Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 01:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My point is Obama is the only one that should have the documentation to clear this up.

However, when you have his wife state that Kenya is his home country, there are questions.

Michelle Obama

When you have this on NPR before is was scrubbed, there are questions.

When you have this in the Kenyan newspapers when he became Senator of Illinois back in 2004, there are questions.

Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate

When you have this from a random travel publication, there are questions.

SECURITY CONCERNS FOR TOURISM AS SENATOR OBAMA JETS INTO KENYA (scroll down about 1/8 of the window)
Had TheWon delivered his famous speech at the Democrat National Convention when this was published? Maybe some things changed after he made that speech. I bet lots of things did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 01:52 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I still don't care what his BC says but I would surely like to see a copy of his enrollment forms at Occidental College. I think that the real proof of his citizenship can be found there or he lied on it to get a scholarship that was available for Indonesian citizens.

I would also like to see some of his records from Columbia. Why did he freeze us away from things like along with his birth certificate? He could satisfy me by explaining why he did that.
More to the point a FOIA request for his mother's passport would put the matter to rest. Where mama was on that fateful day so was baby BO.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:55 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
I guess unless you have read that part of the Constitution you won't believe that it says if they all do it then he has to and vice versa. You are trying to state what you think as law. All those others weren't born in the US in that those born in the colonies weren't but that is mentioned in the Constitution. All born after the US became an independent country were legal natural born citizens and the voters in their states accepted it up to the time they took office.

Let me put it this way: Did Carter and Bush have to produce the long form of their BC or not? Is there a law that says the short form is not enough?

Old 12-28-2010, 01:58 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
I still don't care what his BC says but I would surely like to see a copy of his enrollment forms at Occidental College. I think that the real proof of his citizenship can be found there or he lied on it to get a scholarship that was available for Indonesian citizens.
How nice for you.

Too bad it has nothing to do with Presidential eligibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
I would also like to see some of his records from Columbia. Why did he freeze us away from things like along with his birth certificate? He could satisfy me by explaining why he did that.
Life is just filled with little disappointments.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

Let me put it this way: Did Carter and Bush have to produce the long form of their BC or not? Is there a law that says the short form is not enough?
Of course they didn't. They had a history and a life that was WELL DOCUMENTED, a paper trail so to speak from their youth to adulthood.

Obama had/has none of that. None of his "paperwork", documents, school records, college records, law application....NONE of that has been released.

Do you DENY this?

Old 12-28-2010, 02:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
How nice for you.

Too bad it has nothing to do with Presidential eligibility.

Life is just filled with little disappointments.
If he filled out a scholarship application, stating he was a citizen of Indonesia, that would confirm he is a liar at the very least and ineligible.

What do you think of the 3 liberals as well as the Gov of Hawaii reopening the can of worms?

Old 12-28-2010, 02:00 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Aha, the Dude finally says that at least one case isn't like all the rest.
"Finally?" Where have you been?

Quote:
That is kind of like saying that just because no men who weren't natural born and therefore, Constitutional ever served in that office before just one won't make any difference.
Huh?

Quote:
You don't think like that, do you?
No. I don't.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:05 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,154 times
Quote:

And this ^^^^ is just one example of why it would serve no good purpose for the President to respond further to any of these birthers, and why producing THE Long-Form version of his birth certificate will not make any difference at all.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:19 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Of course they didn't. They had a history and a life that was WELL DOCUMENTED, a paper trail so to speak from their youth to adulthood.

Obama had/has none of that. None of his "paperwork", documents, school records, college records, law application....NONE of that has been released.

Do you DENY this?
That is not really the point. Those documents you mentioned do not prove anything, either, especially not one's birth place. Nor can I confirm or deny that Obama has not released them, or that Bush and Clinton did.

To me it's quite obvious that those accusations only serve as a means to get rid of a president a third of the population doesn't want. If Americans were happy with his work, they would not even think of challenging his birth status. Since the election results were clear, unlike with with the Gore vs Bush election, there is no point in challenging the results themselves. Thus the BC crap.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:20 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh, if he will releases the long form every birther will then demand that they get their own signed sealed and delivered copy. Of course they will then claim that it is a forgery by Hawaii's Democratic governor. AND OF COURSE, we can then start arguing, all over again, that Obama isn't a natural born citizen BECAUSE his father was a British citizen, ad nauseum, ad nauseum...
Then they will demand carbon dating of the certificate to prove once and for all that he is indeed not a time traveler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies