Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Unless absolutely necessary will you stop flying due to the radiation and or groping that you will b
Yes, I will reconsider some flights 40 50.63%
No, though I don't like it, the extra radiation and body scan won't deter me at all 8 10.13%
No, though I don't like it, the optional body groping will not deter me 8 10.13%
No, I really don't mind the body scanning and/or groping 23 29.11%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 01:50 AM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, I believe in science and facts. For example, I believe the government is wrong about man made global warming, the science doesn't support them. I believe the anti vaccine types are nuts who ingnore the facts. Ditto for the xray fear mongers.
Let's clarify ... do you believe the government is just "wrong" about global warming ... or "lying" about it? Given that they've been CAUGHT LYING about it, the question is rhetorical, but an important distinction none-the-less, and pertinent to the conversation.

The security measures being employed by the TSA is a similar fraud against the public, because these actions have nothing whatsoever to do with ensuring security. That is just the pretext for them to establish the precedent and get you used to accepting Nazi style tyranny as normal. It's one very carefully calculated, psychological conditioning program ... because in the minds of government, YOU are the big security threat ... not A-hab the A-Rab.

They are already running these random screening and searches in subway systems and train stations and bus stations, in selected test locations. And this is all about sticking a thermometer in the public's rear end to take their temperature ... to see just how far they can go ... how much intolerable treatment the public is willing to tolerate.

So far, it looks like Uncle Sam has a submissive population of lemmings on their hands, and the decades old fluoridation program seems to have been worth the efforts and expense. There seems to be no indignity to which the public won't submit, and amazingly, some who actually applaud it and defend it.

Being around for the past several decades, and watching the slow boil of tyranny unfold ... I really can't believe my eyes. If I were to have told people 30 years ago about what we see happening today, they would have laughed at me and called me a conspiracy nutcase ... that such tyranny would never happen in the ole USA ... and that freedom loving, liberty minded folks would never put up with such nonsense.

Well, guess what .... they did laugh at me ... and now, they aren't laughing so much anymore.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:09 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
they would have laughed at me and called me a conspiracy nutcase ... that such tyranny would never happen in the ole USA ... and that freedom loving, liberty minded folks would never put up with such nonsense.
Yes, I would have called you a conspiracy nut then. Very regretably, I know better now.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:14 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yes, I would have called you a conspiracy nut then. Very regretably, I know better now.
He was a conspiracy nut then and is one now. Relax Francis, the government is far too dysfunctional to try and control me. And there is no unifying ideological theme between administrations to support such wingnuttery. If we had a Chavez type for a leader your thoughts may have some validity.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:36 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
He was a conspiracy nut then and is one now. Relax Francis, the government is far too dysfunctional to try and control me. And there is no unifying ideological theme between administrations to support such wingnuttery. If we had a Chavez type for a leader your thoughts may have some validity.
Our Government isn't run by "leaders".

It is a machine with no accountability.

"Leaders" can be deposed, or killed, but not machines.

The machine is running the same course under Obama as it did under Dumbhead.

This is why it doesn't matter if Sarah Palin gets elected.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:50 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Our Government isn't run by "leaders".

It is a machine with no accountability.

"Leaders" can be deposed, or killed, but not machines.

The machine is running the same course under Obama as it did under Dumbhead.

This is why it doesn't matter if Sarah Palin gets elected.
LOL yes the terminator is running the country!

Now where did I put my tin foil hat....

Old 12-30-2010, 12:13 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Tyranny? What Tyranny? (as the TSA agent sticks their hands down your pants). It's all a conspiracy theory.

No unifying ideological theme? How about Wall Street looting ... how about endless wars in Iraq, Afghanistan ..... how about forced healthcare ... expansion of the IRS .... more Taxes .... re-authorization of the Patriot Act ... expansion of "Homeland Security" ... BP ownership of the Gulf of Mexico .... continued push for CO2 regulation ... Food "Safety" bill .... Internet Kill Switch .... refusing to protect the borders and suing Arizona for tying to ...

Too dysfunctional to control you? You can't even manage a coherent thought of your own. You are so controlled, you think all of these things are signs of liberty!

The Unifying theory you seem to be missing is that you are a SHEEP .. being herded and fleeced ... and like a sheep ... don't even see it. You think this fleecing is for your own good ... get rid of all of that excess wool, so you'll be more comfortable ... global warming, you know?

Looks like to me you have YOUR tinfoil hat pulled down over your eyes.

PS: You didn't answer the question .... did the government get it wrong ... or did they lie about global warming?

Old 12-30-2010, 12:16 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Will it prevent some air trips that you would have otherwise chosen?
The first time a plane blows up everybody will be asking what we could have done to save lives and blame Obama. I'll skip the radiation, and opt for the groping instead.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:33 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The first time a plane blows up everybody will be asking what we could have done to save lives and blame Obama. I'll skip the radiation, and opt for the groping instead.
Yes, they ARE going to blow one up, now, aren't they?

We all know who THEY are.

I don't see any way to reverse back from Prison Planet since BushCo's launch.

Well, except for one thing - repeal the Patriot Act and restore the Constitution.

Reverse thrust!

Last edited by ergohead; 12-30-2010 at 01:25 PM..

Old 12-30-2010, 12:56 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,737,711 times
Quote:
Hysteria along the lines of the flat earther anti vaccine types.
You are calling scientists, physics professors and experts in biochemistry, imaging, X-rays and cancer research - 'flat earther and anti vaccine types'?
Shows how little you know.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
LOL yes the terminator is running the country!

Now where did I put my tin foil hat....
Dang! When are they going to get a REAL one-finger-wave smiley?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies