Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 12:20 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
So who are the worst offenders, the evil keyboard people or the people who bring children into the world to live in poverty? Why would anyone think it normal to bring a child into the world, with no intention of giving the child up for adoption, to live an impovershed life?
The "evil keyboard people"? Sounds like a bad Sci-Fi program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 09:10 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
That's what I would have thought. But as you can see from this thread it's the liberals who are anti-sterilization, Liberals have changed. At one time they, like most Americans, would have not approved of people bringing children in the world that they can't afford to support. Now that's totally acceptable to them, They want more welfare cases. Maybe their motive is more future Democrat voters?

I do not agree. Liberals are for abortion, even government paid abortion, for low income...........conservatives are against it.

Liberals are for free/low cost BC for those with low incomes.........conservatives are against it.

Liberals are for MANDATORY sex education in the schools.......conservatives are against it.

Liberals are for minors being able to easily obtain birth control/abortions WITHOUT parental consent..........conservatives are against it. {most teen mothers end up on welfare}

So, which group is really enabling the addition of mothers and children to the welfare rolls? Librals/Dems or conservatives/Reps ??

Most liberals {not this one} would be against offering monetary incentives for voluntary sterilization..........but, most conservatives would also be against the practice........ because it is going against God's Law.

Now, as much as all of us hate supporting women with 4, 6, 8 welfare babies.......and as good as the idea of being able to cut them off sounds......it will never happen in America..........we would literally have starving, fly covered children begging in the streets...........and no one, liberal or conservative, is going to allow that to happen.

No one, liberal or conservative, is going to allow the government to forcibly take these children away from the parents so the government can feed and care for them..............and for every child you take away..........they will just have another one to replace it.

The ONLY way to attack this problem is at the root........lower the birth rate.

The ONLY chance we have of lowering the birthrate, is education and easy access/free birth control and abortion for the poor and teenagers............the things I listed above........the things CONSERVATIVES do not want to do.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Humans are selfish.

If they knew they'd automatically be killing their offspring to get pregnant because they'd be offered no help they might still do it, once.

If they knew they'd immediately be taking food out of their own mouths just to feed their offspring without any help at all from a government, they wouldn't do it.

Since they know they have no consequences for idiotic actions they commit those actions over and over.

Government is the little old lady that sits a can of food outside her door every night and then wonders why they became the cat lady.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Humans are selfish.

If they knew they'd automatically be killing their offspring to get pregnant because they'd be offered no help they might still do it, once.

If they knew they'd immediately be taking food out of their own mouths just to feed their offspring without any help at all from a government, they wouldn't do it.

Since they know they have no consequences for idiotic actions they commit those actions over and over.

Government is the little old lady that sits a can of food outside her door every night and then wonders why they became the cat lady.
But........THIS cat lady would snatch them up, one by one, take them to the vet and get them fixed!

Old 01-04-2011, 09:55 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,406 times
End welfare...create decent paying jobs!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:49 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I do not agree. Liberals are for abortion, even government paid abortion, for low income...........conservatives are against it.

Liberals are for free/low cost BC for those with low incomes.........conservatives are against it.

Liberals are for MANDATORY sex education in the schools.......conservatives are against it.

Liberals are for minors being able to easily obtain birth control/abortions WITHOUT parental consent..........conservatives are against it. {most teen mothers end up on welfare}

So, which group is really enabling the addition of mothers and children to the welfare rolls? Librals/Dems or conservatives/Reps ??

Most liberals {not this one} would be against offering monetary incentives for voluntary sterilization..........but, most conservatives would also be against the practice........ because it is going against God's Law.

Now, as much as all of us hate supporting women with 4, 6, 8 welfare babies.......and as good as the idea of being able to cut them off sounds......it will never happen in America..........we would literally have starving, fly covered children begging in the streets...........and no one, liberal or conservative, is going to allow that to happen.

No one, liberal or conservative, is going to allow the government to forcibly take these children away from the parents so the government can feed and care for them..............and for every child you take away..........they will just have another one to replace it.

The ONLY way to attack this problem is at the root........lower the birth rate.

The ONLY chance we have of lowering the birthrate, is education and easy access/free birth control and abortion for the poor and teenagers............the things I listed above........the things CONSERVATIVES do not want to do.
A lot of hog wash.
SEX ed? Everyone gets it and no one is against it. What people are against is teaching that its ok for minors to have sex, or teaching sexual techniques.
Lets face the facts. If people are having sex then they already know where babies come from and why.
Birth control. Its available to all and has been for a very long time. Once again its about choice. How much do condoms cost? Certainly less than the bottle of cheap wine bought ilegally by minors to loosen up before the deed. Yeah I was 16 once too.
Minors receiving medical treatment. As a parent I need to know what has been done to my child and why. I can't fix a problem if I am kept in the dark about the problem. Not to mention what if it was statutory rape?
Forced sterilization. maybe Catholic conservatives would be against it but I don't know any.
If anything it would be the libs who are against (Forced) sterilization on the grounds of infringment of rights.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:45 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,163 times
Children born to the poor happens for a variety of reasons. The poor are much more likely to be poorly educated as well and tend to "live in the moment." Sex comes to be seen as a recreational activity rather than a procreational one and long term consequences seldom come into play in the heat of the moment. In some cases babies are being born to young girls who see their babies as objects who will love them when no one else does. Sometimes the cost of birth control seem out of reach financially (as if having and raising a child is cheap). Sometimes the poor mothers just assume that the "state" will step in and pay for medical care and welfare so "why not?" Often poor parents have no real expectations for their children other than that they grow up and go to work so having more wage earners in the family is seen as a plus (when you don't ever expect to have to provide a college education for your kids you can do with less). I know these are just generalizations and I don't have hard and fast statistics to support them but at the end of the day I do think that sheer carelessness accounts for a lot of unplanned births in poor families.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
A lot of hog wash.
SEX ed? Everyone gets it and no one is against it. What people are against is teaching that its ok for minors to have sex, or teaching sexual techniques.
Lets face the facts. If people are having sex then they already know where babies come from and why.
Birth control. Its available to all and has been for a very long time. Once again its about choice. How much do condoms cost? Certainly less than the bottle of cheap wine bought ilegally by minors to loosen up before the deed. Yeah I was 16 once too.
Minors receiving medical treatment. As a parent I need to know what has been done to my child and why. I can't fix a problem if I am kept in the dark about the problem. Not to mention what if it was statutory rape?
Forced sterilization. maybe Catholic conservatives would be against it but I don't know any.
If anything it would be the libs who are against (Forced) sterilization on the grounds of infringment of rights.

Reading Comprehension 101..............who mentioned "forced" sterilization?

Old 01-04-2011, 03:18 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
A girl I knew said the reason she kept getting pregant was that she couldnt afford birth control. Says a lot about the mentality there. I guess she didnt understand that providing for a child is alot more than the cost of a montly pill.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:57 PM

352 posts, read 187,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I recently read that there is a childhood poverty epedemic with 1 out of 5 U.S children living in poverty. Now I realize the economy has been bad for quite some time. I'm sure there are a great number of parents who were doing fine when their children were born and have since fallen on hard times. I feel compassion for them.

However I feel contempt towards parent(s) who are dirt poor, still decide to bring children into this world, and then go on every welfare program from A to Z. These parents are not victims. They are not only responsible for their personal situation they are also to blame for our nations exploding deficit disaster.

I just wish we would address this problem with solutions such as cutting off welfare, forced adoption, forced sterilization etc.

If you can't feed do not breed.
You are asking for responsibility from those known for being grossly irresponsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies