Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will secession happen in America after insolvency?
Yes, we are already segregated in our communities (''Big Sort'' by Bill Bishop) 7 10.29%
Yes, (other reason) 22 32.35%
No, the USA will stay together until the very end 26 38.24%
No, (other reason) 13 19.12%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:16 PM

173 posts, read 364,501 times

Advertisements

America is in huge debt --- U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time and economic collapse will occur in the next 5 to 10 years. Colleges are entering bankruptcy and local and state governments are broke.

16 Shocking Facts About The Student Loan Debt Bubble And The Great College Education Scam

Municipal Bond Market Crash 2011: Are Dozens Of State And Local Governments About To Default On Their Debts?

Some peaceful secession will happen. You say how so? America is divided whether people like it or not. A great example would be the ''Big Sort'' --- Home

Basically liberals are moving into neighborhoods with liberals segregating themselves even more and conservatives are moving into neighborhoods with conservatives segregating themselves even more. Contrary to the popular notion there is no such thing as the center anymore. Counties are moving into either a liberal direction or a conservative direction. THAT is the true reason why politics is so polarized. Because our daily lives are polarized.

I know this sounds crazy (but weren't the people who predicted the economic crisis of this decade marginalized as crazy too?) but it will probably happen. Kind of like a couple divorcing for irreconciable differences.

My guess is that when USA divides the new liberal country will get somewhere between 150 and 200 million while the new conservative country gets 100 million to 150 million.

I got that idea from this website --- An expanded proposal to divide America into two countries

I think it's a great idea and while this sounds insane now as time moves on more and more people (both liberal and conservative) will sign on. A sign of the polarization happening are liberals leaving Obama because he's too conservative and conservatives disgusted with Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and so forth because they view them as too liberal.

I myself am conservative and feel more tied to Lawrence Auster and Laura Wood then I do to ''conservative'' entertainers like Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and others. I even don't like George W. Bush because in my mind he's a neocon and not a traditionalist conservative. I'm sure there are a couple of liberals here that view Obama as a Republican because he hasn't pulled the troops out, actions on taxes and so forth.

In fact he lost his base in the mid-term elections because he didn't enact any liberal policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 07:26 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,337,482 times
Secession is never going to happen, but I welcome it with open arms! The conservatives and neocon's side will be bankrupt in a few years from all of their wars and lack of revenue. Not to mention their roads will be crap!

Old 12-23-2010, 07:32 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,460,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia12345678910 View Post
I know this sounds crazy (but weren't the people who predicted the economic crisis of this decade marginalized as crazy too?) but it will probably happen. Kind of like a couple divorcing for irreconciable differences.
This is about the only thing you stated that makes sense. There will not be a secession. "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts". I think we all know that. And by the way, the more financially educated among us did not scoff at predictions of the present economic crisis. That real estate bubble was just waiting to blow wide open. Further, the financial markets behave in a cyclical fashion. Always have; always will. That's the trick to learn in order to buy low and sell high.

The US has seen worse economic times than these. From a political standpoint, the same can be said. With calm heads, we'll all find our way through this too.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Secession is never going to happen, but I welcome it with open arms! The conservatives and neocon's side will be bankrupt in a few years from all of their wars and lack of revenue. Not to mention their roads will be crap!
I just wrote that I'm a traditionalist conservative and I hate neocons.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:38 PM

952 posts, read 942,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post

oh no!

...not crappy roads!

anything

...but not crappy roads! arrghhhh

Old 12-23-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
This is about the only thing you stated that makes sense. There will not be a secession. "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts". I think we all know that. And by the way, the more financially educated among us did not scoff at predictions of the present economic crisis. That real estate bubble was just waiting to blow wide open. Further, the financial markets behave in a cyclical fashion. Always have; always will. That's the trick to learn in order to buy low and sell high.

The US has seen worse economic times than these. From a political standpoint, the same can be said. With calm heads, we'll all find our way through this too.
There will be a secession somewhere in the future. Just wait and see.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
I checked no, other. This thread is nuts! The assumptions are faulty.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I checked no, other. This thread is nuts! The assumptions are faulty.
Sure, it's nuts. Same thing was said about the economic crisis predicted this decade. Just recently some people said that many American states were broke and were labeled as insane. Now some are taking it seriously and are watching what will happen in 2011, 2012 and 2013. The only reason the catastrope hasn't even begun with it's full force is because the government is printing more and more dollars and the dollar is still the world's reserve currency. Now that China, Russia and other countries are slowly releasing the dollar and using their own currencies for trading just watch what will happen to America in the next 5 to 15 years.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
It's nutty that there is any correlation between an economic "collapse" (which hasn't happened anywhere) and secession. There was no secession during the Great Depression.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:09 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,956,846 times
I'm moderate to slightly conservative, but I like liberals. I value different ideas that make me reevaluate my own. No secession please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies