem to feel about Islam.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
No, that they are all for this type of murdering. They should move to where it is legal for them to support it. They would absolutely love it. Hell they even might want to do a few beheadings themselves.
Please point out which posters you believe actually feel this way, because I've seen nothing of the sort in this entire thread so far.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Post of the day, but I strongly doubt the people you are arguing with understand what you are saying.
And the post just prior to yours proves that point very well.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:52 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,006,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Harry Potter star 'beaten after meeting non-Muslim man' - Telegraph
She's muslim and her dad and brother threatened to kill her for being seen with a non-muslim man. Great religion!
Maybe, being 22 years old, if she doesn't like her fathers rules, she needs to move out of the house and use some of that "Harry Potter" money to make her own way in the world.

She knew her father's opinions about dating outside her religion. It should have come as no surprise to her.

Iffn' ya don't like the heat, I say....Get yer butt out of the kitchen.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-21-2010, 01:53 PM

26,486 posts, read 36,332,953 times
Quote:
I don't know what you call it, but if there isn't one single post from the left that says that this crap has to stop, I would call that condoning. If you just simply accept something, you are condoning that behavior because you are simply saying, "it doesn't bother me".
This crap has to stop.

Sure, there are "extremists in all religions".

But in Saudi Arabia, for instance, women legally have to have a "male guardian", and that's based on Sharia law. I don't even think they can drive there.

It's a very oppressive religion with regards to women and it's the basis for the government there.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:57 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,398,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This crap has to stop.

Sure, there are "extremists in all religions".

But in Saudi Arabia, for instance, women legally have to have a "male guardian", and that's based on Sharia law. I don't even think they can drive there.

It's a very oppressive religion with regards to women and it's the basis for the government there.
Finally some reasoning. The main reason that this should be shouted down by everyone is that if it isn't it will continue. The world needs to step up and show that they will not tolerate such barbarianism. Only then will things get better. If this doesn't happen, it will get much worse.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:19 PM

14,250 posts, read 17,849,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Maybe, being 22 years old, if she doesn't like her fathers rules, she needs to move out of the house and use some of that "Harry Potter" money to make her own way in the world.

She knew her father's opinions about dating outside her religion. It should have come as no surprise to her.

Iffn' ya don't like the heat, I say....Get yer butt out of the kitchen.

20yrsinBranson
I think your comment is disingenuous.

First of all the father's "rules" do not excuse her being assaulted by her brother or anyone else for that matter.

Secondly, there is plenty of evidence that leaving the family home would not have sheltered her from the family "assault" and might have even exacerbated it. There have been numerous cases of this in the UK.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:24 PM

26,486 posts, read 36,332,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So extremist Christians never committed any violence?
Didn't mean to single your comment out but I wanted to address the sentiment involved...

the difference is is that extremist Christians who committ acts of violence can be usually be rightfully charged under the laws of their land. In some Muslim countries, a man who beats his wife, for instance, is guilty of no crime.

UAE high court:men can beat wives, children if there are no visible marks. Why is it always muslim countries? - Yahoo! Answers

Quote:
It's perfectly legal for a man to beat his wife and young children in the United Arab Emirates, as long as the assault leaves no physical marks, the country's highest court ruled.

Citing Islamic law, the Federal Supreme Court made the decision earlier this month in its ruling on a case of a man who slapped and kicked his daughter and slapped his wife, Abu Dhabi's The National reported Monday.
The father and brother in question in the case of the young actress are in court because the crime was committed in England. I'm not sure what their country of origin in but it's possible that their actions would be legal there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies