Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 01:05 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,248,039 times

Advertisements

This thread got me thinking

Since it is obvious that anyone, and much more importantly, everyone can lift themselves out of poverty if they so choose, then why don't more people choose to become billionaires?

It would seem to be a good life-style and it can be achieved through only hard work.

99% of Americans are not billionaires, why so many lazy people?

Last edited by filihok; 12-30-2010 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 01:25 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,092,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

Since it is obvious that anyone, and much more importantly, everyone can lift themselves out of poverty if they so choose, then why don't more people choose to become billionaires?

It would seem to be a good life-style and it can be achieved through only hard work.

Good on you!!! Throw it right back at 'em!

Yup, all these "I Hate the Poor 'Cause It's Easy and Makes me Feel So Superior" people should look UP once in a while and they would see wealthier people looking down at THEM!!!!
Looking at them wondering why they're wasting their time complaining/whining about others in a chat room when they COULD be working towards billions.....

Now, here's where the Haters come in and say they really ARE billionaires since nothng can be proven to back up their silly claims......I won't wait....

Old 12-30-2010, 01:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,222,269 times
I'm not a billionaire...I'm a gazillionaire so I don't have to reply

Old 12-30-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm not a billionaire...I'm a gazillionaire so I don't have to reply
How do you feel about all of the lazy billionaires?

Should they be shot or only sterilized?

Old 12-30-2010, 01:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,222,269 times
I could care less how much money people make.
Seems the more they make the less happy they are from reading articles.
And those at the other end are full of such hate and jealousy they can't even appreciate what they have.

I have what I have in life and I make the best of it.
I do march to a different beat though so maybe my opinion doesn't matter all that much.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:37 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,050,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Yup, all these "I Hate the Poor 'Cause It's Easy and Makes me Feel So Superior" people should look UP once in a while and they would see wealthier people looking down at THEM!!!!
Looking at them wondering why they're wasting their time complaining/whining about others in a chat room when they COULD be working towards billions.....

Now, here's where the Haters come in and say they really ARE billionaires since nothng can be proven to back up their silly claims......I won't wait....
Yep, they don't want to look up because they will be blinded by those above them who are trickling down a crap storm upon them. Like the CEO of BP, didn't care what damage his company caused to the livelihood and health of those in the Gulf. He just wanted his life back.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:37 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,049,916 times
Quote:

That's a GREAT question! LOL!

Of course, every conservative on C-D is seemingly rich, owns several businesses, and are on their way to being billionaires.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:38 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,458,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Well I'm not a billionaire. I only make about $2.3 million a year. Which is barely middle class these days. I mean it's hard to survive on--I'm not wealthy, sometimes I have to even cut back on taking my yacht for a spin or a winter vacation on the French Riviera.

And of course I earned every single dollar I've made in my life, making me a good example of a hardworking self-made American, unlike all the liberal welfare leaches out there. I mean no one ever gave me anything except for my parents paying for my private high school and college education and auto insurance and mortgage---and of course all the money I inherited from my independantly wealthy relatives. But other than that I've earned every penny. Take that libs!

And of course all us hard-working self-made upper-lower middle class millionaires spend most of our time on CityData...What else are we supposed to do with our idle time--yell at our butlers?

Old 12-30-2010, 01:39 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,430,344 times
Quote:

(golf clap)

As your post implies, why must this argument be applied one way?

Surely if you aren't a billionaire by now you are lacking some sort of work ethic to succeed in this country, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's a GREAT question! LOL!

Of course, every conservative on C-D is seemingly rich, owns several businesses, and are on their way to being billionaires.
Haha, funny how that works out. Think it's just a coincidence, or could it be that they are full of crap? Everybody is wealthy....online.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Well I'm not a billionaire.
Lazy SOB.

You run around flaunting it-like you are proud

You disgust me!!!

Quote:
And of course all us hard-working self-made upper-lower middle class millionaires spend most of our time on CityData...What else are we supposed to do with our idle time--yell at our butlers?
Idle time? Start another business. You lazy piece of ****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies