Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 10:12 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wow. What a desperate reach here.

This thread is about his heinous and his thirst for spending money for his own pleasure that is not his. For his arrogance and selfishness for taking away SS/security from their families at Xmas AND New Years.
Talk about a desperate reach!

Funny we never saw you whining about the pissant little cowboy taking SS/security away from their families during his holiday excursions. More typical self-Righteous hypocrisy!

BTW His heinous WHAT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 10:19 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,440 times
None of the modern day Presidents feel the pain of the American people. They are royalty above all of us while they spend more tax dollars on themselves. From Christie in Disney world to Obama in Hawaii, they are going to enjoy their run while they can.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:23 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Talk about a desperate reach!

Funny we never saw you whining about the pissant little cowboy taking SS/security away from their families during his holiday excursions. More typical self-Righteous hypocrisy!

BTW His heinous WHAT?
As you can see, he spent his Xmas vacations at Camp David, not on lavish vacations on the taxpayers dime. He was not selfish like obama, taking a plethora of SS and security details AWAY from their families during Xmas AND New Year.

The piece of work is truly an arrogant, elitist, selfish piece of unmentionable.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:26 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Where did this belief come from that Presidents need to temper their lifestyle to the economic climate in the country? He made it to the top and should enjoy the perks...or at least that is what you free market, capitalist Republicans love to talk about when it's someone else.

It didn't bother me during the time I was unemployed. Doesn't bother me now. Don't see why it should matter. Not his or any other president's job to cater to the lowest common denominator.
Are you seriously calling America's Unemployed, "the lowest common denominator???" Do you think that is how the President refers to the unemployed? You should be ashamed of yourself!

As for your comparison of the President being entitled to enjoy "the perks" in the same way capitalists enjoy their "perks," there is a big difference here:

Capitalists are spending THEIR money.

Government Workers (which is what the President is) are spending OUR money.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
As you can see, he spent his Xmas vacations at Camp David, not on lavish vacations on the taxpayers dime. He was not selfish like obama, taking a plethora of SS and security details AWAY from their families during Xmas AND New Year.

The piece of work is truly an arrogant, elitist, selfish piece of unmentionable.
Please provide some evidence that Bush spent the entirely of all his Christmas "vacations" at CD. I'll bet he left for TX within a day or so of 12/25, with the usual entourage that is required to protect the pres.

12,373 posts, read 13,191,621 times
Quote:

We get it you HATE him, we can only speculate why but we have a pretty good idea...

8,806 posts, read 6,108,411 times
During a time that we are so in debt as a country, Obama has no business taking these lavish vacations. And yes, it is lavish, and no, it's not his home. My argument is the same as it was on the thread posted before Obama even left for his little excursion.

Now that the facts are in front of them, liberals still can't see the light and admit it was wrong of him to take this vacation right now. They only want to point the finger and say "Well, he is only doing what other presidents did." Two (or 43) wrongs don't make a right.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:31 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,570 times
Just another variation of the I-hate-the-Commie-Kenyan-black-President threads.

ALL Presidents take vacations, STOP whining and deal with it!

You betcha.....Steve

Old 12-31-2010, 11:13 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The person you replied to believes Obama's home is somewhere in Kenya...
Then he's saving all of us a lot of money by going to Hawaii instead.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:16 AM

545 posts, read 400,250 times
I have no problem with Obama taking this lavish vacation.

One poster on this thread said we are only mad because we too can't take such a lavish trip..

Do you say the same whenever a CEO receive a fat bonus? or when an executive buys a mansion?
or do you cry that they are "robbing" the poor blind? or they should "give back" to society? for many don't have a home to go to.

One person said that this is a "perk" for Obama being in his position...LOL

Do you say the same thing about business executives?..that after years or decades climbing the corporate ladder or just running their own business , that they earn their pay and certain privileges to be in that spot or do you whine that all they do is sit on their butts and don't do any real work and only got to where they're at through "secret" deals, by robbing the "poor".

I remember when one bank spent their money on a party and everyone thought it was highly inappropriate to be doing that during this economic climate...that showing such extragvance was wrong because people were losing jobs, blah, blah, blah

Here, Obama gets to take a million dollar vacation and "what?...you're just mad because you can't take such a trip"..........really?..

A bank should be more concerned with public relations, but the president shouldn't?...all my years of reading liberal posts and this is a new one.

I don't think its us who are mad at those who live such luxurious lives...how do I know?....which side is trying to tax the hell out of every successful person because they don't "deserve" it or they can "do with less" and "no one needs that much money".

Again I have seen this all the time...no body on the right deserve or earned their money, and even if they did earn it honestly they should still be forced to "give it back" to society through taxes for no one gets to live such an awesome life while they're are so many people struggling.

but someone on the left?...and someone who is a politician nonetheless gets to live like a king and that is what they would defend to no end.

I remember during the presidential campaign that there was a survey that showed like 70% of CEOs were afraid of Obama....and what did the left say about it? "well they are just mad because they are going to be taxed more and not be able to do things like buy fancy cars and take VACATIONS".....you see?....only those on the left get to live such a great life...your CEOs?...business owners?...those that actually employ people?....can they live the good life?.....not so much.

Last edited by EricGold; 12-31-2010 at 11:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies