Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 12:16 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
First of all - in your opinion is birth control morally wrong? And it is not wrong for a working couple to limit family size, then why would it be wrong for a welfare woman to limit family size?

It's funny - the liberals who are most for birth control, abortions, don't want any of this for the welfare women.

There's something wrong with a society where the most capable, the working people must limit family size but the welfare class is paid to breed.

And soon the children born into poverty - aka welfare programs - will outnumber those born to the working people and as we know, welfare quickly becomes generational. What happens when the working people can no longer afford the welfare types who outnumber them?

It is not a kindness to encourage women who can never support their children to go on having them.

It's also not about rich versus poor - if a low income couple chooses to give up new cars and expensive clothes and works hard to support their children, no one is talking about them. It's the welfare dependent who are incapable of holding down jobs, incapable of working for a living but having the most children - because having children to get welfare handouts has become a way of life.

First of all I am NOT against birth control, I am FOR individuals being responsible & nowhere will you ever read that I refuse to believe there are SOME who will scam any system that allows it.
I do not encourage anyone who is poor to have children.

All of that being said, I will never agree that my fellow citizens whether they are poor or not be singled out & have forced sterilization programs because they are poor.
Although it is usually not stated, most of us know that the poor are already looked 'down upon' in this country. They are not treated the same.

I also believe there has been an increase in our attentions lately on many subjects concerning the poor & I do not think this is by chance but, instead I feel it is so most people will feel better when programs for the poor begin getting cut.
These 'feel good' programs keep certain folks feeling better about their political parties & the fact that their party is 'helping' when it comes to saving their tax dollars.

There is another thread on survival of the fittest here on CD.
The ironic thing is that 'the poor' would probably be the winners because they have to survive against those that bash them everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 01:27 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
So, there is no federal money given to states for social programs?
Again you've failed to substantiate your link from military spending, or more precisely the number of CD posts about military spending, to this discussion of welfare babies.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
First of all I am NOT against birth control, I am FOR individuals being responsible & nowhere will you ever read that I refuse to believe there are SOME who will scam any system that allows it.
I do not encourage anyone who is poor to have children.

All of that being said, I will never agree that my fellow citizens whether they are poor or not be singled out & have forced sterilization programs because they are poor.
Although it is usually not stated, most of us know that the poor are already looked 'down upon' in this country. They are not treated the same.

I also believe there has been an increase in our attentions lately on many subjects concerning the poor & I do not think this is by chance but, instead I feel it is so most people will feel better when programs for the poor begin getting cut.
These 'feel good' programs keep certain folks feeling better about their political parties & the fact that their party is 'helping' when it comes to saving their tax dollars.

There is another thread on survival of the fittest here on CD.
The ironic thing is that 'the poor' would probably be the winners because they have to survive against those that bash them everyday.
I don't think anyone wants *forced* but if someone remains on welfare, makes it their lifestyle choice, then sterilization should be a requirement. But just like no one would be forced to live off welfare handouts, they wouldn't be forced to be sterilized.

It is terribly wrong for women on welfare to go on having more babies in order to keep the welfare handouts coming. That's a terrible exploitation of children.

The welfare system isn't working. Poverty is only fast increasing and far too many able-bodied people are living off government handouts.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:53 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone wants *forced* but if someone remains on welfare, makes it their lifestyle choice, then sterilization should be a requirement. But just like no one would be forced to live off welfare handouts, they wouldn't be forced to be sterilized.

It is terribly wrong for women on welfare to go on having more babies in order to keep the welfare handouts coming. That's a terrible exploitation of children.

The welfare system isn't working. Poverty is only fast increasing and far too many able-bodied people are living off government handouts.
exactly..

no one is saying PERMANENT sterilization, like the progressive liberals did in the 20's,30's, and 40's with their Eugenetics program

simple answer

mandate (liberals seem to want to mandate everything else) that those on welfare, or wish to recieve the assistance of welfare MUST SUBMIT to drug testing, and to a TEMPORARY sterilization (ie...The hormone implant Your doctor inserts the implant under the skin of your upper arm. One implant prevents pregnancy for up to 3 years)

Old 12-29-2010, 01:59 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
And again - welfare handouts should not be some lifestyle choice. The whole goal of welfare programs for the able-bodied should be to get them off welfare as quickly as possible. Enticing these women to have more babies runs completely counter to that. Even allowing that does.

The current system is terribly broken. Children are being born into poverty (which of course means welfare handouts) at higher rates than ever. It is not a kindness because soon they will outnumber the children born to working taxpayers and then what? When their fast increasing numbers overwhelm the ability of the taxpayers to provide for them, it's not going to be so kind.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:25 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times
Quote:

Are you kidding me? Have you read through some of these posts? or the other threads about welfare, UE or the poor?
The poor have been called everything from 'leeches' to 'lazy bums' & on & on.
There are also some who absolutely have suggested the forced sterilization of the poor.
The welfare system does work.
It needs improvements & possible overhaul because with the rapidly rising rate that the US has seen of those who have lost jobs, homes, etc it is becoming harder & harder to sustain. Benefits are already being cut drastically in some states.

It is NOT the fault of the poor. Do you not find it interesting that suddenly everybody is talking about welfare & food stamps? Why do you think that is? Possibly because people are waking up to the fact out country is in trouble & it is easier to explain it away by saying it's those lazy people who keep having babies on welfare?
BTW for every WOMAN having a baby on welfare just remember there is a man involved & I'm not hearing so much about them here on CD.

Poverty is NOT increasing because of those who already are poor.
It is because there are so many who are now becoming poor.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:26 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

By talking about the poor like they ALL chose to be poor and ALL of them have ALWAYS been poor. ???

How ONLY the poor are leaches? How ONLY the poor are irresponsible?

?

You are creative. Nobody on this board (that I have seen) said those two statements. Just you.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You are creative. Nobody on this board (that I have seen) said those two statements. Just you.
Reading between lines is required in these forums.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
The welfare system does work. .

Wow! I would hate to see a system that you think does not work.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Reading between lines is required in these forums.

That is a poor habit and can lead to all kinds of unnecessary disagreements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies