Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 09:40 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times

Advertisements

I don't think this topic could be directed at a certain race, or a certain religion. There are those in life, who have come to be dependent on others, for their misfortunes. As long as their is ready help such as Welfare, this is better then no help at all. But what a sad way of thinking!~ Welfare is no option or should never be, when thinking of having a baby. It is hard enough in todays world, to take care of yourself, never mind a baby. Is this fair to the baby, but there is a class of People who are dependent on others, and as long as others are there to lend that welfare hand, these people will continue to have babies, and this vicious cycle shall continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 09:52 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
I can't understand why anyone breeds.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:06 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Biologically, whether poor or not, the male mates with the female. Babies are often seen as gifts from God even though the impetus of their creation is quite voluntary. So many just say it's God's work. A very difficult belief to argue to say the least. *****Warning...generalization to follow*****

In less educated, poorer places, the same biology takes place with less, or no, consideration for the long term challenges that come with children. More thought is usually given to the process in more affluent, educated places. Perhaps a reason why poorer areas, including so-called third world ones, have higher birth rates.

At the same time, affluence creates its own issues. Entitlement and priviledge often spoil the fruit so-to-speak. Welfare is only one aspect of this scenario.
The more children you have in the 3rd world, the better off you are. It's not the same. More help in the fields, more money from older children in the city, more chances for your child to go get an education.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:08 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
Aren't conservatives that constantly "dis" the poor also "pro-life?" Stating, "If you can't feed do not breed," doesn't sound very pro-life now, does it?
Not all conservatives are the same. I consider having a child you can't afford and then collecting government handouts for 18 years to be worse than abortion. That being said abortion should not be used as birth control which is why I favor sterilization.

To those who jumped to the conclusion that my views are based on expecting perfection from everyone in the human race...you are wrong. Nobody's perfect and I don't expect them to be. That doesn't make it right for someone to bring a child into this world they can't afford and then have taxpayers (and the printing press) support the child. That is beyond imperfect, it is wrong and unethical on many different levels.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:09 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I always went to the Heath Department and got my pills for free.

The condoms were free too.
I wonder what the numbers of per capita are by income group as well as clinics per capita.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:31 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Not all conservatives are the same. I consider having a child you can't afford and then collecting government handouts for 18 years to be worse than abortion. That being said abortion should not be used as birth control which is why I favor sterilization.
I consider that to be rather barbaric to kill a human being simply because you don't want to pay for them.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:22 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I can't understand why anyone breeds.
Me either.....

Old 12-29-2010, 12:23 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
I wonder what the numbers of per capita are by income group as well as clinics per capita.
Around here there is one in each county.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
I recently read that there is a childhood poverty epedemic with 1 out of 5 U.S children living in poverty. Now I realize the economy has been bad for quite some time. I'm sure there are a great number of parents who were doing fine when their children were born and have since fallen on hard times. I feel compassion for them.

However I feel contempt towards parent(s) who are dirt poor, still decide to bring children into this world, and then go on every welfare program from A to Z. These parents are not victims. They are not only responsible for their personal situation they are also to blame for our nations exploding deficit disaster.

I just wish we would address this problem with solutions such as cutting off welfare, forced adoption, forced sterilization etc.

If you can't feed do not breed.
Wow, you would fit right in 1930's Germany.
Casper

Old 12-29-2010, 12:30 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
I recently read that there is a childhood poverty epedemic with 1 out of 5 U.S children living in poverty. Now I realize the economy has been bad for quite some time. I'm sure there are a great number of parents who were doing fine when their children were born and have since fallen on hard times. I feel compassion for them.

However I feel contempt towards parent(s) who are dirt poor, still decide to bring children into this world, and then go on every welfare program from A to Z. These parents are not victims. They are not only responsible for their personal situation they are also to blame for our nations exploding deficit disaster.

I just wish we would address this problem with solutions such as cutting off welfare, forced adoption, forced sterilization etc.

If you can't feed do not breed.

What about those who could afford to breed & had something devastating happen to them & their circumstances & then became poor?

I am beginning to believe there are better things we could 'cut off' on certain folks to address certain problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies