Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 10:58 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,270,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
John McCain really caused a major problem for the GOP by selecting this most pathetic of people to be on the GOP ticket in 2008.
Biden's no gem.

Quote:
Palin nearly as pathetic as John Edwards, and absolutely no business being outside Alaska. She has no business even considering a run for the White House. Quite the delusional airhead she is! The GOP will be annihilated if she is heading the ticket.
Palin can run, she'll just end up running in place. It's not going to happen.

Quote:
The continuing presence of Palin speaks volumes about the very, very sad state of the GOP as it exists today. If they expect their party to survive, prominent GOP members must speak out against this folksy imbecile in a dress.
The only people keeping Palin around are the libs who are afraid of her for some odd reason. Most republicans, as has been noted, pay no mind to her. She's better off with her reality tv show and sticking to local politics.

Now Chris Christie, on the other hand, watch out! Libs in NJ can't stand him b/c he tells it like it is, does what needs to be done and it hurts their feelers. "He's too confrontational". Translation: he doesn't beat around the bush or the obama and make us "feel good". They'd rather be BS'd and lied to up front, and disappointed at the end, as opposed to going into any situation knowing what the hard reality and truth is.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-26-2010 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: Deleted inappropriate comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 07:38 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,994,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Just goes to show that a person can be a Natural Born Citizen and still not be qualified to hold public office.
Calling a person "stupid" over and over again doesn't actually MAKE them stupid.

Can you give me one factual, actual reason she is not qualified to hold public office? I don't mean opinion, or liberal talking points. Or goofy statements (because then we'd have to assume the same of Joe Biden). I mean a real, legitimate reason.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:11 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,251,805 times
I never thought she would run. Her fortay is coyness. LOL, teasing the media, teasing her sheep followers, and teasing the Repukelican mainstream that she might run. Hmmm, can't make her mind up. Flip-flop, flip-flop.

It's entertaining to sit back and watch poops like Rove (smart, very very smart, but still a poop) squirm over this average intellect (on her BEST days she's average) who might run for President. Then she might not. Well, maybe she will........maybe not.

I hope she runs. I soooooo hope she runs. Run, SaRAH, Run!! We need the entertainment factor. To see pasty faced repukelicans do-do all over themselves over one little lady from Alaska is great entertainment.

Keep it coming Repubs. You're doing a good job, 'Brownine'.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:29 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,468,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
Too late for the GOP.

They let that North Pole dancing genie out of her bottle, and she ain't going back in without taking the party down with her.

You betcha.....Steve
Yup, exactly. The whole "what to do about Palin" dilemma really represents the larger problem the GOP acquired, ever since it began openly courting wingnut ideologues, the "southern vote" and the "willfully ignorant" (aka "rednecks"). So if they can't "fix" that somehow, and soon, they know they'll end up with another "Ross Perot" scenario come election time.

Run, Sarah, run!! ;-p

Old 12-26-2010, 08:36 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,745,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
John McCain and the GOP created a monster, or a gift that keeps on giving depending on which side of the fence one is on.
I honestly think that McCain couldn't stand her.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,851,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Calling a person "stupid" over and over again doesn't actually MAKE them stupid.

Can you give me one factual, actual reason she is not qualified to hold public office? I don't mean opinion, or liberal talking points. Or goofy statements (because then we'd have to assume the same of Joe Biden). I mean a real, legitimate reason.
Have you listened to any of Palin's interviews during the election???

Even McCain does not believe Palin is qualified to be president. Now that should speak volumes to you!

Quote:
Sen. John McCain said Sunday he would not necessarily support his former running mate if she chose to run for president.

Speaking to ABC's "This Week," McCain was asked whether Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin could count on his support.

"I can't say something like that. We've got some great other young governors. I think you're going to see the governors assume a greater leadership role in our Republican Party," he said.
McCain: I can't promise to support Palin for president - CNN

Old 12-26-2010, 09:43 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,851,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I honestly think that McCain couldn't stand her.
I agree. Check out the expression of McCain's face during this interview!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rso5mjFQF0Q

Old 12-26-2010, 09:48 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,370,896 times
your post is full of the usual lies.
SP is NOT considered a leading Repubican Candidate.
Unless you count the Democrats screaming at the top of their lungs WISHING it to be so

democrats, definitely.
Tea Party maybe, Republican, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Republicans.

Sarah Palin is widely considered to be a leading candidate for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination. And while an October story in Politico made a splash (and drew Palin's wrath) by quoting anonymous Republican "insiders" attacking Palin, we've noticed a different, striking pattern in recent weeks: More and more prominent Republicans are publicly voicing doubts about Palin.

When you gather together, as we have below, the recent criticisms and misgivings voiced by Republican operatives, politicians and commentators, it becomes clear that Palin, if she has presidential ambitions, has a serious obstacle to overcome even within her own party. It also suggests that Palin would perhaps not be the powerhouse front-runner of a GOP primary that some have made her out to be. Here's a look at the recent criticism, in reverse chronological order:

Old 12-26-2010, 09:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Same here. The GOP has gone out of their way to bash Palin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

There are goofy statements and goofy statements. Yeah, Biden's made a few, like FDR going on TV. Some of Sarah's are excusable, too. But someone who can't tell you what their foreign policy background is other than you can see Russia from her state, that's a problem. She has no depth. Just one example.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:03 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,646,035 times
The fear Sarah instills in the hearts of democrats shows no bounds...
If I didn't like someone, I wouldn't spend my life trying to dig up non-existant dirt, I would ignore them.
Sarah has the frightened demos by the b@lls and it's a wonderful site to behold..
Keep posting your hate for the most powerful lady in America, it's fun to watch...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies