Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 06:31 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Doctor shopping is a crime. Illegal drug use is illegal drug use. He knew what he was doing. And he could easily have afforded to go to a very high-end drug rehab center to deal with his addiction BEFORE he had to buy the drug on the streets.........because his doctor would no longer prescribe for him. Rush had preached about the evils of illegal drug use for a LONG TIME........he knew what he needed to do....but rather CHOSE to continue using oxy illegally until, as you say, his hearing was severely impaired. Hyprocrite is the word that comes to mind.
Actually, he tried to dry up twice without success. Somehow I shy away from calling him a hypocrite only because he was evidently a desperately sick man. If he were in control of himself and advocated jailing, I dunno, people who abused animals, and he did just that then he'd be a hypocrite. As to hypocrisy in general, a certain amount of it is desirable in a society -even necessary. Anyone addicted to tobacco who punishes his kids for smoking is a hypocrite if you want to get technical about it, but it's a good kind of hypocrisy, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 06:31 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunadash View Post
And now the facts. Rush is "audited" by outside fact-checkers, as well as the majority of the media. Rarely is he in error, and he corrects himself. Those that say he lies or tells lies are, most likely, projecting.

Rush is a God-send and a national treasure, and my mentor since 1989.
The Way Things Aren't

Old 12-21-2010, 06:43 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunadash View Post
And now the facts. Rush is "audited" by outside fact-checkers, as well as the majority of the media. Rarely is he in error, and he corrects himself. Those that say he lies or tells lies are, most likely, projecting.

Rush is a God-send and a national treasure, and my mentor since 1989.
He was the worst DJ in SE Mo in the 70s, we used to tune in and laugh our faces off at his attempts to sound like the DJs out of St Louis.
Guess he found his niche.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:44 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
The devil has a silver tongue.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:45 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
He was the worst DJ in SE Mo in the 70s, we used to tune in and laugh our faces off at his attempts to sound like the DJs out of St Louis.
I used to have a pickup truck that's radio dial got stuck on the "Rush channel". It was too much shrillness so I had to trade it in.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:49 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Actually, he tried to dry up twice without success. Somehow I shy away from calling him a hypocrite only because he was evidently a desperately sick man. If he were in control of himself and advocated jailing, I dunno, people who abused animals, and he did just that then he'd be a hypocrite. As to hypocrisy in general, a certain amount of it is desirable in a society -even necessary. Anyone addicted to tobacco who punishes his kids for smoking is a hypocrite if you want to get technical about it, but it's a good kind of hypocrisy, no?
So we have the very wealthy Rush who is desperately "sick" when he's addicted to pain killers and obtains and uses them illegally, however, the poor man on the street who is also addicted to them should go to jail/prison for a long, long time and is just a criminal?

Old 12-21-2010, 06:59 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
As someone else said, he is fact checked by so many people on a daily basis..

Anyone that can **** so many people off on a daily basis (while telling the truth) is truly an amazing person.............

The one thing that Americans hate is the truth...

Old 12-21-2010, 07:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Doctor shopping is a crime. Illegal drug use is illegal drug use. He knew what he was doing. And he could easily have afforded to go to a very high-end drug rehab center to deal with his addiction BEFORE he had to buy the drug on the streets.........because his doctor would no longer prescribe for him. Rush had preached about the evils of illegal drug use for a LONG TIME........he knew what he needed to do....but rather CHOSE to continue using oxy illegally until, as you say, his hearing was severely impaired. Hyprocrite is the word that comes to mind.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:14 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
The devil has a silver tongue.
Are you talking about Obama?

Old 12-21-2010, 07:17 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
He is very talented, and I know why they paid him 250 mill to keep him on. He is very flamboyant which makes him more entertaining then other hosts ive heard.
Talented, flamboyant, entertaining, even brilliant and charismatic... I'd credit him with all that. But there are plenty of other folks in history you could describe in much the same way.... Jim Jones, Rasputin, Charles Manson, Mussolini, and Adolf Hitler, among others... so I'm not sure your point here.

And speaking of "charismatic fascists", do you really identify with any fan group that would proudly describe themselves as "dittoheads"?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies