Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2011, 05:35 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I admired WhoMe?!'s post for its clarity and succinctness and absence of emotional hysteria.
And I admired it because it was so hysterical!

Old 01-01-2011, 05:37 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it was "put" inside by both a woman and a man.
established or not on CD, the "right" is established and will not go anywhere.
Quote:
you don't want a morning after pill, what would you do with women who are pregnant but don't want to be? should they go to breeding camps and be forced to give birth against their will. no one has yet answered that question.
How can I answer a question that has not been asked?

Why the answer is of course, "these women should bear the child and if they cannot take care of it, or don't want to, then they should give it up for adoption."

I actually have an idea: pregnancy insurance for people who want to be promiscuous. If you have this insurance and get pregnant, instead of having an abortion, you have the child and your medical expenses related to the pregnancy and the child's expenses are paid for until it's 18. Of course it does open up the possibility of abuse. Some women might intentionally get pregnant so they can get the benefits and neglect their children. But maybe with some "engineering" this idea could be made more feasible and less likely to be abused. Obviously if you have this pregnancy insurance contraceptives would be freely available to you, or at least offered at a steep discount. Maybe if you have the child you can still give it up for adoption. The child being covered by pregnancy insurance would make it more likely that it will get adopted. If the mother decides to keep the baby, then there would be a lot of supervision to make sure the child isn't being neglected. Of course this insurance might be expensive. But considering the amount of casual sex going on, maybe there would be enough people to make it not prohibitively expensive.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
There is nothing worse than to bring a child into this world that is not wanted or that can not be cared for.
Wanted by whom? I'm pretty sure being alive and poor is better than being dead. There are long waiting lists for people wanting to adopt children. Did you know that there are waiting lists for kids with down syndrome?

Abortion activists have been selling poverty as a reason for abortion since the beginning, as if it was supposed to cure poverty. Know what? Abortion didn't solve this problem. A poor woman is still poor after she has the abortion.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:47 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isisthea View Post
Science is my thing no need for the sarcasm.So you pro-choicers keep on calling it a fetus if that makes you feel better
Then it would be nice if you would use proper accepted medical terminology.
Everyone is anything that they say they are on the internets.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I admired WhoMe?!'s post for its clarity and succinctness and absence of emotional hysteria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
And I admired it because it was so hysterical!
LOL.

And yet, neither of you have posted a reply to my rebuttal nor to my "prebuttal."

Old 01-01-2011, 05:51 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Wanted by whom? I'm pretty sure being alive and poor is better than being dead. There are long waiting lists for people wanting to adopt children. Did you know that there are waiting lists for kids with down syndrome?

Abortion activists have been selling poverty as a reason for abortion since the beginning, as if it was supposed to cure poverty. Know what? Abortion didn't solve this problem. A poor woman is still poor after she has the abortion.
Not really. There are things in a child's life that are better avoided. Better dead than tortured.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Not really. There are things in a child's life that are better avoided. Better dead than tortured.
That's a pretty huge leap. To go from unwanted to tortured. You are making a very big assumption. We shouldn't be talking about extremes. We should be talking about the most common abortions. The one's in the US, because the legality and the "right" in the US is the topic of debate.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:54 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Sorry, I did not see in TOS that it was mandatory to respond to every post to which a reply was requested.

My bad.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:55 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
So why do we not have funerals when a woman miscarries? Don't be fooled by misogynists... anti-choice people are ALL about denying a woman's control over her own body.
Not at all, perhaps going back to reread what has been said by anti-abortion folks will give you a clearer picture. Just in case you don't do so, I'll spell it out for ya: We are against killing unborn children who have every right to live as you or I. It has absolutely nothing to do with denying a woman's right to control her body. But hey, even if she couldn't have an abortion, she still has the right to choose...she could always choose to keep her pants on! Or to at least use one or two methods of birth control (like condom plus BCP).

I actually knew someone who was too scared to go to the doctor to get a gynecological exam so she could get on the pill. This same person also refused to use condoms, she though pulling out would suffice. Well, she ended up getting pregnant when she was 19. Then she had 9 months of people looking at her nether regions, poking and prodding, getting blood drawn (which she also hated) and then finally a c-section. She THEN started taking the pill and questioned why she hadn't just gotten the darn exam to begin with.

I wonder how many more people like her are out there....

Old 01-01-2011, 05:55 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
How can I answer a question that has not been asked?

Why the answer is of course, "these women should bear the child and if they cannot take care of it, or don't want to, then they should give it up for adoption."

I actually have an idea: pregnancy insurance for people who want to be promiscuous. If you have this insurance and get pregnant, instead of having an abortion, you have the child and your medical expenses related to the pregnancy and the child's expenses are paid for until it's 18. Of course it does open up the possibility of abuse. Some women might intentionally get pregnant so they can get the benefits and neglect their children. But maybe with some "engineering" this idea could be made more feasible and less likely to be abused. Obviously if you have this pregnancy insurance contraceptives would be freely available to you, or at least offered at a steep discount. Maybe if you have the child you can still give it up for adoption. The child being covered by pregnancy insurance would make it more likely that it will get adopted. If the mother decides to keep the baby, then there would be a lot of supervision to make sure the child isn't being neglected. Of course this insurance might be expensive. But considering the amount of casual sex going on, maybe there would be enough people to make it not prohibitively expensive.
if you think these woman should bear the pregnancy to term and give birth against their will then the next step is forced breeding camps. you want to force people do bear a child against their will? sounds like something hitler did with his selective breeding programs.

again casual sex is not a bad thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies