Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 01:12 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times

Advertisements

The issue is much simpler than this latest evidence.

The real and actual climate changes occurring throughout our solar system suggest that 1) it is not man causing climate change on earth ... or 2) men are on Mars and Venus and Saturn, and Pluto burning too much fossil fuels, consuming too much red meat ... and just plain breathing to much.

Of course, the third alternative is that the politicos just want another excuse to steal your money? Nah, they wouldn't do that, would they They wouldn't engage in fraudulent fear mongering to raise your taxes ... everybody knows that if you raise taxes, the climate automatically returns to normal ... the more taxes ... the quicker it gets fixed?

I swear, some people love making a sunny day bad news. tis' very profitable for a few, and seems all too easy to foist such nonsense on the masses of sheeple that will BUY ANY STORY put in front of them.

The World is knee deep in snow .... yet the polar bears are drowning? Hahahaha ... you just have to laugh ... ice sickles hanging from their noses ... the fools are buying suntan lotion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 03:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty1 View Post
Im merely going after the credibility of the site/author. Would you take advice from someone that does not have a degree in law or medicine? I didnt think so. This is just some joe blow trying to make a name for himself while pushing a biased agenda.
I would prefer to take advice about coal mining from a miner over that of a man with a law or medical degree. How about you?

Old 12-27-2010, 04:40 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,326,760 times
Why are people so against accepting climate change? I can agree that there is a lot of political spin, hyperbole and the like, but for crying out loud, every action has a reaction. We can't introduce something like the automobile and industry without having some kind of effect.

Just look at the smog cloud that hangs out over big cities - that has no effect whatsoever? If our cars and industry are so harmless why don't we inhale right from the exhaust pipes on our cars, or take a big whiff of the stuff coming out of the smoke-stack?

It's beyond asinine to assume that these things will have no reaction whatsoever - especially on the massive scale that cars and industry are used.

Don't get me wrong, I'm skeptical of just about anything a politician says, especially the scary end-of-the-world stuff. But I'm not about to accept that our human action has no repercussions.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:59 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
A hockey stick is a hockey stick is a hockey stick is a.......ad nauseum.

And hockey sticks are ALL manufactured by man.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm skeptical of just about anything a politician says, especially the scary end-of-the-world stuff. But I'm not about to accept that our human action has no repercussions.
You may believe what you wish and can therefore send your whole fortune to Algore and Maurice Strong if you wish. I'm sure they could use another drop in their buckets.

I prefer to keep mine, thank you.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:07 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
If the global warming idea is a scare tactic devised to rob you of your money, why don't those who agree with that assessment reach the same conclusion about terrorism, that it is also a scare tactic and a method to divert trillions of dollars to the elite few?

I believe in the latter but I have a hard time with the former. I believe man has altered the planet in extraordinarily damaging ways, many of which may be difficult to discern or may be too slow to recognize. Most, however, are pretty obvious. We have influenced the oceans (plastic 'dead zones' that stretch as large as Texas), the land (clearcutting, mountaintop removal, fracking), and the atmosphere. Instead of devoting so much energy to debating whether climate change is real or fiction, we should more generally accept that mankind has indeed done damage to the planet and let that ugly truth guide our actions.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If the global warming idea is a scare tactic devised to rob you of your money, why don't those who agree with that assessment reach the same conclusion about terrorism, that it is also a scare tactic and a method to divert trillions of dollars to the elite few?

I believe in the latter but I have a hard time with the former. I believe man has altered the planet in extraordinarily damaging ways, many of which may be difficult to discern or may be too slow to recognize. Most, however, are pretty obvious. We have influenced the oceans (plastic 'dead zones' that stretch as large as Texas), the land (clearcutting, mountaintop removal, fracking), and the atmosphere. Instead of devoting so much energy to debating whether climate change is real or fiction, we should more generally accept that mankind has indeed done damage to the planet and let that ugly truth guide our actions.
Bearing in mind........it's not the non believers that was/is cooking the data to support their beliefs.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:36 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Default Science beyond the politics of science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkzNm...ayer_embedded#

Old 12-27-2010, 07:29 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,326,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
You may believe what you wish and can therefore send your whole fortune to Algore and Maurice Strong if you wish. I'm sure they could use another drop in their buckets.

I prefer to keep mine, thank you.
I never said I took the Gore side (I actually kind of denounced him with the whole bit about not believing politicians). I simply stated that all actions have reactions, and introducing something like the automobile and industry are bound to have reactions. What's so unbelievable about that?

Old 12-29-2010, 02:10 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
I never said I took the Gore side (I actually kind of denounced him with the whole bit about not believing politicians). I simply stated that all actions have reactions, and introducing something like the automobile and industry are bound to have reactions. What's so unbelievable about that?
There is nothing unbelievable about cause and effect ... we are surrounded by examples of it every day. I start a pot of coffee every morning and 10 minutes later, I'm drinking a cup.

But simply guessing, or assuming that because automobiles must have an effect, you therefore accept the idea that this effect is indeed threatening to destroy the planet and result in tidal waves and melting ice caps, isn't very logical, nor is it remotely scientific. In fact, it's rather idiotic.

The reality is that climate is a complex system, driving by the Sun ... as it has always been. Green house gasses ... of which water vapor makes up close to 97% is part of that system, it is the primary green house gas, with CO2 making up a minuscule 2.5 % of the total green house gases ... and human activity contributing only a small fraction of that tiny 2.5%.

What the scientist was saying in the previous video is the truth ... CO2 does nothing to effect climate ... but is simply a result of climate. As the earth warms in a natural cycle ... CO2 is released into the atmosphere from the oceans which make up 70% of the earth's surface. As the planet cools in it's natural cycle, the oceans absorb and retain more CO2.

Human activity cannot possibly affect the climate by generating excess CO2 ... because CO2 doesn't drive climate ... plain and simple.

In fact, the higher the CO2 levels the better. The more CO2, the more abundant life is on the planet ... plant life flourishes, proving food for all life to thrive. Without CO2, the vegetation would die off ...and since that vegetation produces the oxygen we and other animals breath, and is a source of the food we eat ... all life would die.

The very idea of eliminating CO2 is shear lunacy ... and simply shows that there is no idea too stupid for human beings to be convinced to embrace ... including their own self destruction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies