Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 02:21 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,207,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Look, if these TSA Gestapo tactics are accepted at airports today, they will be used dragging us out of our homes tomorrow. Wake up.
Note in this case the woman did not do *anything* but refuse and did agree to a patdown if they did not touch her breasts, and said she was a rape victum. So for her request and NO hint of personal violence she gets shoved on the ground and dragged out. So, what sort of tactics would you call those. Heaven help the person who loses it and actively resists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 02:37 AM

8,275 posts, read 12,834,623 times
The lemmings follow religiously.... It is sad. and even more so they find no issue with it.

The Constitution is nothing more than a relic of the past.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:57 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,015,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well, as yet no court has held the TSA policy to be unconstitutional, and at this point anyone who hasn't heard that it is quite possible to be bodily search, in my opinion is asserting their opinion and no constitutional right that I can think of.
It's not a matter of waiting for the courts to rule on this. The Constitution pre-empts. It's the law of the land and here it was clearly violated - guilty until proven innocent, held up and physically abused without a charge.

The Constitution is the basic law all our laws are derived from. If someone abridges my rights to being free from prosecution from the federal government for speaking my mind, owning a firearm, or if I am denied speedy and fair trial for a specific charge you can be sure I'll claim Constitutional rights.

We've become a true sheeple over the last decade if we have to wait for a court to declare TSA procedure unconstitutional formally.

I do wish though that more and more people bring in law suits against TSA on Constitutional, criminal and civil charges. Challenging these outrages in court is the first step.

Last edited by wellyouknow; 12-27-2010 at 03:11 AM..

Old 12-27-2010, 03:00 AM

15,755 posts, read 7,562,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Is no one concerned about the loss of our freedom?
No, they're not. Further more, any one standing up for what they believe in, will be shot for their efforts.
It baffles the hell out me.

Personally, I think air travels should be boycotted. But then there's that guy who has to fly around the world on business, or whatever and they put up with it. The right person(s) hasn't been humiliated yet.

Those who don't wish to be humiliated and treated like dirt, they don't play the game. They stay home and save their money, because they know, it's just not worth it.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:20 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,015,175 times
As for the inane "you don't have to fly" arguments - that's just stupid, I make a private transaction with a private airline company for transport when I purchase a ticket for the said transport, not with some obscure thugs at TSA who only obstruct commerce and who never figure in the transaction between me and the airline.

BTW, how come there are no alternatives to TSA? Did they bribe someone in the US government to hold this monopoly?

Old 12-27-2010, 03:47 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,154,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
BTW, how come there are no alternatives to TSA? Did they bribe someone in the US government to hold this monopoly?
They are the government.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:02 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,191,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
On Edit: It isn't that I think that TSA's policies are right or even efficacious, its just as an African American male who when he was younger has had the wondrous(sic) experience of being the subject of a number of so-called Terry Stops so I find it funny when the greater population gets all hot and bothered about having the privilege to enjoy what other citizens have been privileged to enjoy for years.

Just as an illustration, in 2008 I had the opportunity to attend an $25,000 per person Obama fund raiser (no I was giving up that kind of cash but I was invited by the host). Needless to say, everyone there, except me of course, was a multimillionaire, but what I found, again, perversely amusing that none of the invitees had the slightest idea on how to "assume the position" when going through the Secret Service check point, except those, shall we say, of color.
I too, am finding it humorous in a sort of schadenfreude way that something which young men in poor urban areas have endured for decades is now suddenly a violation of constitutional rights when applied to everyone else.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/19/op...RGJM/0dk0V4lHQ

And you don't even have a right to fly on an airline, unlike, say, walk down your neighborhood street.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:42 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,027,008 times
I haven't flown this year, but out of the thousands and thousands who did....there are a handful of people who have stories in the news. I think they booked a ticket with a plan. I refuse to fall for it.
For folks to believe that TSA is actually feeling people off at the airport is a ridiculous concept. If you don't want to play by the safety rules, book a bus ticket.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:34 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,077,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
You have the option of being examined (scan and/or patdown) or not flying.
You can walk away before you start the security process. But once you start you cannot back off and walk away 1/2 way through. That is just what a terrorist would do if he started the process then realized he was going to be discovered.

LOL! That is exactly NOT what a terrorist would do. IF a terrorist thought they were not going to be able to detonate an IED on the plane they're trying to get on, they would detonate it RIGHT THERE! What better way to create mass chaos, panic and inflict death upon dozens of people vs. just turning around and doing nothing if there was a chance at discovery. That is simply contrary to his/her purpose and goal.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:32 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,175,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

The terrorists have won.
I am ashamed to be call myself an American now after watching my fellow country men surrender their freedoms without a whimper cause they are scared little rabbits.
The article certainly implied whimpering on her part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies