Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 06:45 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times

Advertisements

Harry Potter star 'beaten after meeting non-Muslim man' - Telegraph
She's muslim and her dad and brother threatened to kill her for being seen with a non-muslim man. Great religion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 07:32 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
So extremist Christians never committed any violence?

To Train Up a Child - Beating your child to love Christ

Using this as a manual Lynn Paddock, of Raleigh North Carolina, asphyxiated one child to death, and severally beat another with a plastic pipe. Another, Kevin Schatz and his wife Elizabeth, beat their 7 year old adopted daughter to death with a pipe for the mispronunciation of a word.

Assigning the extremists of one faith to all, and ignoring the extremists in your own faith, is a pretty wonderful fallacy of logic.

Last edited by subsound; 12-21-2010 at 07:40 AM..

Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So extremist Christians never committed any violence?

To Train Up a Child - Beating your child to love Christ

Using this as a manual Lynn Paddock, of Raleigh North Carolina, asphyxiated one child to death, and severally beat another with a plastic pipe. Another, Kevin Schatz and his wife Elizabeth, beat their 7 year old adopted daughter to death with a pipe for the mispronunciation of a word.

Assigning the extremists of one faith to all, and ignoring the extremists in your own faith, is a pretty wonderful fallacy of logic.
below is a quote from the article you linked
Contrary to the Pearls' advice to use an object and never, ever to strike in anger, Judge used her hand, so as to better gauge the strength of the blows. When her hand got sore, she used a wooden spoon.
In other words, she went against the book's advice

Old 12-21-2010, 07:48 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
Quote:
She was assaulted and branded a ''prostitute'' after meeting a young Hindu man, a relationship which brought anger from her father, Abul Azad, 53, and brother, Ashraf, 28, Manchester Crown Court heard.
What relationship? there are many different kinds of relationships. There is no mention of her having physical contact with this young man so what's the problem? Seems to me the Brother is using this for an excuse to bully his sister to feel like some sort of man and gain favor of their Father. Maybe he's jealous of his sister because of her fame being in the Harry Potter movies. What gets me is how stupid as well as cruel the Father is to not even consider this. Although I have no doubt the Father just doesn't approve of the young man she is friends with and uses what his son says as an excuse to keep her from being with him.

I hope they don't have control of the money she made being in those movies. Maybe they don't want to lose the investment they have in her to a husband she may one day have?

There are wackaloons in every religion when they are radical but it seems to me there are more of them in the Muslim religion and they are just excused away simply because they are Muslim and threats are made to anyone who disagrees.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:50 AM

I'm not surprised you post what few examples you could find to excuse Muslims world wide murdering their women for daring to even be seen with a non-muslim man. Many here on these boards (mostly liberals) do this regularly. Sometimes they excuse the behavior as that being from poor remote cultures. Here's a family in the UK and one who was a movie actress. Within the past ten to twenty years, can you show news stories of a Christian who murdered their family member because she was dating or marrying a non-Christian?

Old 12-21-2010, 07:55 AM

according to IMDB.com, both her and her parents were born in the UK.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:57 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,630 times
Lisa Derrick: Christian Extremism: Witchcraft, Murder and Child Abuse

As long as we're going to the extremes...

Old 12-21-2010, 07:59 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
My case and point!! You should be on the front line.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:35 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Sadly, in the UK, this kind of behavior is increasingly prevalent amongst young Muslim men of Pakistani and Bengali origin and newspaper reports of this kind are not uncommon. In addition, many of them have a very disrespectful attitude to young non-muslim women in the UK. My daughter spent time at University there and has many examples of this disrespect.

It is, unfortunately, the result of the failed (IMHO) policy of multi-culturalism which tells them that it is okay to keep all aspects of their culture and that they do not have to adhere to British norms of civilized behavior.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:46 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Gotta love how the stupid libs first come back is "christians do it". It really makes me sick. Look at this thread in particular - almost immdediate response saying just that.

I think all liberals that fight to defend muslims need to be on the front line when the next attack happens. Let them cry their bleeding hearts out to the 'peaceful' muslims and see what they get.
I think it's more of a reply to people ranting and screaming that only Muslims do this crap, when every rational person knows that all sorts of fundamentalist lunatics of every faith do this sort of crap.

Most ranters dismiss anything about those of their own faith that do the same things. Since by their own logic of the condemnations of all people of the Muslim faith through the actions of a violent few, they would be guilty of the violent actions of the fringe parts of their own faith.

All violent crazies of every faith should be condemned, not just one. If that is a "stupid liberal thought", sign me the hell up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies