Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And that the majority of Americans will subject themselves to be groped and allow their kids to be groped to stay safe is proof indeed.
I'm just waiting til they start talking "chips" here.
The chip thing is definitely being thought about. I wouldn't be surprised at all when someone pitches the idea. I will be frightened, but not surprised at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 11:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The chip thing is definitely being thought about. I wouldn't be surprised at all when someone pitches the idea. I will be frightened, but not surprised at all.
Me too SourD, me too. I've actually given some thought as to what my stand will be on that and what the repercussions might be.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:23 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,843 times
Quote:
I kid you not..these are his words. Has this administration lost their bearings with this "war on terror" ?

1984..Big Brother..the new age of McCarthyism ?

Attorney General Eric Holder's Blunt Warning on Terror Attacks - ABC News

"The threat has changed from simply worrying about foreigners coming here, to worrying about people in the United States, American citizens -- raised here, born here, and who for whatever reason, have decided that they are going to become radicalized and take up arms against the nation in which they were born," he said.

Since they can't show any real progress against their wars in the Middle East, they have to create a boogeyman here within the borders of the US, go after them, and show they are tough on terrorism here in the US. This is an old political trick. Create a crisis at home so as to have the American citizens redirect their attention away from the blood in the ME and jump on the domestic terrorism bandwagon. They need to subsititute a crisis at home to take the attention away from the utter failure in the killing fields in the M.E.

This also sets the stage for more government control over US citizens as we have recently seen in airport security. The secutrity in the airports is a joke. It has been seen that in tests the TSA has been failing 90% of the time in catching and detecting bombs and others weapons that get trhough the security system. The TSA is a feel good program that once agains redirects the attention away from the real failures of the airport security. Americans are suckers.

This is not to say there are no problems in the M.E. It is to say the US policy is failing and the Americans don't belong there in the first instance. We need to bring the troops home immediately and not rely upon the empty promises of a failed foreign policy of the current administration in the M.E.

The duties that the Americans are now performing in the M E should be turned over to the UN and NATO, sans American participation. We are broke, busted and disgusted with all of this crap and it is time to come home. Let Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iraq solve their own problems. When they meet with overwhelming resistance, then let the UN and NATO direct the show, not the US.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
One only has to remmeber the memo to police about american veterans to see their view point of who is a lilely terrorist.Afterall they thought the radical terror groups of the 60's were patriots.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:37 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
.Afterall they thought the radical terror groups of the 60's were patriots.

And they still do. Bernadette Dorn, Mark Rudd, and Dorn's husband, Bill Ayers.. The Obama defenders merely dance around the question of his association with these criminals when asked about it.

These people were involved in killing NYC police officers and were let off by the courts on technicalities when they should be in jail today. What's worse is they are in positions of power and have a pipe into the ear of Obama. Afterall, Obama launched his campaign for state senate in Ayers's home but those who defend him say, oh that was so many years ago.....I didn't know there was a statute of limitations on murder. Obama had to know of their past, so why would he even associate with these criminals? I think intelligent people know why.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Me too SourD, me too. I've actually given some thought as to what my stand will be on that and what the repercussions might be.
With something like that, the possibility for total abuse is off the hook. No doubt it would be sold to us a nice new safety feature or something that is so undeniably good for us that we shouldn't resist it, but the repercussions of something like that getting totally out of control are completely serious and real.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
And they still do. Bernadette Dorn, Mark Rudd, and Dorn's husband, Bill Ayers.. The Obama defenders merely dance around the question of his association with these criminals when asked about it.

These people were involved in killing NYC police officers and were let off by the courts on technicalities when they should be in jail today. What's worse is they are in positions of power and have a pipe into the ear of Obama. Afterall, Obama launched his campaign for state senate in Ayers's home but those who defend him say, oh that was so many years ago.....I didn't know there was a statute of limitations on murder. Obama had to know of their past, so why would he even associate with these criminals? I think intelligent people know why.
Spot on the mark Brien! Intelligent people DO know why.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:10 PM

49 posts, read 25,731 times
Quote:
I kid you not..these are his words. Has this administration lost their bearings with this "war on terror" ?

1984..Big Brother..the new age of McCarthyism ?

Attorney General Eric Holder's Blunt Warning on Terror Attacks - ABC News

"The threat has changed from simply worrying about foreigners coming here, to worrying about people in the United States, American citizens -- raised here, born here, and who for whatever reason, have decided that they are going to become radicalized and take up arms against the nation in which they were born," he said.
The radicalized fellow americans we need to fear are the current administration in specific and liberals in general.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunadash View Post
The radicalized fellow americans we need to fear are the current administration in specific and liberals in general.
Another spot on post! +1

Old 12-23-2010, 01:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Holder and company are saying it's FOR the protection of the citizenry.

The real reason this new security state is burgeoning - is to protect the GOVERNMENT from the CITIZENS.

Think about it.
This from the same administration who until recently did not utter the word "terrorist" even when faced with an attack (Ft. Hood, Christmas Day bloomer bomber). Yes, think about it indeed. When has our federal government ever relinquished power or control?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies