Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 10:09 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
The fear Sarah instills in the hearts of democrats shows no bounds...
If I didn't like someone, I wouldn't spend my life trying to dig up non-existant dirt, I would ignore them.
Sarah has the frightened demos by the b@lls and it's a wonderful site to behold..
Keep posting your hate for the most powerful lady in America, it's fun to watch...

Is your point that you support Falin Palin for president, not because she is qualified, but because you think she has "frightened the demos by the b@lls?"

Very wise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 11:00 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,250,609 times
Quote:
If I didn't like someone, I wouldn't spend my life trying to dig up non-existant dirt, I would ignore them.
Sarah has the frightened demos by the b@lls and it's a wonderful site to behold..
Keep posting your hate for the most powerful lady in America, it's fun to watch...
I love the "Democrats are shaking in their boots with fear over Palin" the most. It's so far from the truth, and that's why Palin and her goofy sheep are entertaining. What makes it so funny is that people actually believe in her and that dems are afraid of her.

I'll tell you who's afraid of Sarah. Republicans.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:06 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Is that why the RWs start all these anti-Obama threads?

Old 12-26-2010, 11:08 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
We "left wingers" love Falin Palin! Bring her on in 2012!

Old 12-26-2010, 11:18 AM

17,404 posts, read 11,988,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

There are goofy statements and goofy statements. Yeah, Biden's made a few, like FDR going on TV. Some of Sarah's are excusable, too. But someone who can't tell you what their foreign policy background is other than you can see Russia from her state, that's a problem. She has no depth. Just one example.
Just as I thought. When it's a Dem saying something moronic (57 states, 364 days of the year) it's considered quaint. When it's a conservative, they're branded as completely stupid. OK, got it now. You got nuthin'.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:41 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
^^^I don't think you read my post. I said Biden screwed up. Here's an example. Palinisms: Did she really say that? - By Jacob Weisberg - Slate Magazine

"I think it's appalling and a violation of our freedom of the press."
—Speaking about the negative media coverage of Republican congressional candidate Vaughn Ward, Boise, Idaho, May 21, 2010

What does Sarah think freedom of the press is?

I'm sure you recall that during her campaign for VP, she could not state the VP's job.

ThinkProgress » Palin Claims The Vice President Is ‘In Charge Of The U.S. Senate’

Jeez, don't they tell you when you go to a job interview to know a little about the job beforehand?

Old 12-26-2010, 12:04 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,464,466 times
Quote:
Democrats pay attention to Palin for the same reason that we all stop and gawk at a car crash, or at the crazy guy on the street corner yelling the "end is near".... it's just plain morbid curiosity (with more than a touch of amusement)!

But if the notion that we're all "frightened" of Palin, will somehow get more whackos out to support her (and further divide the GOP)... then OK, I'll admit it, that gal Sarah's just got me all aquiverin' in mah boots...!!

Old 12-27-2010, 09:17 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,200,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Republicans.

Sarah Palin is widely considered to be a leading candidate for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination. And while an October story in Politico made a splash (and drew Palin's wrath) by quoting anonymous Republican "insiders" attacking Palin, we've noticed a different, striking pattern in recent weeks: More and more prominent Republicans are publicly voicing doubts about Palin
Sarah broke the 11th commandment of the savior, Ronald Reagan and spoke out against the establishment GOP. There will be no dissent among the rank and file, and the star of the Tea Party express will be tossed under the proverbial bus.

Like Sarah or hate her, she was a threat and once her use has outlived itself as it has since the conclusion of these last elections, squat, like a bug. As popular as she is among a segment of the population, she doesn't have enough gas to carry her to 2012 as sources of funding and support dry up faster than the dry season on the Serengeti plains.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:54 AM

38,005 posts, read 22,180,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Republicans.

Sarah Palin is widely considered to be a leading candidate for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination. And while an October story in Politico made a splash (and drew Palin's wrath) by quoting anonymous Republican "insiders" attacking Palin, we've noticed a different, striking pattern in recent weeks: More and more prominent Republicans are publicly voicing doubts about Palin.

When you gather together, as we have below, the recent criticisms and misgivings voiced by Republican operatives, politicians and commentators, it becomes clear that Palin, if she has presidential ambitions, has a serious obstacle to overcome even within her own party. It also suggests that Palin would perhaps not be the powerhouse front-runner of a GOP primary that some have made her out to be. Here's a look at the recent criticism, in reverse chronological order:

Doubting Sarah - War Room - Salon.com
Articles coming from Salon and the Politico? Oh yeah, a shocking source of Palin criticism to be sure. Then we have examples of partial quotes w/o context from a bunch of liberal moderates and blue-blood republicans, and this too is an unlikely source?

I suppose anything is better then facing the current reality of the 0bamanation.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:59 AM

38,005 posts, read 22,180,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Democrats pay attention to Palin for the same reason that we all stop and gawk at a car crash, or at the crazy guy on the street corner yelling the "end is near".... it's just plain morbid curiosity (with more than a touch of amusement)!

But if the notion that we're all "frightened" of Palin, will somehow get more whackos out to support her (and further divide the GOP)... then OK, I'll admit it, that gal Sarah's just got me all aquiverin' in mah boots...!!
I truly wish the eyes of folks like you were as open and critical back in the 2008 presidential election cycle, we could have averted a lot of pain. Hopefully the first two years of lessons in tough love, we have gotten with 0bama, will not be too damaging to the country, and we can avert more damage in the remaining two years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies