Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 11:31 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,675,894 times

Advertisements

Hey, glad to see we are getting some posts
I sure hope the housing problems are getting over. I know I am not making any big changes. High gas could mean so many problems
I say Oregon will defeat Auburn...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 11:45 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,782 times
Pats win the superbowl.
Obama wakes up and vetos his own HC bill to get re-elected
Palin does not run for pres.
Unemployment will be 9.5%
Korean war breaks out
Euro fails
States go bankrupt

Old 12-31-2010, 11:50 PM

I think I agree on SP not running, seems she is busy and why bother?
I sure hope Korea settles down

Old 12-31-2010, 11:57 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
-Glenn Beck's show (TV) will be cancelled (though I'm going out on a limb with that one)
-Gas will be $5+ by June
-The Student Loan Bubble will begin to burst (going out on a limb)
-Unemployment will fall, but still remain at or above 9%
-A Medical Marijuana Bubble will begin to grow (going out on a limb)
-The Medical Industry Bubble will begin to burst (going out on a limb)
-Toronto for the 2010-2011 season will see its top 10 snowless winter on record
-Minneapolis for the 2011-2011 season will see its top 10 snowiest winter on record
-The Blu-Ray disk will replace the DVD
-Sarah Palin will announce she's running for president in 2012
-Borders will go out of business (going out on a limb)
-Ford will take spot as largest auto company in the world
-For the first time in history, the Post Office will proceed with major layoffs
-Some of the worst stagflation in history will plague the country (inflation in food & energy, deflation in wages), thus also preventing any "recovery"
-China will become the world's largest manufacturer
I was mostly agreeing except for the bolded. I really hope you are wrong on that one because I still have all non-digital TVs and am not ready for Blu-Ray yet. Hell I didn't even by a DVD player until 2005!

Old 01-01-2011, 12:15 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,925,490 times
* People who ascribe to fundamentalist religions will work themselves into a lather about 2012 craziness but then will come to understand that the transformation is metaphoric, not literal.
* People, in general will realize that war is barbaric and our troops will return home.
* The ghettos in America will be given a face lift - buildings will be painted pink, yellow and a beautiful shade of light green, flowers will be planted, people will take pride in their homes, however humble. Peace and love will reign on the streets.
* All people will recognize the humanity in each other and people will begin to greet each other with "Namaste" and mean it.
* TV will rise to a new level - there will be more PBS, shows on anthropology, psychology, spirituality, world history, local history. There will be documentaries on at all hours of the day and night. No more cop shows or vulgarity or inanity. People of all ages will be inspired, every day.
* People will begin doing good deeds and "paying it forward." Manners will return to society.
* Every addict will give up their addiction and will begin doing volunteer work for their communities.
* People will be kind to each other in all transactions.
* When someone needs help, someone else will notice and step forward to help.
* Families will begin to understand each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt.
* People will begin to treat all animals will love and care and humans will learn true empathy.
* People will learn to meditate and pray and spend time in nature and they will be calmer and more grounded, as a result.
* Everyone will always be on their best behavior.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:18 AM

wow i want to move to your world

Old 01-01-2011, 12:26 AM

401 posts, read 473,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
* People who ascribe to fundamentalist religions will work themselves into a lather about 2012 craziness but then will come to understand that the transformation is metaphoric, not literal.
* People, in general will realize that war is barbaric and our troops will return home.
* The ghettos in America will be given a face lift - buildings will be painted pink, yellow and a beautiful shade of light green, flowers will be planted, people will take pride in their homes, however humble. Peace and love will reign on the streets.
* All people will recognize the humanity in each other and people will begin to greet each other with "Namaste" and mean it.
* TV will rise to a new level - there will be more PBS, shows on anthropology, psychology, spirituality, world history, local history. There will be documentaries on at all hours of the day and night. No more cop shows or vulgarity or inanity. People of all ages will be inspired, every day.
* People will begin doing good deeds and "paying it forward." Manners will return to society.
* Every addict will give up their addiction and will begin doing volunteer work for their communities.
* People will be kind to each other in all transactions.
* When someone needs help, someone else will notice and step forward to help.
* Families will begin to understand each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt.
* People will begin to treat all animals will love and care and humans will learn true empathy.
* People will learn to meditate and pray and spend time in nature and they will be calmer and more grounded, as a result.
* Everyone will always be on their best behavior.
Namaste

Old 01-01-2011, 12:31 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,925,490 times
Namaste!

Old 01-01-2011, 12:54 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,449 times
Republicans will be chanting drill baby drill again.
Economy continues its snails pace recovery.
Huck and Palin decide not to run, getting embarassed in a campaign won't be good for their TV careers.
Tim Pawlenty is the first to announce he is going to run for president among republicans.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:13 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
The government will admit we are in a depression, and the Dow will retest its March 2009 lows. Unemployment will rise to 12%. Oil prices will collapse when the stock market does.

Look for basically a repeat of late 2008-early 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies