Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 12:27 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Those who have already surrendered their rights, have nothing to lose.

Frankly, the simplest question unasked:
"Where can I find the clause in the U.S. Constitution that authorizes warrantless searches of people?"

Perhaps they draw their authority from the continuous "State of Emergency", first declared in 1933.
If so, please remind the people what the basis of that emergency is.
When was the last time TSA caught a terrorist? (they are playing a great poker hand and are bluffing their way through)

When was the last time TSA's questionable integrity was brought up as a serious problem? (most seen reported are those with prosthetic limbs, pacemakers, children)

Who gives the TSA the power to overwrite the 4th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution? (the people who are sheeples)

There isn't a clause in the U.S. Constitution that authorizes warrantless searches of people, however, I'm sure we would find legislature that overrides our Bill of Rights. (our security from the federal government, check with recent supreme court decisions to find breaches of integrity in those rights)

"The warrantless eavesdropping is absolutely necessary They do no harm. They do a great deal of good." Senator Rockefeller (replace eavesdropping with warrantless searches.)

When was the last time we had a peaceful assembly and the American people voiced the firing of TSA? See, that's what I thought.

The worlds countries are in a state of emergency. What other country(s) are people having this same problem? And see that's another thought.

Then ask yourself the final question, does the American government really have the people of the United States best interest in mind, when they allow certain things go on that are totally innate?

We the government of the united states in order to form...and the we the people of the united states will continue to look the other way in hopes they will come to their senses soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 10:46 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
Those who have already surrendered their rights, have nothing to lose.

Frankly, the simplest question unasked:
"Where can I find the clause in the U.S. Constitution that authorizes warrantless searches of people?"

Perhaps they draw their authority from the continuous "State of Emergency", first declared in 1933.
If so, please remind the people what the basis of that emergency is.
I am suppose to be flying on Thursday. I say suppose to because I will not allow a complete stranger to view my nude body "virtual imaging" or otherwise and I most certainly will not allow a stranger to put their hands where I only allow my doctor and my husband to touch me. As far as I'm concerned it IS a violation to my rights. If they want a bomb dogs to sniff me, fine. If they want to run a wand around me thats fine too. I draw the line at nude imaging and physical contact in areas that would draw an assault charge at anyplace but the airport. Enough is enough! If I don't fly, I'll be joining the lawsuit.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:29 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
When was the last time TSA caught a terrorist? (they are playing a great poker hand and are bluffing their way through)

When was the last time TSA's questionable integrity was brought up as a serious problem? (most seen reported are those with prosthetic limbs, pacemakers, children)

Who gives the TSA the power to overwrite the 4th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution? (the people who are sheeples)

There isn't a clause in the U.S. Constitution that authorizes warrantless searches of people, however, I'm sure we would find legislature that overrides our Bill of Rights. (our security from the federal government, check with recent supreme court decisions to find breaches of integrity in those rights)

"The warrantless eavesdropping is absolutely necessary They do no harm. They do a great deal of good." Senator Rockefeller (replace eavesdropping with warrantless searches.)

When was the last time we had a peaceful assembly and the American people voiced the firing of TSA? See, that's what I thought.

The worlds countries are in a state of emergency. What other country(s) are people having this same problem? And see that's another thought.

Then ask yourself the final question, does the American government really have the people of the United States best interest in mind, when they allow certain things go on that are totally innate?

We the government of the united states in order to form...and the we the people of the united states will continue to look the other way in hopes they will come to their senses soon.
Are you sure you are one of the "people of the United States" mentioned in the Preamble?
Or are you one of the "people of the United States of America" served by the "people of the United States"?
(It's not a trick question. But is easily answered by reading Articles I, II of Confederation, 1777.)

Old 01-10-2011, 05:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The point of having a TSA inflicting continuous humiliation on people needing to fly is not to protect them from terrorist attack. It is to keep them frightened. Our government has decided that we need constant reminder that we are under "attack" and cannot afford to maintain any shred of dignity or any concept that individuals have any rights at all. Humiliated and frightened people cannot even think of exerting their right to be left alone and never object to a domestic police state they pay for without any benefit to themselves

I suggest simply refusing to fly commercial airlines. Find some other way of traveling or simply don’t go.

Last edited by GregW; 01-10-2011 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: spll chak

Old 01-10-2011, 06:45 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The terrorists have won. I am ashamed to be call myself an American now after watching my fellow country men surrender their freedoms without a whimper cause they are scared little rabbits.
Renounce your citizenship and move to Mexico and enjoy their hospitality

Old 01-10-2011, 09:03 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,986,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
I am suppose to be flying on Thursday. I say suppose to because I will not allow a complete stranger to view my nude body "virtual imaging" or otherwise and I most certainly will not allow a stranger to put their hands where I only allow my doctor and my husband to touch me. As far as I'm concerned it IS a violation to my rights. If they want a bomb dogs to sniff me, fine. If they want to run a wand around me thats fine too. I draw the line at nude imaging and physical contact in areas that would draw an assault charge at anyplace but the airport. Enough is enough! If I don't fly, I'll be joining the lawsuit.
You need to get organised and push for a repeal of the patriot act as well as the abolition of the Department of Homeland Security and the TSA.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

The terrorists have won.
I am ashamed to be call myself an American now after watching my fellow country men surrender their freedoms without a whimper cause they are scared little rabbits.
We deserve the nightmare we are about to visit.

Let's see what Benjamin Franklin had to say about the matter.

Quote:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

This was written by Franklin, with quotation marks but almost certainly his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin (1818). A variant of this was published as:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
"

This was used as a motto on the title page of An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania. (1759); the book was published by Franklin; its author was Richard Jackson, but Franklin did claim responsibility for some small excerpts that were used in it.
With that in mind I have opted to drive 1,179 miles one way (Tallahassee FL to Omaha, NE) on a business trip to avoid having my rights violated by the gestapo that is Homeland Security. Wasn't all that bad it was 16 1/2 hours door to door on the road vs what would have been 10 hours (maybe more) had I flown. 6 1/2 hours more I will drive every single time.

After a while the airlines will get the hint but I am afraid our current government is to stupid to ever get a hint.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:33 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well, as yet no court has held the TSA policy to be unconstitutional, and at this point anyone who hasn't heard that it is quite possible to be bodily search, in my opinion is asserting their opinion and no constitutional right that I can think of.

until people make the airlines feel it in the pocketbook, the tsa abuses will continue. if you want to go somewhere, then drive and let the airline feel your displeasure by not going on an airline.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:31 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Are you sure you are one of the "people of the United States" mentioned in the Preamble?
Or are you one of the "people of the United States of America" served by the "people of the United States"?
(It's not a trick question. But is easily answered by reading Articles I, II of Confederation, 1777.)
The government is to be servant to the people; I'm served, 'by the people', however, I am in the minority with my views.
Quote:
The Congress was responsible for conducting foreign affairs, declaring war or peace, maintaining an army and navy and a variety of other lesser functions. But the Articles denied Congress the power to collect taxes, regulate interstate commerce and enforce laws.
The Articles of Confederation | Early America's Milestone Historic Documents

Since the federal government is made up of elected (i often wonder) officials, (some appointed by elected) then I must logically conclude, that which they may do that I would disagree with, comes from---'the people' of the United States of America. (that which I have no control over in the changing of their minds, yet a group in which I am a part of)

Let me put it this way. I knew what Obama was just from listening to him speak, even before he took office, I knew he would not be a good thing for America. The mass majority of American's apparently did not get that.

I also understand that the Constitution increases the powers of the federal government and does so by its design. Thus the reason for the document to begin with was so the federal government would have the ability to grow. The federal government has followed suit over the centuries of time. (I don't know that the majority of Americans get that either)

The three branches of government were to be the checks and balances so that in the way, the left hand would not know what the right hand was doing. We've all heard that, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The Bill of Rights was suppose to solve the problem of the federal governments abilities to engage and over step their boundaries of the people, however, the people seem to be willing to give up those rights. Which is why we now have people like the TSA with the ability to overstep boundaries. (although there is recourse through legal injunctions)

When Bush delegated increased powers to Homeland Security, the people had little to no objection to him having done so. Bush signs homeland security bill - CNN Or were they powerless to stop him? When the surveys were taken, the majority of people said, they were willing to give up their rights, for security purposes. Bush set about his days increasing the powers of the federal government. Then the people begin to say in effect, that's not what they had in mind.

Are we powerless to stop the growth of the federal government? Or do we want to stop it?

Since, I may be in the minority with my views, I doubt that I am one, being served by the people at least when the people are seemingly all looking, the other way, as the fed goes about their days business.

And just so we're clear, I'm not so sure I'm one the preamble speaks of, because the majority views and mine are not one in the same.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:35 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,986,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
The three branches of government were to be the checks and balances so that in the way, the left hand would not know what the right hand was doing. We've all heard that, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
The states were actually to be the balance to the federal government. The erosion of state power is the road to tyranny. That is a paraphrase of Thomas Jefferson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies