Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2010, 09:12 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Right...

nobody cares what I say, I'm just a faceless entity--like anyone else on the Net.
Then why do you post at all? Might as well shout into a pillow.

I think you know deep down they do impact people.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:46 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
I like to run my mouth, I don't need anyone around to listen to what I'm saying. I talk to myself often...and even I don't always care what I have to say.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:44 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,915 times
What if Hitlers Mom would of had an abortion? Or Einsteins Mom, or Bill Gate's Mom? Never know what your aborting. I don't think it should be used as birth control, but I don't think it's up to us to decide what is best for another human being. Unless you yourself are willing to take the baby I'd say stay out of it.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:23 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Well if abortion wasn't an option then maybe people would take not getting pregnant in the first place more seriously.
lol no. Someone who doesn't have protected sex in the first place is not thinking about what might happen if she gets pregnant. Irresponsible people and teenagers just don't plan ahead.

Making abortion less of an option will do NOTHING to stymie unwanted pregnancies because people aren't having sex because abortion is an available legal option. They're having sex because it feels good and they aren't thinking about the future. Abortion being legal or not never enters their minds.

Really, you're just grasping at straws here and showing a complete lack of understanding of how these things happen, which makes every solution you have questionable, since you don't really understand the situation in the first place.

Quote:
Maybe you should go out on the streets and tell these worthless street kids that they should've been aborted before they were born. It would've been better for society, right?
I have a better idea. Why don't you go and tell the five children who all have different fathers and a crack-addicted mother that they're here and suffering through the system because some white person in their lofty tower wanted to fight for their "right to life" without ever stopping to think about the consequences of what that really means for people.

Please come back and tell us how well that goes over, if you get out of Baltimore alive.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:27 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
I haven't had time to read through this thread but my opinion is that if it ain't my body it ain't my choice. I personally would never get an abortion but I think the choice should still be available to women who need it. I wouldn't think less of women who get one nor would I think less of women who didn't.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:32 AM

Here is Angel Adams and 12 of her 15 children:

http://www2.tbo.com/exposure/ar/659/372/2010/04/21/42725_angel-adams.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
Twelve children ranging from teenagers to toddlers to infants spent the past week here, scrambling across the floor, bouncing on beds. With eyes filled with resignation on Wednesday morning, they were hungry and dirty and they wore the same clothes as the day before and the day before that.

No stove. One sink, one toilet, one shower. Everyone walked barefoot over a grimy stained green carpet.

The smell of dirty diapers filled the room. Jerome, 11, gave Andrew, 6 months, a bottle. "This is not comfortable," Jerome said.

The baby coughed and spit up on Jerome's hand. He didn't flinch and patted the baby on the back.

"The girls sleep on one bed," Adams said. "The boys sleep on the other. I just crash on the floor."

The 12 kids are the youngest of 15 altogether, she said. Three have "aged out," meaning they have turned 18 and are on their own, no longer a part of the child welfare system.

"I can have as many as I want to," she said. All her kids, she added, "are gifts from God."

The 37-year-old mother doesn't work. "This is my work," she said gesturing toward the bunch. "I do this all by myself. I don't know what I'm going to do.
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/apr...-help-justice/

If you outlaw abortion, this lady's situation is America's future.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:41 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
lol no. Someone who doesn't have protected sex in the first place is not thinking about what might happen if she gets pregnant. Irresponsible people and teenagers just don't plan ahead.

Making abortion less of an option will do NOTHING to stymie unwanted pregnancies because people aren't having sex because abortion is an available legal option. They're having sex because it feels good and they aren't thinking about the future. Abortion being legal or not never enters their minds.
This is only true for people who become pregnant from unprotected sex. Remember, just because you have protected sex, it doesn't mean you won't get pregnant. Millions of women in the U.S. find that out every year.

So, what will happen if abortion is made illegal again is the couples who DO use contraception, the couples who DO worry about pregnancy, THEY will think twice about having sex. THAT won't just lower the incidences of unplanned pregnancy and abortion. It will more importantly have a profound affect on the sexual attitude in society. And that changed sexual attitude in society will affect the people who have unprotected sex too.

Last edited by smartalx; 12-25-2010 at 01:53 AM..

Old 12-25-2010, 01:53 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post

Really, you're just grasping at straws here and showing a complete lack of understanding of how these things happen, which makes every solution you have questionable, since you don't really understand the situation in the first place.

I have a better idea. Why don't you go and tell the five children who all have different fathers and a crack-addicted mother that they're here and suffering through the system because some white person in their lofty tower wanted to fight for their "right to life" without ever stopping to think about the consequences of what that really means for people.

Please come back and tell us how well that goes over, if you get out of Baltimore alive.
Yeah they'll appreciate you telling them they shouldn't be alive.

I'm not encourage irresponsible breeding either. I think that contraception is advanced enough to be 99.9% effective.

Overpopulation is another issue and isn't really affected by the availability of abortion.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:01 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,686 times
Quote:
I'm not encourage irresponsible breeding either. I think that contraception is advanced enough to be 99.9% effective.
Statistics do not bear this out. Even sterilization isn't 99.9% effective. And even if it was, 30,000,000 single women in the U.S. alone have regular sex. Multiply that by .1% and you end up with 30,000 unplanned pregnancies. Not an insignificant number. And that's just the U.S. You still have Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia, and the rest of the world. The total result is millions of unplanned pregnancies, and that is for women who are even better than sterilized! The real statistics of actual contraceptives are faar more shocking.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Yeah they'll appreciate you telling them they shouldn't be alive.
I've actually met many underprivileged who wonder WHY their mother had them or their five brothers and sisters, when the mother knew she couldn't afford to take proper care of them.

Quote:
We're talking about people being irresponsible enough to get pregnant because they DIDN'T USE CONTRACEPTION. It's the very definition of "irresponsible breeding".

Quote:
Overpopulation is another issue and isn't really affected by the availability of abortion.
hahahahahahaha, if you really believe that, I don't know what to tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies