Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 06:52 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
well ......if you are ignorant enough to try and link timothy mcvey to the others mentioned , you hardly warrant a serious response, but does tell the rest of us where you are coming from ......I will just say......witness the last election.......Palin won more than she lost.
“So Sambo beat the b*tch!” - Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin's description of Barack Obama’s win over Hillary Clinton.

"This President has exposed himself as a guy over and over and over again who has a deep-seated hatred for white people..." - Glenn Beck

"Today when the Blacks rape his women at will and the System makes him show an identity pass to buy groceries or pick up his laundry" - from the christian right wing Turner Diaries, Timothy McVeigh's inspiration and "bible".

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building." - Ann Coulter

BTW, dunno how you figure Palin "won" in the last election.... unless maybe you count receiving more attention (what she really craves), and a bunch of conservative gains in already Red states (now angry that Obama couldn't "fix" everything overnight). But as far as wins for the "Palin" voters (aka "Tea Partiers" & wingnuts)... not so much, and why the GOP is now distancing themselves from her.

Last edited by mateo45; 12-28-2010 at 07:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 07:33 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Americans don't want conservatism or liberalism. They want politicians who are close to the centre and that is what Obama was able to sell. If the GOP goes for a conservative candidate then they will lose.
Yeah sure, going conservative is what earned the historic republican victories in Nov. The only place liberalism still sells is in California, and they are selling their children's future to buy it.

What is the centrist view anyway, that a little tyranny and a "most of the same"? Is that what you think people want?

Old 12-28-2010, 01:55 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Just goes to show that a person can be a Natural Born Citizen and still not be qualified to hold public office.
Ah, an obsessive birther. What would SP do without these among the ranks of her following?

Old 12-28-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Same here. The only people who seriously consider Palin to be a legit GOP contender is the liberal mainstream media who would love nothing more than for her to run. Not only would it be high entertainment for them but it would also guarantee another four years of Obama.
This is probably the angle the con's are missing. The libs freaking out/being relieved that she runs. They interpret it as true intimidation, as they should, because SP would rile considerable support and interest. But never enough that she needs. And she knows this. And she wants $$$$$ and $$$$ a political office will not bring her and her clan. She is both stupid and a smart cookie.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:10 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Republicans.

Sarah Palin is widely considered to be a leading candidate for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination. And while an October story in Politico made a splash (and drew Palin's wrath) by quoting anonymous Republican "insiders" attacking Palin, we've noticed a different, striking pattern in recent weeks: More and more prominent Republicans are publicly voicing doubts about Palin.

When you gather together, as we have below, the recent criticisms and misgivings voiced by Republican operatives, politicians and commentators, it becomes clear that Palin, if she has presidential ambitions, has a serious obstacle to overcome even within her own party. It also suggests that Palin would perhaps not be the powerhouse front-runner of a GOP primary that some have made her out to be. Here's a look at the recent criticism, in reverse chronological order:

Doubting Sarah - War Room - Salon.com

You'll forgive me for not bothering to click on your Salon link.

The reason I like Palin is because she is a conservative. Republicans can kiss my conservative backside. If they hadn't screwed the pooch with big spending so as to mirror the Democrats, quasi conservative McCain might have been able to slip in with out help from a real, though perhaps a little green, conservative. Republicans got themselves into the mess they are in now, and don't think because they picked up a number of seats in the midterm all is well. The RINO political whores that gave us Medicare part D and Wall Street bail outs are still on double probation and certain to face Tea Party primary challenges again in 2012.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:27 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
She is not an elite out of the beltway of Washington DC, so she is rubbing all the beltway Republicans and Democrats the wrong way the same as Ronald Reagan did.
Please Palin and Reagan shouldn't be in the same conversation. Though I'm not a Reaganite, he was an accomplished politician before he won the presidency.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:41 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Ah, an obsessive birther. What would SP do without these among the ranks of her following?

Maybe I'm a parenter, first - and a birther, second.

He was born of a non-citizen, in a place yet to be proven.

So, until I see his hospital birth certificate, I'm both.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:11 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
BTW, ever notice how the folks who are eager to believe in Obama's "otherness" (aka, "Birthers") always seem to be of the, um, "caucasian" persuasion....?

Old 12-28-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Maybe I'm a parenter, first - and a birther, second.

He was born of a non-citizen, in a place yet to be proven.

So, until I see his hospital birth certificate, I'm both.
Good luck with that.

Ridiculous as your interest may be.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:46 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Good luck with that.

Ridiculous as your interest may be.
Yeah, Rule of Law - Ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies