Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 08:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Of course they will spend our tax dollars. And of course some programs need to be funded. But that is changing the topic. What they will not do is spend them on excessive, lavish vacations, etc. There are already refusing Limo Rides and camping out in their offices to save money in these hard times and not be bought out by lobbyists. I think it says a lot. But again, I don't want to wander off topic.

The topic here, is the Obamas and the Lavish vacation they are enjoying at our expense. It would be nice if they would try to be a bit frugal with our money. You know - "tighten the belt a bit and make a sacrifice or two, like the administration keeps expecting us to do.
Why don't you start a thread about this and post some links to actually verify this stuff? I'd love to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 08:23 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
This thread is NOT about private individuals spending their private money however they wish. This thread is about the POTUS spending OUR MONEY on his lavish vacation during these hard times.
Then why did you say this:

Quote:
Actually, perhaps everyone, or at least many more, COULD afford to do it, if he weren't spending all our money!
It's always hard times for some people.
Admit it, you just hate Obama with a white hot passion.

How's the kool-aid?

Threads evolve; just because you don't want to address something that you introduced, doesn't mean that it's not logical or off-topic.
Funny, it wasn't off-topic until you were questioned about something you apprently don't want to address.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:38 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then why did you say this:

It's always hard times for some people.
Admit it, you just hate Obama with a white hot passion.

How's the kool-aid?

Threads evolve; just because you don't want to address something that you introduced, doesn't mean that it's not logical or off-topic.
Funny, it wasn't off-topic until you were questioned about something you apprently don't want to address.
Perhaps you just don't get it or perhaps you don't want to get it. But, what this thread is about is Obama spending Tax Payer's money on his lavish vacation at a time when the country is suffering real economic hard times. Many people are unemployed, many people have lost their homes, many people have lost their retirement investments. Obama is spending OUR MONEY on an excessive vacation. NOT GOOD. If Joe Blow has managed to weather this economic storm and chooses to go on a lavish vacation on his privately earned dime? NO PROBLEM. The POTUS should show more restraint because he is spending OUR MONEY; not his private money.

Do you get it now? You may not agree; but do you get it???

Old 01-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Ah, but the pres. is spending his own money for everything except the transportation and the Secret Service. The SS money would be spent no matter what, and if he took a vacation at a Motel 6 in DC.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you just don't get it or perhaps you don't want to get it. But, what this thread is about is Obama spending Tax Payer's money on his lavish vacation at a time when the country is suffering real economic hard times. Many people are unemployed, many people have lost their homes, many people have lost their retirement investments. Obama is spending OUR MONEY on an excessive vacation. NOT GOOD. If Joe Blow has managed to weather this economic storm and chooses to go on a lavish vacation on his privately earned dime? NO PROBLEM. The POTUS should show more restraint because he is spending OUR MONEY; not his private money.

Do you get it now? You may not agree; but do you get it???
Yet BUSH started the problems that we're now facing and he spent TAX PAYER MONEY on his holidays that were over 1/3 of his presidency.
Did BUSH spend your money? Yet, not one word against him.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Ah, but the pres. is spending his own money for everything except the transportation and the Secret Service. The SS money would be spent no matter what, and if he took a vacation at a Motel 6 in DC.
Michelle traveled a few days earlier at a cost of an additional $63,000. Obamas spent extra on SS because they chose to stay at a locale that required it, rather than near the air force base where the Clintons had stayed. Obama went to visit a friend with a giant motorcade of SS rather than just have the friend come visit him. You gotta admit, it would have looked better had he attempted to make a few budgetary cuts in his vacation. But, you probably won't, so shall we just "agree to disagree?"

Old 01-02-2011, 09:19 PM

Does Obama have a choice but to travel with a motorcade of SS?
Want him to be a prisoner of the white house?

Did you expect the same of the last president, or did the economic downturn start on 20 Jan 2009?

Old 01-02-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Michelle traveled a few days earlier at a cost of an additional $63,000. Obamas spent extra on SS because they chose to stay at a locale that required it, rather than near the air force base where the Clintons had stayed. Obama went to visit a friend with a giant motorcade of SS rather than just have the friend come visit him. You gotta admit, it would have looked better had he attempted to make a few budgetary cuts in his vacation. But, you probably won't, so shall we just "agree to disagree?"
First, cut the personal attacks. I've already reported one. Do you think the Clintons didn't need secret service protection even if they were staying "near" the AFB? I don't get the total uproar about this motorcade. Good grief, it's not like it's going to add measurably to the national debt. Talk about pennywise and pound foolish!

I don't "gotta" admit anything.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
First, cut the personal attacks. I've already reported one. Do you think the Clintons didn't need secret service protection even if they were staying "near" the AFB? I don't get the total uproar about this motorcade. Good grief, it's not like it's going to add measurably to the national debt. Talk about pennywise and pound foolish!

I don't "gotta" admit anything.
No you don't. And I have no idea what "personal attacks" you are referring to. But, I do know that I think Obama's vacation was excessive and showed poor taste and judgement. And I know that you disagree. Nothing much else to say. Have a good evening.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
He's paying for all the hotel rooms for the SS out of his own money ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies