Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 03:01 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Disputing the scientific agreement on AGW is one thing, arguing the "solutions" to it is another.

Of course on the other hand, I can see how it might be kinda easier to just go with the whole "global conspiracy" route..... "O-o-oh, it'll mean One World guvmint, we'll lose national sovereignty, and the right to endlessly trash the air and the water and the land. Heck, it'll mean my job, my gas-guzzling SUV, my boat, my ATV, my idiot kid's 4X4.... damm, it'll mean mah whole trailer-trash way of life!!

It will also mean you better have plenty of land if you ever hope to feed, clothe and house your family - no viable alternative and we all become subsistence farmers again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 03:06 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and the liberal mantra of ..".our solution is a TAX"

and you dont think there is some conspiracy???

funny how the AGW people all they talk about is taxes, and fees...and ......not solutions.....hmmmm

agw= snake oil
DING DING DING!

You've hit the nail on the head.

But hey, they do like to PRETEND redistribution IS the solution.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
A hockey stick is a hockey stick is a hockey stick is a.......ad nauseum.

And hockey sticks are ALL manufactured by man.
I love Minnesotans For Global Warming and their Mann-Made Hockey Stick. I asked Santa for one, but alas, no hockey stick under the tree for me.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:21 PM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Ok, maybe it isn't going to raise water levels or create rises in temperature. But as I said before, if our cars and industry are so harmless, why don't you take in a deep breath right off the exhaust pipe, or get a good whiff of the stuff coming out of the local smokestack. Then take that and multiply it by a few hundred million. Our human activity is also far, FAR from harmless.
How about this ... why don't you stop with the silly statements ... and start looking at the actions of the propagandists, instead of their propaganda?

You can start by recognizing that the re-engineering of the entire food chain through Genetically Modified Organisms is threatening the human and animal species alike? How about taking a look at the actions of BP and our criminal government and recognize that the two have committed the greatest act of environmental terrorism and damage in all of human history? How about taking a close look at Europe that looks to be entering a new mini ice age while you talk about global warming and sucking on exhaust pipes?

Or is that too much to ask?

Old 12-29-2010, 04:27 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Ok, maybe it isn't going to raise water levels or create rises in temperature. But as I said before, if our cars and industry are so harmless, why don't you take in a deep breath right off the exhaust pipe, or get a good whiff of the stuff coming out of the local smokestack. Then take that and multiply it by a few hundred million. Our human activity is also far, FAR from harmless.
Brilliant logic there, though let me point out a flaw.

If we use that as a template, then let us also talk about the extreme toxic nature of water. What? Water isn't toxic? Why sir! I beg to differ and shall challenge you to a test!

Go out and drink 3-4 gallons of water in less than 30-40 mins! Why sir, you will agree with me after such as if your life depended on it, and dear sir, it most certainly will. In fact, you will find that you are "dead" wrong in your position, literally!

So, if water is so harmless, why don't you go do that! You see dear sir, water is far from harmless and we should put extensive taxes on it so we can try to limit its consumption, you know... to save the world!!

Old 12-29-2010, 04:40 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
If you check the source used by the OP there are precious few references used by the source's author.

The whole idea that carbon dioxide is a bad thing for the environment is idiotic. Everyone should know after finishing 6th grade science that plants need carbon dioxide to grow and that plants create oxygen. Why would we want to create less carbon dioxide? It is critical to existence of mammals on earth.

Secondly if we are talking about pollution, it is the factories that have done the most damage as far as that is concerned. However, now that manufacturing has gone overseas. There is no reason WHATSOEVER that we should be saddled with ANY GREEN tax or energy or carbon tax. It is just ANOTHER that SCAMthe corporate and goverment elites think they can get away with to get us to separate with even more of our money. WE have to tell them. "N - O!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6bek...eature=related

Old 12-29-2010, 05:27 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Disputing the scientific agreement on AGW is one thing, arguing the "solutions" to it is another.

Of course on the other hand, I can see how it might be kinda easier to just go with the whole "global conspiracy" route..... "O-o-oh, it'll mean One World guvmint, we'll lose national sovereignty, and the right to endlessly trash the air and the water and the land. Heck, it'll mean my job, my gas-guzzling SUV, my boat, my ATV, my idiot kid's 4X4.... damm, it'll prolly mean mah whole trailer-trash way of life!!
You do realize that the AGW crowd at the United Nations wants the Western nations to pay billions to other less advanced nations, as a form of payment to offset climate debt. Your being sarcastic, but you hit the nail on the head about the world-wide conspiracy to steal/redistribute wealth.

Naomi Klein: It is in this context that we see a growing movement from the developing countries that really are on the front lines of climate change, saying that the rich world that created the climate crisis owes them a debt, owes them a tangible reparations for the creation of this crisis. In addition to this, they are saying the rich world, the G-8 countries, the industrialized countries, should pay for the costs, the huge costs, that poor countries face in adapting to climate change.

Naomi Klein on Climate Debt: Why Rich Countries Should Pay Reparations to Poor Countries for the Climate Crisis

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 12-29-2010, 06:45 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Well geez, if it's a conspiracy just to get money, I can think of lots of easier ways to do it, besides getting all those cranky research groups & scientists to first agree to it (and in nearly every country), not to mention getting the cooperation of all the countries that would be "owing" the aforementioned reparations! And how do you keep that many people "silent" anyway?!

Nah, if I wanted to have a global plan to steal money from the world, it would have to be much simpler to implement than all that, and who better to study than those "masters" at it... the BANKS! ;-p

Old 12-29-2010, 08:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Brilliant logic there, though let me point out a flaw.

If we use that as a template, then let us also talk about the extreme toxic nature of water. What? Water isn't toxic? Why sir! I beg to differ and shall challenge you to a test!

Go out and drink 3-4 gallons of water in less than 30-40 mins! Why sir, you will agree with me after such as if your life depended on it, and dear sir, it most certainly will. In fact, you will find that you are "dead" wrong in your position, literally!

So, if water is so harmless, why don't you go do that! You see dear sir, water is far from harmless and we should put extensive taxes on it so we can try to limit its consumption, you know... to save the world!!
Dang, you're on a roll today. Rep you if I could.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:53 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Well geez, if it's a conspiracy just to get money, I can think of lots of easier ways to do it, besides getting all those cranky research groups & scientists to first agree to it (and in nearly every country), not to mention getting the cooperation of all the countries that would be "owing" the aforementioned reparations! And how do you keep that many people "silent" anyway?!

Nah, if I wanted to have a global plan to steal money from the world, it would have to be much simpler to implement than all that, and who better to study than those "masters" at it... the BANKS! ;-p
It also fits neatly into the mentality of the liberal mindset that blames the evil white Europeans for everything, with America right at the top of the list.

former VP, al Gore left office in 2000, he was worth about $300,000, today he is worth few hundred million dollars, and all he has done is peddle his man-made global warming scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies