Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you boycott American companies who cater to Muslims?
Yes 18 32.14%
No 37 66.07%
Not sure 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 07:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagbardCeline View Post
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, SIR

There aren't a billion muslims in the Faroe Islands, iehter.

Halal meat being blessed somehow interrupts your method of praying to (the same) god? Do you refuse to eat kosher, as well? Who could possibly care about somebody saying words in a language they don't understand while their lunch is being killed?
No, I don't agree with their slaughter methods nor their blessing and prayer to Allah.

Why are you trying to force this issue ? I don't agree with it and avoid buying that type of meat. Where's the tolerance you libs preach about ?

Why do people care about prayer in schools ? After all.."it's just some words".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 07:46 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, I don't agree with their slaughter methods nor their blessing and prayer to Allah.

Why are you trying to force this issue ? I don't agree with it and avoid buying that type of meat. Where's the tolerance you libs preach about ?

Libs like to 'talk the talk' and never 'walk the walk'....unless it benefits them. Their so called tolerance only applies when they choose - never the across the board tolerance they expect of others.

I would avoid buying that type of meat, also. And will probably shop at stores not supporting this from now on.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:55 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Naw, AUM is just anti-Walmart and other big companies.

Actually I am not sure that he wasn't one of the people who tried to convince me that we don't really have a lot of Muslims in this country. I really believe that most businesses are in business to make money and when there are enough people of any kind in their area they will try to sell to them.

I am saying that there are enough Muslims in our country for our government to start worrying about them being too large an ethnicity. I have said over and over that they will take over here when there are enough of them here but many of the liberal line of thinking just can't see that at all. I am pretty sure that we could get along without them, but who ships them out?
Native Americans felt the same way about Christians, I'm sure.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:56 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Is there a difference between "catering to" and "marketing to"?
or "accommodating the needs of"?

Old 12-28-2010, 01:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
"Muslim" isn't an ethnicity. And i couldn't possibly care less about how many more Muslims we have. In fact, the more the merrier.

As for "who ships them out," since you suggested it, why don't you get a group together and attempt it?
Damn, I forgot that only race determines ethnicity. I am so sorry about that. I get to see illegal aliens from three Mexican states practice their own kind of ethnic living all the time and they are all mixtures of races as we all know live in Middle America although they are all Mexican. I guess their spicy cooking makes them ethnic, or what does? It is easy to tell which state they are from when you see their lowered cars, their raised cars and things like that.

Muslims don't come from the same country and, in fact, although they practice the same reiigion doesn't make them ethnically the same. Is that what you wanted me to know.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Native Americans felt the same way about Christians, I'm sure.
Very possibly but since they had only tribal governments and so many different tribes I just can't think of them as even thinking about shipping them out. Can you?

Old 12-28-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
or "accommodating the needs of"?
You just stated the very reason I think they need to be shipped out. If they can't become Americans then get rid of them. At least the whites accepted many things from the American Indian ways of life, like food, clothing, and using their names for our communities, rivers, etc.

I hope you see me saying that it is time for us to demand that all our immigrants learn our language, accept our legal system, at least try our food to see if it makes them sick, and so on.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:21 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
My supermarket has ethnic sections of food and it doesn't bother me any.
Some pretty good imports there if you ask me. We have a Chinese section, Jewish section and Mexican section..that's my description..the store just has "ethnic foods" as the label.
What about a supermarket where the cashier won't scan and bag your bacon because they are Muslim and can't touch those products? It happened last year: Minneapolis: Some Muslim workers at Target refuse to handle pork - Jihad Watch
http://islamway.mobi/muslims/how-sho...-cash-register

Catering to Muslims is an incremental step that won't end until non-Muslims have second class status because that is mandated in Islam. Muslims submit to Allah, all others submit to Muslims.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:26 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You just stated the very reason I think they need to be shipped out. If they can't become Americans then get rid of them. At least the whites accepted many things from the American Indian ways of life, like food, clothing, and using their names for our communities, rivers, etc.

I hope you see me saying that it is time for us to demand that all our immigrants learn our language, accept our legal system, at least try our food to see if it makes them sick, and so on.
I'm think what it means to "become American" when there is no ONE way to be American. We are not all the same in any way.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
It is "just some words", which is why anyone can pray in school if they want. Just like meat being prayed over before it reaches your plate, nobody in school is making YOU listen to their words or say any prayers along with them. That would be illegal.
Really, if you want to debate you can't lie to make a point. It make you look silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies