Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should race threads be banned?
Yes 13 24.53%
No 40 75.47%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 03:47 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times

Advertisements

A ban on race threads. By race threads I do not mean threads like "is x politician trying to court the orange vote?" or stuff that actually has to do with politics. I'm talking about threads such as "Why do orange people have high wedlock rates?" and such "innocently" phrased questions that turn into nothing more than borderline and often overtly racist dogma.

Here's a separate question... can anyone make the argument that race threads should be allowed to continue in the way that they have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 03:48 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
People should be able to speak their mind. If you don't want to see 'em, don't go into 'em.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:53 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
Of course CD can do what ever its sees fit.

Lets just ban all threads that are offensive then nobody will get their feelings hurt.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:57 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Of course CD can do what ever its sees fit.

Lets just ban all threads that are offensive then nobody will get their feelings hurt.

What's to stop them from an all out ban on race threads? 99.9% of them get locked anyway.

And PLEASE tell me how replies like this from the last race thread are productive to anybody:

Quote:
You are obviously a politically correct zombie. The facts are blacks DO think as a collective. This is why major cities such as Detroit have not elected a nonblack mayor since the 1970s. Just being black is enough to get elected because of this group collective idea which is of course enforced by the Middle Eastern types who run our media and Hollywood. FACT.

As for people being screwed over. America never screwed anyone over. About 70% of all whites in America are descended of ancestors who arrived AFTER slavery was over. In other words they had nothing to do with it. I will tell you who did. The Elites. Yes the same ELITES who run conscience. In the 1840s these Elites were abolitionists. During the 1890s the Ivy League and all of the worldwide corporations. They constantly change their focus as business opportunities change. In the 1840s because the Elites know they are evil so they have to balm their they became Progressives and Eugenicists. Around WW2 they became Globalists and egalitarians.

In the end if you want to look at the sheer number murdered and oppressed whites have been the victims far more often. However the elites need to push onto the whites guilt over racism which they didnt do but the ELITES did so as to pass the buck and make more money.

^I couldn't make this crap up.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:01 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,415,339 times
I'm for banning race threads. They all end up the same -- blue person claims orange people are lazy, stupid, failing for "x" reason, orange posters respond with "x, y and z," and it turns into a flamefest. I don't see how they're productive.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:02 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
If you don't like threads about race you shouldn't read them.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:04 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I'm for banning race threads. They all end up the same -- blue person claims orange people are lazy, stupid, failing for "x" reason, orange posters respond with "x, y and z," and it turns into a flamefest. I don't see how they're productive.
While we're at it we should ban all threads that aren't positive about Obama because they just end up as flame fests.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:06 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
While we're at it we should ban all threads that aren't positive about Obama because they just end up as flame fests.

Now that's the race card, right there.

Ace of spades.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:07 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
A ban on race threads. By race threads I do not mean threads like "is x politician trying to court the orange vote?" or stuff that actually has to do with politics. I'm talking about threads such as "Why do orange people have high wedlock rates?" and such "innocently" phrased questions that turn into nothing more than borderline and often overtly racist dogma.

Here's a separate question... can anyone make the argument that race threads should be allowed to continue in the way that they have?
Well there would be at least one positive result if that happened, the stormfront trash would
likely get bored and leave!

Old 12-23-2010, 05:03 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times
What difference does it make? The moderators will just close them anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies