Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 04:29 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
..they believe women should be punished for having sex.
Although they deny it it's clear when they get to the "she should have kept her legs closed" part of the arguement. And eventually they all do.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:30 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
Your formula is too simplistic. You need to take into account the type of sex. For example, more oral sex, or more anal sex does not = more pregnancy.
Dude. Seriously? You are overly complicating things. This is a strawman argument.

But, I don't want to argue over THAT so I'll play along... for one post...
More Penis in Vagina sex = more pregnancies.

Fine with that?

Quote:
People who have been sterilized can have more sex without more pregnancy.
WHAT part of 56,310,681 * 0.005 = 281,553 do you not understand??? That's over a quarter million pregnancies each year in the US to so-called "sterilized" women.

Quote:
This is important because in a sexually liberal society, more people tend to:

1) Explore more alternatives to heterosexual intercourse
2) Choose birth control methods more wisely
3) Have more erotic options and have a more overall satisfied sex life, so they tend to be less desperate to take advantage of unwise opportunities (desperation and/or repression tends to encourage poor choices).
But they still have penis in vagina sex more than 100 times more often than a culture that has more conservative attitudes towards sex.

Last edited by smartalx; 01-03-2011 at 04:46 PM..

Old 01-03-2011, 04:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
oops ... sorry!

but that argument is absurd .....

do they really think that pre-marital and extra-marital sex only came about with the advent of legalized abortion??""""

wow.....

just a disclaimer .... i am the product of pre-marital sex.... that happened in the late 50's .....

Yes, the anti-choicers truly believe NO one had illicit sex or abortions before the "sexual revolution" of the 60's and legal abortion.....they REALLY do...

Old 01-03-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
Women produce eggs that are waiting to be fertilized by sperm. When birth control prevents that from happening, the egg is discarded from the body. An egg is a potential human life. So are you against birth control?
How exactly is that relevant. Don't poison the well and think you are going to trap us into an unrelated argument.

Stay on topic.

Booya, don't bother answering. Don't feed the troll.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You have to understand that anti-choicers don't care what happens to poor women, they believe women should be punished for having sex.
It is posts like this one that keep us here. I must formally protest this outrage. We have demonstrated to you at least 4 times in this thread that you are wrong.

You MUST stop telling these lies as nauseum!

Repeating a lie a thousand times does NOT make it true.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The ones with "very strong" anti abortion belief oppose all forms of birth control because their religious beliefs are
this: NOTHING should interfere with a gift from God. Life
is a gift from God that begins when an egg becomes fertilized by the sperm. To do anything to interfere with this gift, would be rejecting God's will - which would be the ultimate betrayal to him.

You would think someone with that belief system would never have
an abortion. But statistics tell us otherwise.

Then those believers must be shocked to know that their god is the biggest abortionist in the universe, by far.

Prospective studies using very sensitive early pregnancy tests have found that 25% of pregnancies are miscarried by the sixth week LMP (since the woman's Last Menstrual Period).[43][44] Clinical miscarriages (those occurring after the sixth week LMP) occur in 8% of pregnancies.[44]

Miscarriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-03-2011, 04:39 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Yes we "Pro-Lifers" like to spout things we can't prove. Like what? That a pregnant women is carry a human life?
Yeah. Like that. That's why this question can be so controversial even among reasonable people.

During the 9 months of pregnancy, something that is obviously not a "human life" (i.e. a fertilized ovum) becomes something that is obviously a human life (i.e. a full term fetus). But since it is a process and not an event, any place you draw the line between what is a human life and what is not is arbitrary.

60 to 80 percent of all naturally conceived embryos never implant as all and are flushed out with the woman's menstrual cycle. And for women who actually know they are pregnant, the miscarriage rate is about 15-20%

This means that roughly three out of four human embryos are... use your preferred euphemism. I will only suggest that "aborted by God" should be somewhere on the list.

So, if you are of the opinion that human life begins at conception, you need to let God know. He aborted more than 360 million of us in 2009 alone. That's close to ten times the total number of abortions that have been performed in this country since Roe v. Wade.

Edited to Add: Old Gringo... you're faster than I am.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:42 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
LOL Someone with an ear ache is not going to walk into Planned Parenthood and expect treatment.

You don't think abortion clinics are an industry in and of themselves? Specialty clinics are in fact industries as they cater to a specific population and no one else.
A doctor is a doctor. A doctor that preforms abortion has graduated medical school...........abortion is not the only medical procedure he knows how to do.

An abortion doctor is qualified to treat an ear ache........and a lot more.........he does not need abortion to survive........he can simply change his specialty.

Abortion is not exactly a high paying procedure.........like face lifts. I don't think doctors go into the abortion field to make the big bucks.
Abortion: $400-500. Facelift: $6000+.

Abortion Industry? How silly, but then some people base their whole lives on fairytales, don't they?

Old 01-03-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
oops ... sorry!

but that argument is absurd .....

do they really think that pre-marital and extra-marital sex only came about with the advent of legalized abortion??

wow.....

just a disclaimer .... i am the product of pre-marital sex.... that happened in the late 50's .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, the anti-choicers truly believe NO one had illicit sex or abortions before the "sexual revolution" of the 60's and legal abortion.....they REALLY do...
That's ridiculous and you know it. We know people had pre-marital sex before the 60s. But we also know that the difference in numbers was far less than they are today. And the real meat of the issue is we accept that the efficacy of contraceptives today is not enough to offset how the increase in sexuality affects the numbers of conceptions.

You know that the efficacy isn't enough to offset the pregnancies that will occur as a result of all of this sex, but you still don't care. Not a single person has rebutted my numbers once. No one. I must conclude that you can't disagree with it and you would rather just ignore the numbers and me and keep arguing as if I'm not here. Well I am here and the numbers do not lie.

More sex today X the efficacy of contraceptives = more pregnancies than before.

Period.

Claim I'm wrong and prove it. By all means. I'm waiting. I've been waiting for 1500 posts.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:43 PM

912 posts, read 827,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaylenwoof View Post
your formula is too simplistic. You need to take into account the type of sex. For example, more oral sex, or more anal sex does not = more pregnancy. People who have been sterilized can have more sex without more pregnancy.

this is important because in a sexually liberal society, more people tend to:

1) explore more alternatives to heterosexual intercourse
2) choose birth control methods more wisely
3) have more erotic options and have a more overall satisfied sex life, so they tend to be less desperate to take advantage of unwise opportunities (desperation and/or repression tends to encourage poor choices).
is this the jerry springer show ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies