Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 04:47 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,373,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Well during this past cycle when she was boiling enough to start calling mainstream establishment GOP types "RINHOs" and wannabes, it cost them in places like Delaware. When cornered, she went on the attack and was relentless, which as you say, when it coincides with GOP establishment, or even mildly chides them in favor of firing up the base, its great, but once she attacked her own, that was it. She is rogue, which may appeal to people who despise compromise, but when it comes to politics, the establishment types see her as a loose cannon and cannot be controlled. She might do good things here and there, but over all she is a liability because they never know when she is going to attack the wrong person from her own party.
An interesting read regarding 'turning' on one's own. Reminds me of the dino's when O 'compromised' with Republicans and the vitriolic hate speech they spewed forth when he DID the compromise.

Don't those actions make the dino's rogue too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 04:50 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,203,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
An interesting read regarding 'turning' on one's own. Reminds me of the dino's when O 'compromised' with Republicans and the vitriolic hate speech they spewed forth when he DID the compromise.

Don't those actions make the dino's rogue too?
I think among the more liberal base on the left, absolutely. Liberals are pulling their hair out, just listen to that pinhead Ed Shultz lose his mind ranting at Obama. I would say their patience has worn thin enough to begin looking for a primary challenger.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:02 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Republicans.

Sarah Palin is widely considered to be a leading candidate for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination. And while an October story in Politico made a splash (and drew Palin's wrath) by quoting anonymous Republican "insiders" attacking Palin, we've noticed a different, striking pattern in recent weeks: More and more prominent Republicans are publicly voicing doubts about Palin.

When you gather together, as we have below, the recent criticisms and misgivings voiced by Republican operatives, politicians and commentators, it becomes clear that Palin, if she has presidential ambitions, has a serious obstacle to overcome even within her own party. It also suggests that Palin would perhaps not be the powerhouse front-runner of a GOP primary that some have made her out to be. Here's a look at the recent criticism, in reverse chronological order:

Doubting Sarah - War Room - Salon.com
Funny....I like the part where it says "unlikely and telling source" really ? Mostly mainstream establishment Republicans.........duh. and then there is Coulter whom I agree with.."I do love her, but I think I prefer her doing what she's doing now, at which she's spectacular. She's making a lot of money and she's having a great life. She has - she's giving all this energy to the base of the Republican Party - the Conservative Movement." No matter what Palin has been good for the Party, I doubt very much that she will run , for the very reason Coulter stated, she is much more effective doing what she is doing. I think it is humorous how the left keeps talking about her,meanwhile the nominee is............

Old 12-27-2010, 05:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,083,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Are you referring to interviews when she was a VP candidate? If so, I would give her a break, most VP candidates come off looking and sounding badly, because they are busy trying to answer questions that will match the views and opinions of the person on top of the ticket. This is why VP debates are so boring, they are not allowed to speak for themselves, they are just too busy trying to be little clones of the boss.
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss267/Temptationbucket/ROFLMAO.gif (broken link)

Palin was anything but boring. I fact it was one of the most amusing interviews, well outside of David Stockton, that I ever saw. She wasn't having a problem reconciling her beliefs with McCains, she was having trouble just constructing an actual sentence. Man, she was completely out of her depth.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:55 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,028,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
She is not an elite out of the beltway of Washington DC, so she is rubbing all the beltway Republicans and Democrats the wrong way the same as Ronald Reagan did.
Quoting President Reagan himself, with a change of a name
"Palin, you're no Ronald Reagan"

I would have said "Governor, you're no Ronald Reagan", but
she quit that gig.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:20 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,467,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Funny....I like the part where it says "unlikely and telling source" really ? Mostly mainstream establishment Republicans.........duh. and then there is Coulter whom I agree with.."I do love her, but I think I prefer her doing what she's doing now, at which she's spectacular. She's making a lot of money and she's having a great life. She has - she's giving all this energy to the base of the Republican Party - the Conservative Movement." No matter what Palin has been good for the Party, I doubt very much that she will run , for the very reason Coulter stated, she is much more effective doing what she is doing. I think it is humorous how the left keeps talking about her,meanwhile the nominee is............
Sorry, but you'll have to excuse those of us on the "left" who haven't read that much of Ann "we should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to christianity" Coulter (or the Collected Writings of Sarah Palin, or Glenn Beck, or Timothy McVey, etc., etc.). In any case, it seems like Democrats win by having Palin within the GOP (she drives away the independents and moderates), and they win if she runs on her own (she splits the GOP ticket). So remind us once again what Palin's "downside" is (for liberals)?

Old 12-27-2010, 06:36 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Sorry, but you'll have to excuse those of us on the "left" who haven't read that much of Ann "we should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to christianity" Coulter (or the Collected Writings of Sarah Palin, or Glenn Beck, or Timothy McVey, etc., etc.). In any case, it seems like Democrats win by having Palin within the GOP (she drives away the independents and moderates), and they win if she runs on her own (she splits the GOP ticket). So remind us once again what Palin's "downside" is (for liberals)?
well ......if you are ignorant enough to try and link timothy mcvey to the others mentioned , you hardly warrant a serious response, but does tell the rest of us where you are coming from ......I will just say......witness the last election.......Palin won more than she lost.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:25 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,000,582 times
Quote:
Sarah Palin is widely considered to be a leading candidate for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Not in the GOP I know.
Same here. The only people who seriously consider Palin to be a legit GOP contender is the liberal mainstream media who would love nothing more than for her to run. Not only would it be high entertainment for them but it would also guarantee another four years of Obama.

Remember the JournoLister's credo: to help get Obama re-elected at all costs. Palin is a great enabler so it's no wonder they love her.

Quote from the link posted: "The liberals in the media love to promote Palin as the face of conservatism, for the obvious reason that this makes conservatives look stupid. But to call her a conservative is to deprive the word of all meaning. She simply flails about, denouncing such key conservative concepts as school vouchers or tort reform when they conflict with her urges."

Old 12-27-2010, 07:34 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,336,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Palin was anything but boring. I fact it was one of the most amusing interviews, well outside of David Stockton, that I ever saw. She wasn't having a problem reconciling her beliefs with McCains, she was having trouble just constructing an actual sentence. Man, she was completely out of her depth.
So, you admit she communicates in the recognizable pattern of most red-blooded Americans?

Old 12-27-2010, 07:43 PM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
I don't understand why people just don't stop evoking this silly goose's name and just let her fade into oblivion.

C'mon, isn't a little ridiculous to be pretending she could be President? Really, now, people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies