Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Well when we are the only country to have increased our corporate tax rates in the past 20 years, what does that tell you? Not only that, but every other country has dropped theirs by an average of double digit percentage points. Once Japan lowers theirs by 5 percentage points, we will have the highest rates in the world. And you don't think that's draconian?
You already know where i stand. The environment for business in the United States isn't draconian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 10:06 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well then...there you have it. They "tell" us this, so it must be true!

After all, American corporations would NEVER lie about anything.
What would their motivation be to lie about their reasons for offshoring? I'm not saying that corporations never lie, but they have to have a motivation and vested interest to do so, and in this instance I don't see what that motivation would be.

You have the VP of Taxation at Intel telling you that had he known all the ins and outs of global corporate taxes that he would have recommended that they set up the business in a more business friendly country. Was he lying too?

Old 01-02-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You already know where i stand. The environment for business in the United States isn't draconian.
Difference of opinion then.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 AM

504 posts, read 457,013 times
Default Really come again lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Less than 1/2 that tax rate charged to corporations in the USA.

Canada Slashes Business Taxes to Lure Investment - WSJ.com

But of course liberals think corporations in the USA don't pay enough. Watch as more corporations leave the USA to headquarter in Ontario!

Ha ha Canada will set the rate at 16.5% but guess what there won't be the loopholes and subsidies that we allow in the USA. Yes we are at 30% but after all the money is counted due to the corporations ownership of our govt the final tally is more like 7%. Dont believe me do the research.

Corporations flee because they want little yellow people in sweatshops making 3 bucks a day. Canada will have to offer a happy ending also and bend on all their polution laws too in order to pull away any American Manufacturing.

People up there care about their environment. I dont see 16.5% being too much of a factor.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:05 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Great move Canada!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:36 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
Too bad our clueless President won't do anything about the draconian business conditions in this country, starting with that corporate tax rate, on top of an out-of-control legal system, and those insatiable job-killers known as encironmentalists.

Small wonder that outsourcing exists.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Too bad our clueless President won't do anything about the draconian business conditions in this country, starting with that corporate tax rate, on top of an out-of-control legal system, and those insatiable job-killers known as encironmentalists.

Small wonder that outsourcing exists.
You're saying that Obama created our current corporate tax rate, our legal system, environmentalism, and that he's responsible for outsourcing.

That's very imaginative of you.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You're saying that Obama created our current corporate tax rate, our legal system, environmentalism, and that he's responsible for outsourcing.

That's very imaginative of you.
He's in a position to address the problem, no? Isn't that part of his job? He could easily ask congress to look into our corporate tax rates and the impact they are having on our economy. Or are you suggesting that things should stay the way they are permanently and forever because the "current" president didn't create the problem.

What an asinine statement... your third in this thread alone.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:30 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Ha ha Canada will set the rate at 16.5% but guess what there won't be the loopholes and subsidies that we allow in the USA.
There are lots of loop holes...Most years my corporate tax is either nil, or I show a loss...If I show a loss the tax dept. returns tax that I paid in previous years.....I incorporated in 1978, and have basically paid no corporate tax since then, just personal income tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies