Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2010, 02:27 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
SORRY....as I stated above [assuming that you truly read my post] I have no opionion regarding abortion....it ain't my body
The fetus is inside the woman's body. The fetus has different DNA than the mother, and is a completely unique being. It is simply a crime against mankind for a woman to simply abort the fetus. The fetus is not the woman.

When the pregnancy results from a crime (rape, incest, etc.) then it is reasonable to allow abortion.

I think it is disturbing how anti war advocates scream about a few hundred combat deaths a year - but aren't bothered at all by almost one million abortions per year in the US.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:42 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
your analogy at top is great but but assumes all people engaging in sex are ready and willing to stand up and take responsibility according to your moral code. is "being ready" a social requirement to have sex? you made your bed line of thinking?
YEAH!
Quote:
some people are so inadequate I don't want them taking "responsibility" it is better they just get on with their life.
So it's better that they kill their unborn children?

There appear to be two choices talked about in this discussion.

1) Have an abortion.
2) Have the baby.

Neither seem to be very ideal in some situations. Fortunately, there are of course other options. Adoption being the most obvious. The best choice though is to stop thinking that you have a right to have sex willy-nilly without assuming the responsibility that goes along with it.

Quote:
sex is to be "taken lightly" at times.
It most certainly is NOT!
Quote:
it is for fun.
And so is taking drugs. So is driving 100mph on the freeway. So is breaking into a school and stealing all of the computers. Do you advocate all of those too?
Quote:
people do have it ready or not, forced or not, protected or not.
And we have the oversexed feedback effect to thank for that. Society is oversexed. Popular media enhances that. And that feeds on itself to make people think that it's normal and permissible to treat sex casually. But it's not okay to treat sex casually specifically because of the consequences.

Quote:
why is it your business,
It affects me in very real and direct ways. Every time I drive in my crime ridden neighborhood full of gangbangers, drug dealers and prostitutes who were raised by single moms, it affects me. Oh, the answer is abortion, right?

Once again, no. It's not responsible to kill your kids.

Quote:
or can you control if an adult woman is having sex protected or not, or if her and her partner are ready?
Obviously I can not "control" her. But I can ask the rest of you knuckleheads to get your act together and recognize that responsibility comes with a sexual lifestyle. Society needs to change.

Quote:
it is the womans final authority that should dictate if she bears a child.
Wrong. It's God's.
Quote:
just as it is a man's final authority if he walks away from the pregnancy or not.
Again. Wrong. Men walking away from the pregnancy are part of the problem!!! They leave the mother and child to fend for themselves, the child is neglected because the mother is at work 12 hours a day, the child is under-supervised, and inevitably some children end up getting into crime.

Last edited by smartalx; 12-24-2010 at 02:54 PM..

Old 12-24-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
I'm so sick and tired of the saying "She couldn't keep her legs closed." That is NOT a good excuse that pro-lifers like to use. You completely ignore that she may have been raped, or are you ok with rape as well?
Women have been having and loving their children produced from rape for thousands of years. All of a sudden abortion comes along and women start to hate these children?
Quote:
What would pro-lifer men do if women decided to not have sex with them because they feared they might get pregnant?
Fall in love with her. Woo her. Court her. And marry her.
Quote:
Some would probably go out and rape some women, THEN blame it on her and say "Well, let's chain her up and make her give birth because the dumb ***** couldn't keep her legs closed."
Wow. That's some pretty messed up thinking right there.
Quote:
Idiots like you who like to insult women make me sick.
Right back at ya!

Old 12-24-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Just checking. After this discussion has anyone here changed their mind on abortion yet?

Didn't think so.
But how many seeds were planted? How much enlightenment occurred? Most people have probably never done the math on how protected sex really affects the world. If you read my post now you know. Even protected sex affects the world in VERY real and profound negative ways.

If I have enlightened one individual and made him/her say hmmm.... even if they didn't change their mind (yet), then I've had an impact and it's worth it.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:58 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Perhaps you would like to post the statistics on pregnancies resulting from actual reported rapes.

Even in the case of rape, why should the conceived child be the one to pay the ultimate price with its death? WHy not put it up for adoption following the birth rather than to abort? Do you really believe the woman will remember the rape any less in 9 months even if she gets an abortion?
But then what will the adoptive parents say when the child questions who the real parents are?

Child: Who are my real parents
Adoptive Parents: Your mom was raped. That's right, you're the result of rape.

Talk about messing up the child.

Why suffer through giving birth for a child you only have because someone raped you?

Old 12-24-2010, 03:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
But then what will the adoptive parents say when the child questions who the real parents are?

Child: Who are my real parents
Adoptive Parents: Your mom was raped. That's right, you're the result of rape.

Talk about messing up the child.
So, you'd argue to kill an unborn child rather than it being given an adopitve home on the chances it could be "messed up" by information? Really? Adoptive parents are given no such information as to the circumstances of conception. There is no such information on a birth certificate. Next........

Old 12-24-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So, you'd argue to kill an unborn child rather than it being given an adopitve home on the chances it could be "messed up" by information? Really? Adoptive parents are given no such information as to the circumstances of conception. There is no such information on a birth certificate. Next........
Abortion is legal. Get over it. What are you trying to accomplish by telling other posters how "immoral" abortion is?

Old 12-24-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Abortion is legal. Get over it.
Wow! What a comeback! Your statement doesn't negate lifelongMOgal's rebuttal.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Wow! What a comeback! Your statement doesn't negate lifelongMOgal's rebuttal.
I thought my comeback was legitimate. At least I'm supporting something that's legal. The pro-lifers can complain all they want but they're wasting their time. Abortion was legal before the pro-lifers chimed into this thread and it's still legal now.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:13 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Abortion is legal. Get over it. What are you trying to accomplish by telling other posters how "immoral" abortion is?
Where did I use the word "immoral"? The thread question is "How is abortion a 'Right'?" and not, is it 'legal' or 'moral'. Do you understand the difference between the three? Do you actually have a quality argument to propose or just snippy quips?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies