Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 11:51 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Aaah, the problem reduced to its essence.
I've said this over and over again... the problem reduced to its essence is over responsibility.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Actually it's quite easy. There is nothing in the constitution that gives a woman the right to have an abortion.

Do you know what right the constitution DOES give us? The right of address of grievances. We can petition the government to change the law. We can petition the government to protect the life of the unborn. And one day we will win.
It's "redress of grievances". Try actually reading the document, richardcranium.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I have proved it by the fact that they think an abortion is "murder" but then turn right around and say, "but it's OK in the case of rape or incest"....that PROVES it's a control/punishment issue.
WHAT are you talking about??? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? You have PROVED???? All you have proven is that you can't read. I have REPEATEDLY rebutted every single time you made that claim, saying it's not okay. The ONLY pro-lifer here (and there are, if I'm counting right, 5 of us here, at least.) who is okay with it in the case of rape and incest is the OP. And that is only ONE person, out of 5. Hardly a case for "they." And we repeatedly demonstrate and explain to you that the question is NOT about control. Even HE said this. It's about LIFE!
Quote:
Although one poster did see how illogical and stupid that position was so changed....but not for the better
Actually, one of the pro-lifers WAS okay with abortions in the case of rape/incest but she read MY post and she saw the light and is NOT pro-life in EVERY case. She changed, but not to pro-choice. She changed because of what I wrote. Not you. "She saw the light." Yes! Indeed. She saw that every life inside the womb is sacred, even the ones conceived of rape and incest.

And she was ridiculed for "changing her mind" and for "being inconsistent." Now you are applauding her??? Oh, only if it serves YOUR ends.

CLEARLY you have not been arguing with me. You have been arguing at me because everything I've said did not enter the cognitive centers of your brain.

Please go through the thread and shoe me ONE incidence where you made this claim and I did NOT counter it. Or the OP for that matter.

Consider this a dead issue because every argument you or anyone else has brought up about pro-life being about control has been soundly defeated. Give it up.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
A woman who chooses abortion is being responsible. She is dealing with the consequences of her actions in a way that best suits her

(bolding mine)
How many times do I have to say this???? And this too???
Quote:
Saying it's responsible to having sex before you are ready to raise the child and having an abortion when you do become pregnant is like running over your neighbor's dog, trying to find a lookalike dog to replace it before the owner finds out, and calling THAT responsible.

You aren't being responsible by killing your unborn child. Responsibility is NOT about getting YOUR life back to the way it was before YOU made the mistake. Responsibility is living with the consequences of your actions, ESPECIALLY when the actions affect other people. And you BECHA abortion affects the life of the unborn child.

With an average of 10,000,000 single women in the U.S. (actually the number is more like 30,000,000) engaging in regular sex each year, and with a contraceptive that is at best 99% effective (but more realistically only 85% effective), at least 100,000 women each year in the U.S. alone will become pregnant from so-called PROTECTED sex. (The actual number is more like 4.5 million.* And naturally the number is much higher because a lot of people engage in so-called UNprotected sex.) The answer isn't abortion. The answer is for society to recognize that protected sex is not safe. To realize that you have a very real possibility of becoming pregnant, even with a contraceptive. That sex isn't something to be taken lightly. That you MUST realize that you could get pregnant. So to be responsible is to either not have sex until you are ready to raise the child, or to live with the child you hadn't planned on.

Again, remember. Responsibility is NOT about you! It's about OTHER PEOPLE.

*Seriously. Look at the Kinsey institute for statistics on sexual behavior and look at any easily found chart on contraceptive efficacy. The numbers don't lie.
Quote:
And by the way, like I already stated earlier, saying an abortion is responsible is like running over your neighbor's dog, replacing it with a lookalike before the owner finds out, and calling THAT responsible. Responsibility is not about getting your life back on track. It's about TAKING responsibility for how your actions affect other people and minimizing the damage your irresponsibility has on other people. If you make a life, then killing that life is MAXIMIZING the damage done to that life, not minimizing it.

Then give the baby up for adoption. If you had consensual sex and you knew the risks, then you should accept the possibility that you will have to take a baby to term. You don't have to raise it. But you must accept that you have to carry it for someone else. Otherwise it's murder. THAT is the responsible thing to do.
Quote:
How many times do I have to tell you people this...

Saying an abortion is responsible is like saying it's responsible to replace the dog you ran over with a lookalike before your neighbor finds out.

Responsibility is not about getting your life back on track. It's about accepting the consequences of your actions. It is NOT about minimizing their effect on YOUR life. It IS about minimizing their effect on OTHER PEOPLE's lives. You just made a life. So you have to take that new life into consideration in order to call it responsible.

The proper responsible solution... the one that is best for everyone... is adoption. No it's not ideal for the mother... but it is a compromise that lets her stay responsible.

If you have an abortion, just don't call it responsible.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Adoption, you say?

Let's get real for a moment. This isn't complicated. Even idiots love their own flesh and blood, which explains why the overwhelming majority of babies born to women who have no business getting preggo in the first place don't give their children up for adoption.

If abortion is outlawed, the overwhelming majority of these people will STILL keep the baby. Adoption is a nice option, but it aint no panacea by a long shot. Just know that much.

In any case, i still don't care enough about the topic of abortion to get all up in arms over it....since i can't get one anyway.
So this makes murder okay?

Old 01-02-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
I find it amusing that some of you men are crying about not being able to "protect your unborn children"...wouldn't you, with all your moral superiority, make sure your spouse or girlfriend was on the same page as you BEFORE marrying or having sex with her to avoid this sort of dilemma? If so, YOUR UNBORN CHILDREN ARE PROTECTED, so there's really no need for the whining, now, is there? If not...well, then, I suppose you're not as morally superior as you thought, to be fornicating with an "evil harlot" who would abort a child...
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to luvmycat again."

Old 01-02-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
with all the people in the world, do you feel you represent womenhood in any way ..what so ever....?
a normal healthy girl ...looks forward to having a baby. Thats a fact in
a forward society.
I guess you're saying I was never a "normal healthy girl".

WRONG!

Old 01-02-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
For those ignorant of Planned Parenthood and it's work, less than 3% of their work is for abortion; most goes to education.

PP loves these threads and the ignorance of their organization because every time I read a post about their being abotion mills, I send them $100 usualy in the poster's name. Cost me $600 last year and already $100 for 2011!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to chielgirl again."

Old 01-02-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
There I go again, forgetting that my only purpose in life is to breed. Moo....moo.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Annie53 again."

Old 01-02-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
i just don't have sex with women...it's excellent birth control..

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to boiseguy again."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies