Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 02:22 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
i'd like to see one station that shows not one iota of political bias..... Guess i'll be dead before that happens.
cspan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 03:06 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Go read the US Constitution - at least once. Then look at the "honorable" folks running things.
That's high comedy.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:16 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
I think I'm going to jump in here and ask a question. It's one I've asked in these "evil, biased" media threads before and never gotten a good answer:

What would you do about it? For those who moan about how the "media," or, more commonly from the right, the "MSM" is so biased and untrustworthy, what's the solution? Censorship? Some sort of "official" line on every story?

Come on! How about it? What's your plan? If you don't have one, stop whining about it.

Oh...one more thing. All this concern over the media seems to be predicated on the idea that people can be swayed, can be influenced, led "astray" by tilted reporting. That they might fall victim to some sort of conspiracy and be led down the garden path.

So..tell me? Are YOU falling for it? Can they get to YOU? Are YOU smart enough not to be conned and manipulated?

I suspect everyone's personal answer is, "No! I can see right through them!" Well, if that's the case, what makes you think everyone else isn't as smart as you are? Do you REALLY have such a low opinion of others intelligence? If so, why?

Old 01-02-2011, 04:51 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamisa007 View Post
Lou Dobbs a racist???
Your ignorance is appalling. Lou Dobbs has an obnoxious personality, but he is NOT a racist.
Lou Dobbs is married to Debi Lee Segura--a Mexican-American.
He has 4 children who are half Mexican.
His inlaws are Mexican Nationals who live with him on and off.
He speaks fluent Spanish.
He is ardently against ILLEGAL immigration and EXTREMELY pro-LEGAL immigration.

If you had ever watched his show or his interviews with Hispanic leaders you would know this.
But clearly like most of the self-righteous elitist sheep you follow along blindly and ignorantly, calling people racists just because the ill-informed liberal rags all do.

Please show one instance where Lou Dobbs has been a racist.
The liberals consider anyone in America that supports the rule of law regarding immigration as a racist.

And no Katiana, that's not a play of the race card.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
The liberals consider anyone in America that supports the rule of law regarding immigration as a racist.

And no Katiana, that's not a play of the race card.
What a load of ... If you were paying the least bit of attention you would know most Americans Liberal/Conservative/Moderate are against illegal immigration. FYI it is the Conservatives that have wanted amnesty as the solution, check your history before making statments that are pure rhetoric nonsense.
Casper

Old 01-02-2011, 07:50 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What a load of ... If you were paying the least bit of attention you would know most Americans Liberal/Conservative/Moderate are against illegal immigration. FYI it is the Conservatives that have wanted amnesty as the solution, check your history before making statments that are pure rhetoric nonsense.
Casper
We have a legal non racial program in America for immigrants.

So exactly who is fomenting the racist attitude and backing illegal immigration law breaking?

It sure ain't me. I'm a conservative and I oppose amnesty of any kind to grant citizenship. I don't hire illegals either.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
We have a legal non racial program in America for immigrants.

So exactly who is fomenting the racist attitude and backing illegal immigration law breaking?

It sure ain't me. I'm a conservative and I oppose amnesty of any kind to grant citizenship. I don't hire illegals either.
My bad, it is the Conservatives Leaders that wanted amnesty.
Casper

Old 01-02-2011, 08:17 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Before I retired I watched CNN for a few minutes every day and didn't bother to wonder if what I was hearing was true. Now I have time to watch other things and listen to radio and am better informed. In my opinion, the Republicans should demand equal time to answer to the CNN Democratic Propaganda Machine. I do not any longer consider them a credible news source.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Before I retired I watched CNN for a few minutes every day and didn't bother to wonder if what I was hearing was true. Now I have time to watch other things and listen to radio and am better informed. In my opinion, the Republicans should demand equal time to answer to the CNN Democratic Propaganda Machine. I do not any longer consider them a credible news source.
I agree, just as soon as FOX gives Democrats the same equal time
Casper

Old 01-02-2011, 08:32 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Jon Stewart recently on Larry King complimented Fox News, he doesnt support them but said they stand for something at least.

CNN no longer stands for anything except as a sell-out corporate puppet. Ten years ago they were not like this

Lou Dobbs used to have a good show re: Independent viewers. He diuscussed inportant issues for the American middle class, jobs, economy, etc. Now HLN has showbiz trash shows on, as well as Nancy Grace and Behar (ick) Its just more garbage thrown to the public to keep our attentions away from factual realities that matter.
National Enquirer of cable TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies