Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 02:31 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,630 times

Advertisements

You think it's a bad idea she's trying to make our kids healthier? I don't know about you, but I don't want my son to grow and be a fatty - it's disgusting and if he can have a consistent diet from home to school; I'm all for it. As are any other intelligent parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 02:37 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
how is it an improvement to give children the LESS HEALTHY skim milk when whole milk is better for them, and they NOT HAVE THE OPTION???

how is it an IMPROVEMENT to force whole wheat when it is HARDER TO DIGEST and actually has MORE SUGARS and and many casaes more CARBS

I am not saying that the school linches were good at all,,, but the FEDERAL government needs to stay the heck out of it.. and they need to get rid of the FAULTY SCIENCE that are peddeling
Says who?

"...the American Academy of Pediatrics advises that parents begin low fat milk after age two years. Before that age, toddlers should be either breastfeeding or drinking whole milk, but after age two you can start giving him 2%, 1%, or skim milk"

Kids and Milk

As for the bread, the same academy recommends wheat bread over white, and keep in mind that not all wheat bread is whole wheat.
And, again, as long as the Feds are paying for those lunches, they have every right to decide what they want to pay for.
Don't like it - bag your kid's lunch.

It's clear that you have specific health concerns, and I appreciate that. My son could not drink cow milk at all when he was school age, but, I certainly did not expect the school to serve only soy or some other product to meet his needs. I sent him to school with what his diet required.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies